AWS

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-03 Andy Hunt on Twitter Amazon AWS had a power failure, their backup generators f (535x409, 40K)

should have used azure ha ha ha

Everyone who believes that the cloud is an excuse to stop worrying about availability or backups should look for another job.
Always, literally always, have a backup. And, if you can, always have a plan to get your shit up again when something like this happens.

because their servers are not running on electricity, right?

every company i know of that has switched to IaaS has regretted it.
>"it's like, the future bro"

>Backup generators failed
How does it even happen?

why does this matter to me? i'm not a business. fuck this nonsense. fuck you for posting it. fuck everything. fuck technology and fuck data niggers.

Pretty known problem actually. They often have different problems.

Lack of disaster recovery testing, probably never performed one and when it was needed the electrical installation was fucked up or couldn't hold as much power as it needed sneed

Attached: uhrDgSO[1].png (500x488, 16K)

leave a car sitting in your garage with minimal maintenance for five years and then try to start it

not going to doxx myself, though i do appreciate the irony

AWS literally has options to mirror your VPC to data centers in several different locations around the world that kick in immediately when the primary servers can't be reached specifically so this doesn't happen. So basically the retard did the virtual equivalent of keeping an entire database in RAM and refusing to hook up a UPS.
That being said fuck Amazon.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaased

You mean the cloud that forgot about leap years?

whatever garbage company full 100% relies on cloud servers is a company you shouldn't trust and they deserve everything that goes wrong.

>have all of your infrastructure in one datacenter in one region
>bitch when that turns out to not be 100% available
you get what you pay for

Jow Forums is free internet.

lul

CLOUDFAGS BTFO

Attached: 1509756284291.png (574x640, 315K)

shame this couldn't happen to facebook more often

even more unstable

DIVERSIFY
DIVERSIFY
DIVERSIFY

Wait so they have no redundancy?

>refuse to make backups
>put everything in one spot
>that one point of failure fails
Surely this is everyone else's fault.

But i am a business, so it matters to me.
thank you based Jow Forums news poster

>the cloud is just someone else's computer.
If only someone could've told us this sooner...

Diversify what? Surely one would assume that amazon takes care of backups and redundancy? One would assume that they actually know how to do their fucking job since they're getting paid for it?

>since they're getting paid for it
Someone didn't read the SLAs

I'm glad my organization didn't fell for the cloud meme.

its not their job
its the job of the client to mame sure he doesnt use one fucking datacenter

>Surely one would assume that amazon takes care of backups and redundancy?
Anyone who was actually paying attention to the descriptions of the services they were using would know that this isn't the case. Backups for your data don't magically appear from thin air, you have to specify that you want to pay for backups to be made and maintained, or just do it yourself. You can also specify that you want your data to exist across multiple data centers around the world instead of just "some guy's computer." This is made abundantly clear through the AWS site when you create and manage your VPC.
>One would assume that they actually know how to do their fucking job since they're getting paid for it?
Yeah, they did exactly what they were paid to do: store all of this client's data in one spot and not back it up or provide any redundancy. You might as well complain that the guy delivering your pizza didn't rotate your tires and check your house for termites after you paid him to deliver a pizza.

Engines tend to break when they don't run for extended periods. Usually easy fixes but not what you want for backup power. This is why critical backup generators (hospitals etc.) are started and left to run for a few hours at least once a month.

based ahoposter

Replicating to other data centers is still the best method. Your hand held backup doesn't have their bandwidth

If I had a buck for every time someone's lifeline million dollar ebusiness got Thanos'd overnight because it only existed as a $5 vps and their lowest bid admin thought raid was a backup I'd be doing a lot better.

No they don't
Well maybe they do, but that's why testing generators is important.

t. datacenter gangster

you must work with some retards then

dude you never even left your shitty room

Usually because they're diesel generators and they don't start them often enough

How do I become a datacenter gangster?

keep wasting money for overpriced services

Google it.

Thanks op. Been telling my company for awhile to plan around Amazon failures. I'll pass your blog along. Liked and subscribed.

Maybe the maintenance guy forgot to put diesel in it

>twitter screenshot
Diagnosis: trollbot thread
>OP text is 1 dot, less effort wouldn't be possible
Diagnosis: trollbot thread