How to explain 4k to retards/normies...

how to explain 4k to retards/normies? I work in retail in an electronics department and regularly get told my explanation is confusing by normies that are asking what it means

Attached: file.png (300x300, 92K)

>teacher explained
Most teachers can't "explain" for shit.

>Screens are made of little dots called pixels
>4K has lots of little dots
Get a new job

that's how I explain it. I show them a 1080p screen and explain the pixels and then say, so this 4k screen here has 4 times as many. Basically it can show all the detail this full hd screen shows in only a quarter of its screen, and I draw out a quarter of a screen with my fingers

>So, does it have four thousand of these little dots?

Attached: 1517429337730.png (645x729, 74K)

>This 4k screen has 4x as many
Stop there. You really don't need to talk about showing 1080p in a quarter of the screen. If anything, you could say that it can show details that are 4x smaller.

would it help to compare it to going from vhs to dvd back in the day or just say
>4k better

>"The picture is 4 times clearer than the non 4k models"
>Then show them some 4k promo material
>Then have them come back yelling at you because their shitty SD cable box doesn't look the same as the 4k promo material

Attached: It's_All_So_Tiresome[1].png (1022x731, 643K)

>>"The picture is 4 times clearer than the non 4k models"
I like this idea. I might just start using this, then if they ask for more info I can give them more. It's staggering how willfully ignorant of technology normies are

Frankly, if they can't see the difference between 1080p and 2160p with their own eyes, there's actually no reason for them to buy 4k.

No, definitely don't make that comparison. VHS is analogue and DVD is digital.

480p was 640 pixels by 480 pixels
1080p is 1920 pixels by 1080 pixels
4k is 3840 pixels by 2160 pixels.
1080p has 3 times as my horizontal pixels, and 2.25 more vertical pixels than 480p.
4k has twice as many horizontal and vertical pixels as 1080p. You can tell them that it is as big of a resolution jump as standard definition to HD without telling too big of a lie.

That said, if you are actually wanting the best for your customers, there are other things they should focus on, like the refresh rate, the lighting type, quantum dots, etc.

but i couldn't say dvd to blu ray because these fucks don't know what blu ray is either

Which is why you just explain the technology. Lots of little dots, more dots, more details.

>jump as standard definition to HD without telling too big of a lie.
you are really detached from reality if you think this will work

Factually, I'm not wrong. It's just hitting the point of diminished returns.

Attached: diminishing returns.jpg (625x313, 82K)

No if you think a normie will understand what 4k is after telling them it's about the same as the jump from standard to HD

>refresh rate, the lighting type, quantum dots, etc.
that is basically alien jargon to a retard normie, I worked in retail too and when I brang up these terms it literally goes ine one ear and out the other 95% of the time.

all they care about is "bigger screen = good"

>Remember the difference between your old square Tube TV and your HDTV? 4K is like that, only your HDTV is like your old square tube TV.

"but this tv isn't any thinner than my old one"

Attached: file.png (640x400, 34K)

Then sell those people TCL Roku TVs and get them out of your hair. It looks like shit, sounds like shit, and performs horribly, but you're getting a roku and a 4k tv for ~$300.

Having explained TVs to my parents and their friends, all of whom were at least 60 years old, anybody who says this shit is being willfully dense.

yep he's really detached from this world

get out of the basement user

my parents have a 55 inch full hd tv and my dad will yell at my mom if she switches from the SD channel to the HD version because he thinks it makes the people look skinny when it's just that he prefers the 4:3 stretched to fill their 16:9 display.
He also refuses to agree the picture is any clearer at 4k despite being literally unable to read the small text at the bottom of commercials or having the scores cut off in his football games. He's pretty based for sticking to his guns despite being clearly wrong.

clearer at 1080p*
not 4k

Its not "willful ignorance", when it simply does not matter to them. Practical ignorance is more fitting. You wouldnt call your lack of knowledge about 16th century Spanish Demonology willful ignorance
It just doesnt apply because you dont really care

fair, but then why ask the question?

If they're in the store looking for a new TV, and are presented with the various options, it surely makes sense to ask what they do.

Good question. Personally i find small talk comforting when speaking with someone i dont know. I'll ask questions i dont really care to know the answers to just to appear relaxed amd interested in our exchange. Maybe its that or maybe i'm just weird.

Because they don't know what all this shit means, and they are in the market for a new TV. If I were you, I would ask them what is important to them, then show them 3 options that fits what they want.

For example, if they said, cheap, good streaming, and good resolution, you show them a Roku TV. If they say, good colors and bright, show them some Quantum dot screens.

that's not what they asked, they asked me to explain what 4k means

"Better resolution."
>What's that?
"The pictures on the screen looks better."

You're assuming these "people" know what resolution means.

Luckily, you don't have to explain it with words. Go to your display, and have them stand in front of a 4k tv and an HDTV. If they can't tell the difference by looking, say, "It doesn't matter. Most people can't tell the difference."

If you don't have TVs on display in your store, you have no business selling TVs. Even Walmart does this.

We do have TVs on display but most people can only tell the difference in display quality when comparing the stuff that is broadcast to most of the TVs to the ones showing their own built in demos which look way better. I try to point out to them, look at the edges of the Target logo when it comes up. You'll notice the 4k one looks way closer to a circle with no jagged edges but most of them can't tell and say it looks the same. I get the same response with 120 Hz vs 60 Hz - even though all our TVs fake 120 Hz it does still look very obviously smoother but people can't tell on average. Why the fuck do people even want TVs, watching TVs and movies is awful

For most people
>You know how TVs used to look worse but now they look better? 4K is another degree of higher quality like that was, just not as obviously so because the technology's better than it used to be.

If they want more detail
>Most TVs you see these days have a "resolution" of 1920x1080, which means the picture is 1920 "pixels" wide and 1080 pixels tall. For reference, older TVs often had a resolution such as 640x480, which means most TVs you see today are almost 7x higher quality! And 4K refers to a resolution of 3840x2160, which essentially means quadruple the quality of today's TVs!

Maybe people won't know what resolutions and pixels are but I'm sure you can carry yourself through those

Not who you were responding to, but there is nothing I find more stupid than people pretending to be ignorant boomers online. Mostly because they take the absolute dumbest person they can imagine, and then also imagine that he's missing two of his senses. If I'm able to explain what the internet is to my 92 year old grandmother in a way that she understands, you should be able to explain the difference between 4k and 1080p pretty easily.

I mean, tell me what mother fucker won't understand that, no matter what their size, 4k TVs have 8,294,400 dots making a picture, and that 1080p has 2,073,600 dots making a picture? What person doesn't understand "dots" and "picture?"

t. never dealt with the public

I have dealt with the public. I worked in retail for a decade of my life. You are just doing EXACTLY what I said you do: treat the average boomer like the dumbest retard you know, only with 2 of their 5 senses missing.

You would have fun talking to my mother. And by 'fun' I mean you will want to kill yourself.

because I'm tired of that being the reality so I was asking for a more retard-proof way of explaining it. I think is my best bet. Thanks for not helping though.

Show me one instant of anything you can find online where a native english speaker doesn't understand the word "dot" or "picture."

>Thanks for not helping.
Not my fault that you don't have any confidence in yourself or your customers beyond the first 6 words of an interaction you have.

People honestly understand pixels more easily if you use >pic related as reference, or how older video games have that "blocky" look (pixels), and how modern screens just have lots of tiny ones of those dots etc etc

Attached: F578DF27-0B5F-4F08-A3B5-E2E411C971DE.jpg (1600x1223, 261K)

In the past week I've had 3 people not understand and even go as far as to tell me I was confusing them when I explained to them that the screen was made of little dots of colors called pixels and that 4k had 4 times as many as the FullHD screen I was using to explain the dots.

Maybe I'm just autistic but I am already dumbing it down as much as I can while still at least sort of trying to explain it correctly

1080p is like bread
the flour is aerated
4k is like short bread
its denser, but if you zoom in, it sort of looks like bread

most teachers can't even teach anything

No, when you're willing to drop a grand on a new TV but can't take five minutes to read up on the most important aspect of a display (its resolution) that is absolutely willful ignorance. Stop making excuses for consumers being lazy retards

Just be honest and say that if you don't look at the screen from less than 1.5m distance, there is almost no difference whatsoever

"This TV has 8,294,400 dots making a picture. If you look really, really close, and have decent eyesight, you can see these dots. Meanwhile, this other TV has 2,073,600 dots making a picture. These dots are easier to see, but you still need to look very closely."

You don't need to define pixels. KISS method. "Keep It Simple, Stupid."

Get a magnifying glass and show them a 1920x1080 display under one and see if they can discern the pixels. Then do it with a 4K panel.

kek that might be kind of fun, I like this

You must be blessed to have never met them, but there are people simply not willing to understand or learn anything '
new. It doesn't matter how you try to explain something, they won't understand. Because they don't actually WANT to understand.

The thing is that if the perceived difference would be obvious, they would just ask for the tv with 'clearer image'. Since the difference is actually very subtle and for most people unnecessary, it is quite irrelevant what the resolution is if it isn't below 720p.

Dima don't understand this post, explain plz.

Tell them there is 4000 little dots, thats why it's called 4k, it will be enough for them

What's difficult to understand about this?
I hate people so much.

Uh just tell them the picture is clearer

They'll understand that and if they don't they aren't gonna buy it anyway because they're too stupid to have any money

>I work in retail in an electronics department
yikes

Up to four times the picture quality of competing fullhd products

Unless the customer knows his shit:
>It looks better
>*shows side by side*

Well?

>VHS is analogue and DVD is digital.
How is this relevant? Because the medium is analogue it doesn't mean the image doesn't have a resolution in pixels just like any video.

>if she switches from the SD channel to the HD version because he thinks it makes the people look skinny when it's just that he prefers the 4:3 stretched to fill their 16:9 display.
I hate this kind of people so fucking much, I have even seen some of this retards in tech forums, believe it or not.

It's a lot of pixels.

"yes"
boom OP, you're salesman of the year

>working in retail
That's sad.

You guys are thinking about this all wrong. Explaining 4k in any way, shape, or form is lost on the average Joe.
Just say:
>It's rly gud.
And move on.

What's there to explain? It's just the notation for pixel width of a screen. What you should be explaining is refresh frequency, input ports, screen type and botnet features

>it costs more thus it's better
>it's probably too advanced for you
>better buy something cheaper & more reliable
this is how you sell trash to dumb people

> Most teachers can't "explain" for shit.

Wrong. Most people are just fucking idiots.

I often get feedback from my students that I can explain stuff very well. Little do they know that I always assume everybody is a fucking retard and then adjust my explanation accordingly. Works like a charm.

t. teacher

Attached: Junko you are a faggot.gif (600x350, 1.07M)

Just tell them it has more pixels, thus has a sharper, better picture. If they ask further, tell them it has four times the pixels compared to 1080p. That should be sufficient.

Attached: consider the following.jpg (600x600, 48K)

>He's pretty based for sticking to his guns despite being clearly wrong.

That's not based, that's about as retarded as it can get.

television basically produced an entire generation of people who are incapable of abstracting the content displayed on a screen. they cannot understand that a tv is not a magic window into another reality, its just a bunch of pixels

i remember when HD was starting to enter the market and even though it is so simple, boomers were incapable of understanding it. they thought it was a scam. they bought expensive HDTVs to display SD content. they bought blu ray players for their crt. it was mind boggling

its why they hated computers and thought they were useless until fisher-price electronics and 'the cloud' became the norm, because they cannot understand content displayed on a screen that is not being broadcasted to them by a central authority. they do not understand that its just a microprocessor creating pixels or just an NTSC signal. they have been brainwashed to see the screen as a window to another reality, not just a machine going about its design

Maybe they can understand fine and your explanations just make them ignore you.

i have willfully made the choice to stick with 1080p60 even though they are better options available because of practical ignorance. i know there are better options but i don't really see the cost to gaining those options to really be worth it. But i also see them as being potentially better options

but when its something like switching between SD and HD channels, where the cost is LITERALLY NOTHING beyond simple configuration, it blows my fucking mind when people use that preference as a means of control in their life like that.

i mean, you could grow some balls and admit that you're wrong, and then reap the benefits of not only knowing that you learned something new but applying it for your own benefit. or you could just dig your heels in the sand because the most important thing is being right, not being correct

>willful ignorance is retarded
>downplaying the practical and societal importance of being a stubborn retard
Thoroughly unbased and not redpilled

that would be 4X, what do you mean for 4k

you clearly weren't around then

>its 1280x720 pixels instead of 720x480
what does that mean?
>there is more detail to the image
so i can watch HD movies on my tube tv?
>no you need an HDTV to see the extra pixels
why can't i watch blu rays on my tube TV?
>you can but it would be the same as a dvd
so whats the difference between a dvd and a blu ray?
>the resolution
what does that mean
>the amount of pixels. blu ray has more pixels
so why can't i see the extra detail on my tube tv?
>the detail is counted in pixels. a tube tv doesnt have as many pixels as an hdtv
but if its more detailed, why can't i see the detail on my old tv?

Go to your boss and ask what are good televisions to sell. pick one for each supposed quality "best picture", "most features", "cheap but works" etc.

Always talk to person of authority if they come in groups. For instance married elder couple. Talk to the man if you are male yourself.
If for instance he asks "what is 4k?", answer something along this "As you know, picture comes from television station and this signal is received by television. This typical model can receive best quality signal and draw it most accurately in todays technological standards."

If elderly lady asks something, wait for her man to address her first etc.
Use your hands to communicate gestures while speaking.

I was top seller in electronic department.

This sounds racist and extremely anti-Semitic, please delete your post immediately

for old women
>the display resolution is like sheerness in material
>you can do finer, smaller details on higher resolution/higher sheerness

>normies

So you're just as retarded as your dad. Got it.

What documentary is this?

show them a chart displaying the difference in resolution such as pic related.
Use something like this as a reference and make your own in gimp.

Attached: resolution.jpg (1280x720, 167K)

user factually confirmed retarded forever for all time.

Aside from gaymers, there is no reason to buy 4k.

You have been visited by the Laura of Horrible Cereal Noises.

YOU HAVE TO B-BUMP THE THREAD! It's c-coming, don't you understand?! It's c-coming! And if you haven't b-bumped the thread by the time it gets here, the thread is going to D-DIE!

Attached: 1543502317461.jpg (571x430, 68K)