People call GNU Linux

People call GNU Linux.

People call Android Android.

Why?

Attached: sway.png (351x474, 194K)

Because GNU sounds retarded as fuck

Because stallman didnt make linux.
He just wrote a c compiler.

Does not. I've taken to calling it just gnu. People wonder and I explain. Hope I don't sound like a nerd.

Attached: meditate.jpg (1280x1112, 638K)

Linux actually sounds like a word though, GAHNOO sounds like someone sneezed weirdly

>Because GNU sounds retarded as fuck
Nomen est omen.

maybe thats why you say Gee en oo like a normal human

But it's an acronym, not an initialism

>Because stallman didnt make linux.
Linux is just a kernel. When Mr T*rvalds licensed his kernel under the GNU GPL in 1993 it was used in the GNU operating system, which began in 1984. So it's GNU with a kernel written by Mr T*rvalds.

>People call GNU Linux.
no they don't

People call GNU/Linux linux
People call Android Samsung

Attached: 1567442366815.png (590x157, 272K)

Do you have a Samsung charger?

God I hate women

ok

Not sure why some folks call systemd 'GNU.' Takes all kinds, I suppose.

i can't believe some people call The One I Use "systemd", unbelievable!

people call android android
people call android nsa spy ware

Haven't we all?

Does she have a dick?

cause GNU didn't care about personal computers and only tried to jump into the bandwagon when Linux had ported some of their stuff and was already "successful" (among nerds)

Quick question. Maybe I'm just retarded. Is there a reason people tend to censor LT's name here? or is he just viewed as an obscene POS and thus deserves to be partially censored?

It's mostly just that he's insufferable and annoying.

Soi sucking hipster fags can't tolerate his brutal language without literally shaking. It just makes him even more awesome.

incidentally, that is Susan "Sway" Wayland (b. 1980), the Sway window manager is probably named after her.

Me - I use X11.

i remember jerking off to her pics as a kid

/tv/ told me that lady fucks black guys

/tv/ would know

>u
>oo
>normal

People call Debian Debian,. People call Slackware Slackware. People call Android Android. People generalize them all as Linux because they all are running Linux kernel.

he got unnamed after being sent to SJW reeducation camp

the zoomer fears the boomer

/b/ told me that is a trap.

This.
Not all of them have GNU (and there is no such thing as GNU OS, just some arbitrary number of programs that for some reason justify adding it to the name) but all have Linux.
They are literally Linux distributions, or simply Linux.

bless you

Attached: 376585.jpg (326x312, 42K)

it does to me
"nu" (silent g) sounds like a mispronounced "new" and people will likely think i've just had a stroke (you're using.. a new.. what?)
g'nu sounds like a mispronounced "canoe", probably similar response
G.N.U. is ok, i guess

but fuck all that, linux sounds better than any way to pronounce gnu

Because Linux has a bad stigma attached to it - mainly because of Gahnoo.
Successful Unix or Linux has to distance itself from that shit.
Hence macOS (which is infested with Gahnoo) tries to ignore it, and Android tried to nuke the entire Gahnoo from orbit, since it’s the only way to be sure.

Is this Derbauer's wife?

People like you make me want to switch to alpine linux

hi Fitz

Userland

Derbauer gf is maryfox a lot younger than miss wayland which is more on the 40 year old latex dominatrix lady than 20 year old takes creampies from strangers on nerd boyfriend's couch

I don't know, they look the same to me.

>chink/gook corporations make billions from putting linux kernel in their phones, closing source code and not making any credit
>meanwhile GNU/cucks get $0 for contribution and complain how BSD license is bad

Attached: ec535f97-aa93-421a-ab3e-2e7af4fa9d2f.jpg (590x421, 24K)

I guess that's because the Kernel hast the most interesting story from all the components of a GNU/Linux OS?

But i wonder if it's not just the "marketing" done wrong. If you take Apple for example only a minor part of the users actually makes reference as OS X or even as MacOS. The majority only call macbook (as a whole thing). You won't see anyone calling I'm using Darwin. The product is being sold as a whole.

Maybe the point would be that it's "easier"... no. It's a bit less complex to write a new "gnu" like package for Linux rather then writing new Kernel to GNU. On that the Linux (kernel) is the actual most important thing. Even it's (on user level) useless without GNU.

well both are whores with fake red hair but one is old and famous in SM boomer conventions other is only known because people call her world champion overclocker bf a cuck

>People call GNU Linux.
People calls it linux, noone outside the gnu sect cares about this.
who gives a shit if your linux system uses gnu, just say linux and everyone understands.

> It's a bit less complex to write a new "gnu" like package for Linux rather then writing new Kernel to GNU.

Is it now?

>she

Redox-OS might end up using some GNU libraries. Then again glibc is a mess with junk such as strfry. What were the clowns thinking?

ITT CS students trying to flex freshly acquired knowledge.

Friendly reminder that most Linux distributions are not GNU even if they claim to be. as a GNU distribution you have to limit the ability to install non-free software and failing to do so will result in your distro railing to qualify as a distribution of the GNU operating system

If they would only get hurd going then there would be no reason to call it linux. But debian has a hurd version right? Do people still call it linux?

>But debian has a hurd version right?
Practically useless. Minix3 is working.