Pc vs console, pros of each

Argument for Console:

- Highly optimized games from most devs.

-intuitive gaming machine. Put the disc in, and the performance specs are predefined. No .ini tweaking, updates are auto, no performance tweaking.

-Preowned sales model.

- Keyboard support for MMOs like FFXIV.

- Relatively more active multiplayer pools. Little or zero cheating for online multiplayer, as opposed to PC Overwatch, which suffer from cheaters who are able to bypass hardware bans from cafes.

- First party titles from organizations (Initiative for Common Engine) that trailblaze gaming technology to be pushed to its limits, as opposed to using the biggest GPU on the market to brute force high fidelity.

- Less maintenance.

- Technical Requirement Checklists are done to ensure application integrity before they are allowed to go on the console market.

- exclusive, physical disk options, collect ability, buying of a brand, cost effective,

-next gen consoles around the corner, so can now game 1080p @60fps, and 4k@30-60 fps

Pros of PC:
- 10 extra frame rates

Attached: images.jpg (444x690, 25K)

You can do actually productive things on your PC, not just faggy children's video games.

honestly the longer i own my gaming pc. the more im starting to see its better for other tasks than actual gaming. its 2019 and steam still has wonky controller support.

Sorry, I should have said gaming PC.

You do realise that all console gamers own cheap PC right

low effort bait goes in all fields

Fuck off back to /v/. Video gaymes are for children

Also, please give me a list of productive things I can do on a gaming PC that I can't do on a cheap 300 dollar non ganing PC?

>10
10-210 more with up to 240hz monitors
Be fair and name some advantages of PC rather than being a shill,you can prefer console and not be a shill about it (gamed on console for most of my life only recently switching)

-Keyboard and mouse support for almost all games

-way more options for controllers

-free online

-more overall games

-mods,which can add tons of extra content to your favorite games

-cheaper games

Id name more but i made my point.

edit video
CAD designing
3d rendering

if you think a console is better than a PC you're a gigantic faggot who doesn't know how to pirate video games or code things for yourself

>-next gen consoles around the corner, so can now game 1080p @60fps, and 4k@30-60 fps
Not going to happen on a fucking console, and this is why:
>First party titles [...] pushed to its limits
Console developers/publishers would rather have their games look flashy than run at 60fps, and console gamers eat their cinematic 24fps dicks raw.
Why increase framerate when you can cram more bells and whistles into your product designed for hardware that's only just barely capable of limping through running it?

Keyboard and mouse not even designed for gaming

Console online membership give a lot of free games, some are good, plus PC have a lot of membership costs anyway such as for origin

More overall crap games, consoles get the triple a exclusives

Mods are cheap, shit, and just mean more people can hack and ruin my online game. Just for some fan made GTA hulk mod, I'll pass

Games aren't cheaper, steam hardly drop their prices. A physical copy drops in half after two months, plus its a resellable asset

Actual Pros of PC:
> Brutally higher performance ceiling, you can play at 4k 240Hz if you want and can afford it
> You can customize your hardware to your needs
> You don't need a separate device for work - your workstation and gaming station can be the same, this means you're not spending thousands on something just to play games
> Can re-use already existing hardware
> Can replace a single dead component or replace a single outdated component
> Can use Linux
> Massively larger game pool
> Massively lot more hardware options, including peripherals. You can use a fucking ergodox keyboard if you want
> You can acquire games from any number of source, including DRM-free or even something your friend made, compared to the single DRM-full game store your console has
That last one, check out itch.io. It's a game store with a libertarian approach to content. I've been playing free/2€ Unity stuff that's usually pretty good.

True, maybe first party titles will stay at 30fps, depends on the game

I have no need to do any of those things you listed. I don't work in IT, I'm a lawyer so a basic low end PC is good enough

>Keyboard and mouse not even designed for gaming
Is this a joke? Every single record for FPS accuracy has been broken with a mouse and keyboard. Explain how a peripheral that makes you better at a game isn't suited for it.
>plus PC have a lot of membership costs anyway such as for origin
I'm not forced to use those (and I don't)
>More overall crap games
Opinion.
>Mods are cheap
Uh, good?
>shit
Opinion (and blatantly false).
>Games aren't cheaper
Objectively false.

No one cares about your use case. You asked about things you could do on a gaming PC and not a cheap one, you got a perfectly valid answer. If your 300$ PC lets you do your spreadshits, keep at it.

Then its ironic that kb and m destroys controller in multiple genres

member ships are almosy always optional,its about options.

Mods are 99% for singleplayer games only,it doesnt affect me that someone wants to be some anime character in the witcher or darksouls.

More games means more originality,genres that arent even on consoles like strategy games (one of my freinds doesnt even touch his ps4 cause how much he like strategy games like crusader kings 2)

False,they always become really cheap after like a month and steam sales are so common.

>Mods are cheap, shit, and just mean more people can hack and ruin my online game. Just for some fan made GTA hulk mod, I'll pass

You weren't around for HL/HL2 or the first battlefields I guess.

4k at 240 fps doesn't exist, lmao. Not even two rtx2080si cards can reach that

Most people still have to buy a laptop on top of a gaming PC so that argument falls over.

Yeah, re-use existing presumably obsolete hardware

Replacing parts constantly is costly, even if it means better performance

What's Linux

Large game pool of crap low budget games

Who requires an ergobox keyboard anyway

Okay I'll give you that one, acquiring games is easy on gaming PC.

Thanks for your response

My case is relevant because I am the average person- meaning the average person has no use for those functions you listed.

Most people are not some niche computer programmer or something.

I wasn't, elaborate...

no they don't lol. a lot of them can't even afford the online subscription

the online subscription being the thing that makes buying a console a complete sucker's move anyways. after the cost of the console and a year of ps+ or XBL you could have just bought a budget gaming computer. consoles are for people who just don't want to spend any effort on it or for people who have poor frontal lobe development

bait

you're trying to use logic in an entirely emotional debate. if you look at it rationally theres no contest at all in any category, but that doesn't stop people from falling for marketing, the tyrrany of convenience, and the fallacy that 'if other people are doing it, its not retarded'

There were tons of high-quality total conversion mods for those games. Stuff like Counter Strike, Empires, Team Fortress, Desert Combat, Eve of Destruction etc.

kB and mouse are objectively not suited for gaming. Just look at the ergonomics of it. The only reason it's used or was used is because gaming originated in PC at a time where consoles and hence controllers were not even a thing.
Controllers were designed for gaming, mouse's simply to click things.

Okay, I'll give ya that, strategy game fans should buy a gaming PC... unfortunately consoles lack this genre for the most part.

Seriously, name me some actual good mods, not some meme mod you get over after one hour

4k 240 can exist,just not at max settings

You dont have to buy a laptop,its just a preference

You can use some older hardware,just dont expect top of the line performance.

Then filter games by ratings

No one but people like it also mouses are like 10x more important to pc gamers than keyboards

And linux is an alternative operating system.

I see

computers are tools. consoles are toys. if you legitimately cannot think of a use for a computer over a video game console that someone would find useful enough to warrant buying one - then you are pretty much just trying to justify your own actions by convincing other people to do what you did

Its less ergonomic but it preforms better

And team fortress.
It even got a sequal that was a full game thats still played and updated to this day (team fortress 2 tecnically got a console port but it was unable to be updated after 2008 cause of console restrictions on giving free content at the time)

Let me make myself clear. I'm comparing a GAMING PC to a console, not a laptop or ordinary pc.

Obviously any PC is more useful then a console, it goes without saying

Of course I own a PC and I need a PC, but I don't see the overwhelming benefit of forking out grands for a PC that can actually game

they allow for greater precision. some games are better suited for the precision, some are better suited for the analog inputs on a controller. it just depends, man. everyone with a pc has a controller

also garry's mod. the entire STALKER mod community (lost alpha, coc, misery, etc), custom maps in literally any game. i pretty much only play mods of games or unofficial content, so its not like its a useless gimmick

>Keyboard and mouse not even designed for gaming
And this thread's over. Either you're a literal retard or a troll.

you don't need to fork out anything more than what a graphics card costs to game. so like, $180. its not rocket science its plugging an expansion card into your pc and installing a driver off a website

But what's the point?
Such a PC would be considerably worse in performance than a ps4 nevermind a ps5

A graphics card thats 180 and put it into a normal computer would be ps4pro-xboxone x level if you know what to look for in a card.

Jow Forums - gaming

You clearly don't know the history of computers. The keyboard and mouse were built at a time where gaming didn't exist, so how the fuck could the designers of kB and mouse have had this in mind?

Not rocket science, the keyboard was designed to be a next generation type writer, nothing to do with gaming.

The mouse was designed to simply click icons on a screen.

It's a chicken and egg fallacy

That PC also does things other than llay videogamed you stupid gaymer.

More modern designs where modified for gaming in mind (mainly with better sensors and a more gaming orientated shape)

See

True, but ultimately, you are still using tools not originally designed for gaming

But if it works well,it works well.

Why hasn't this thread been moved to /v/ yet?

you can still use a "gaming pc" for anything else a normal pc does
what the fuck makes you think someone will build a pc for gaming and still EXCLUSIVELY use it for gaming? It can browse the web or work just fine and so it will also be used for that you retard
thats like taking a low end sports car and only considering its track performance while disregarding its daily driveability

>Most people blah blah
I don't give a shit what some facebook mom does. Your argumentum ad populum is irrelevant.
>My case is relevant because I am the average person
You're not the ambassador for PC gaming, the PC market doesn't suffer because of you. You're no one.
>Yeah, re-use existing presumably obsolete hardware
If you don't want to, buy new one. You'd buy a new console anyway. Here you have a choice.
>Replacing parts constantly is costly
Then re-use previous hardware. Are you going to continue this circle of tears of "reee new hardware is expensive reee old hardware is obsolete"?
>What's Linux
The best and most used kernel in the world.
>Large game pool of crap low budget games
And of good games. You can't measure their quality because you don't play them. For example, I've played an immersive walking simulator based on lighting and shadow recently which I got for 2€ that a guy made in Unity, it's unlike anything you've ever played and you'll never have anything even remotely close on your consoles. It's not just being better or worse, it's fundamentally different.
>Who requires an ergobox keyboard anyway
No one. Neither does anyone require a console, a PC or even gaming. Bringing up need vs want makes you sound desperate.

>kB and mouse are objectively not suited for gaming
I will take on, in any FPS of your choice, with my mouse and keyboard, the very best console FPS player in the world using a controller, and I will win. If I lose, I'll donate 1k$ to a charity of your choice. If I win, you have to sell your consoles and donate the money to a charity of my choice.
>Controllers were designed for gaming
Mice were made for aiming at things. That's always been their purpose: precision aiming. Guess what the fuck you do in games: you aim at things.
You're objectively, factually wrong.

>Seriously, name me some actual good mods
Falksaar.

>The best and most used kernel in the world.
No, XNU is the best.

Yeah, tell me more about those 5 hardware configurations it can run on.

Why would that matter?

first person shooters were designed for use with a mouse and keyboard though

>muh original design
No one gives a shit, there's absolutely no objective advantage to that. Computers were originally used for telephone centers, now you're using one to post on an imageboard and another to play videogames - oh no user, better stop that adaptation right now or the historical usage boogeyman is going to fuck your ass.

>pro
you have a pc

>con
you have a console

if you need to be told why pc are better and a comparison is unfair then you're a dumb nigger

Attached: nr5withchicken.png (127x156, 26K)