Get ips monitor

>get ips monitor
>daily eyestrain all of a sudden
wtf bros

Attached: 0fctUVmv2.png (270x225, 133K)

any monitor will give you severe eye strain if you use it in a dark or overall poorly lit room for too long. I have a small lamp on my desk that sits behind and to the left of my monitor. The lamp has a soft yellow light in it to overall light my area to prevent exactly this.

I just have an issue with my forearms cramping though.

why is this? why does light variance make our eyes shit themselves?

no idea. Probably something to do with too much light from one source (your monitor) and one angle, and not enough from other sources from other angles such as your peripheral vision. That and something that's too stark white, like a webpage with too high of screen brightness, is blinding compared to say, soft yellow light. Like how phones offer "night mode"

Google for circadian rhythm and color temperature

yeah it's a SCAM

IPS makers don't tell you that eyes are non interplane and causes issues

>Fell for the IPS meme

next time check for pwm or non-pwm. also, always use less than 100% monitor brightness, and always use at the very least a very low level of w10 build in night light filter

It's blue light that causes eyestrain

>always use less than 100% monitor brightness
This, fucking this. None of my monitors is above 40% right now.

use flu.x or redshift

Because of pwm

TN chad here can confirm.

Attached: 1559517707168.png (444x560, 79K)

funny way of saying poorfag

Jow Forumsthathappened

you either got a really shitty one that uses pwm for brightness control, or you use it way brighter than you did your tn

Enjoy your shitty LED backlight with shitty PWM brightness adjustment.
Either get rid of that garbage and buy a fine flicker-free display or turn the brightness at 100% and cope with it.

Except not using 100% brightness on PWM displays is exactly what causes eye strain

can confirm when I moved to va after using ips all my life I went from looking like a walking dead extra to male model in the span of like 2 weeks.

Attached: 1515049872681.jpg (500x375, 61K)

use "tomorrow" style, its pretty easy on the eyes

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 9.32.38 pm.png (2560x1440, 411K)

>Not using a custom style
Shiggy.

Attached: 2019-09-04-13:38:17-screenshot.png (1056x1896, 370K)

Way to put in extra effort to make things look worse.

LAWL nigga you got ROCKED in the comments

>not hiring tyrone to fuck his ass
>richfag

install one of those blue light filters. i recommend f.lux

Make your brightness to 100% and contrast to 30%(but not less) also disable all powersaving features in monitor's menu. This may help with eye strain.
It's all about pulsation current and voltage on LED. But this manipulations may cause a damage to monitor if it is very old or noname brand.

*laughs in VA + Low Blue Light masterrace*

The TN version of my monitor cost a mere $25 less than the IPS version lol. High end TN panels still have a lot to offer.

>High end
>TN panels
LMAO pick one

>no eyestrain at all no matter how long I use my laptop (ips), desktop (shitty tn), or phone (amoled). are my eyes already fucked beyond belief?

I'll pick the one that doesn't fuck with your eyes thank you

So, VA?

im in a somewhat dark room all day.
my monitors are at their lowest brightness settings. i have w10 nightlight on to remove blue, because its a bright color. i have a low light Orange bulb inside a tan lamp 4 feet behind me. I have no problems with my eyes. its a calm warm soft light :)

VA panels are pretty nice for general use but I've always noticed ghosting/inverse ghosting whenever something is moving around in a game or just dragging windows around.

hurr durr

If monitor makers got their ass together VA wouldn't have ghosting issues enough to be a nuisance
Poorfag tier VA TVs can sometimes have less ghosting/smear than many "good" VA monitors

Same here. Just got 2 Dell dual and holy fuck
For the past month my eyes are so dry red and parched, they make sound when I blink. Sunlight fluctuates in room throughout day and I spend Hal Fay day trying to adjust monitor brightness / contrast / nearby & overhead lamp setttings. Kill me

I have Apple Thunderbolt Display at work and it hurts my eyes unless I make frequent breaks while I can stare at my TN shit screens at home for hours with no problems. Tried turning down brightness, didn't help at all.

>firefox
>mac
ew

>I spend Hal Fay day trying to adjust monitor brightness / contrast
I solved this problem by making my screens auto-adjust using profiles based on ambient light. Now all my monitors get bright when it's bright and get dim in the dark.
>overhead lamp
These tend to suck ass in a massive fashion in my experience. Use natural light during the day and at night get a warm-colored lamp of appropriate brightness and place it behind your monitors. Indirect light only, you should not see the bulb/light source directly.

As much as I hate Apple I doubt it's the monitor. Your eyes probably hurt because the conditions are shit in the place where you use it.

>As much as I hate Apple I doubt it's the monitor.
Nope, had that problem in two different offices and could use a different display without any eye strain.

Also, trying another display of the same model didn't help. Apple displays are just crap, I guess.

>turn on computer
>feel physically tired after 20 minutes

Your are very small and track across your vision rapidly
They contract parts of the iris (?) to have the right amount of light for a given subject
If they hard around a lot between very bright and very dark, they have to expand and contract the iris (?) a lot
This causes eye strain
(It might not be the iris)

my dude. TN chads unite

> expensive == good
missing some braincells I see
TN is the highest end r

While I know lots of people thing Oled is a meme it has helped me a lot.

The blacks are darker and when I turn down the brightness it actually scales at a linear range.
No light bleed, and with a matte finish no reflections.

Something about the singular CFL backlight array on LCDs is straining.
Plasma was the only thing that gave accurate dark levels but it gives off a shit ton of EMI and RF pollution and also is toxic if broken.

I'm living the memes but it feels good.

This is why I prefer my Macbook over the asus craptop

This place is dead

Turn down the brightness, retard.

>tfw blue light filters on my glasses
lmao faggots
world looks orange and my glasses look blue but i could care less

Glasses are for fags and eyelets.

You likely bought a screen with PWM backlight
It will only get worse

enjoy you're eyestrain
non-nerd

Only eyelets get eye strain. Never procreate, we don't need your genes polluting our gene pool.

>ywn get horible headaches from CRTs any more
why even live?