Linux is sec-

sudo su

Oh wow, literally anyone can become root WITHOUT A PASSWORD
How will loonix users ever recover?

Attached: 14298849294.jpg (489x415, 42K)

1. Linux is a kernel.
2. It depends on which settings did you provide in sudoers.

the risk of leaking your password by automatically typing it a million times a day of greater than some 1337 hacker script abusing the fact you don't require a password on sudo.

This does requires password though, unless you have fucked up settings

You're a kernel

USERNAME NOT IN SUDOERS FILE. THIS INCIDENT WILL BE REPORTED.

huh?

Attached: 2019-09-04-10:47:17-214x51.png (214x51, 10K)

>tfw no real anime waifu
It hurts.

was this always bluff or was it really being reported?

It goes to root's mailbox

Attached: file.png (695x309, 90K)

>not having Defaults timestamp_timeout=0 in his sudoers

actually it goes to moots (physical) mailbox

If an malicious party gets physical access to your machine while its on, its already over.

I actually frequently use sudo su and have it configured not to ask passwords ...

>waifu

Attached: cute girl with a dick.png (808x802, 159K)

unless you use encryption, if any malicious party gets physical acces to your machine (wether its on or not) its already over

Fell for the bait.

Backpedal

nobody thinks that linux is secure except freefags and windows haters

I assume anyone who cares already has everything encrypted.

Don't forget !tty_tickets on the same line, separating them with a comma. You'll only have to enter your password once per boot.

the point of timestamp_timeout=0 (zero) is to make you always enter the password, unlike the default behavior that once you entered a password the next sudo instance won't ask you for password

Some systems are configured by default to be passwordless; this means not that "anyone" can become root; only the administrative users that are in the wheel group: so admins can become admins?

It should also be noted that on the configurations where sudo is configured to prompt for a password it is almost always configured to prompt for your own password, not the password of the root account; in fact on many such systems the root account has no password and can't be logged into directly: this is of course because it would be problematic if the this password to log in had to be shared amongst many different administrators and only one had to leak it to compromise the system.

Apart from that it really matters very little whether sudo prompts for a password or not: the logic of prompting for a password is that it doesn't allow root logins if an administator leaves a computer open but unattended but the culprit that sees that can just install a keylogger quickly then to obtain the root password so what matters it?

At the end of the day administrators should be responsible enough to not leave their machines unattended because if they do anything can happen if a malicious agent come across it and have his way with it.

who?

>1. Linux is a kernel.
So, an OS.

reuben@system76-pc:~$ sudo su
[sudo] password for reuben:

we are a kernel

It means it's been logged so the root sys admin will see it

thinly veiled tranny thread by discord users with shitty bait

Attached: 1564448015069.jpg (2432x4216, 1.48M)

thiss

I have definitely thought about this but I guess I kinda just ignored the thought. Now that I read it out loud it starts to make sense. Maybe I should set up sudoers.

>sudo su

You retards realize sudo -i is a thing right? Smh.

If you want to talk about insecurity in sudo, consider the fact that use_pty is off by default and an application invoked with sudo can theoretically inject crap into your terminal and run shit as you without use_pty.

oh no, the tranny police is here, what ever shall we do

Attached: smug_astolfo.jpg (620x876, 133K)

How can a boy be girlier than any other girl?

> WITHOUT A PASSWORD

Attached: brainletFlower.jpg (1200x784, 49K)

learn how to set a password faggot

Attached: 1ed919bb6f3ba51f13bb3e66ef4583203de97016c6f9d222ebfc744cf767b539.png (591x706, 279K)

holy based, checkd

Attached: wiener_trap_chika.png (500x563, 92K)

>Run as administrator
>Ok

At least gnoo slash leenux asks for a root password.

>meanwhile, you can launch the partition manager on windows and delete partitions, without any password