How do I ace OOP interviews?

How do I ace OOP interviews?
I only know how to code in C, but I want to pass an OOP interview in python.
Where should I start?

Attached: oop-696x463.jpg (696x463, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

refactoring.guru/design-patterns
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>OOP
>python

def no(self):
pass

>POO

Instead of functions just use all methods.
Instead of data and functions being separate you always combine them for some reason.
Write a bunch of boilerplate and make use of the implicit state that gets passed around in a class
Make even more state implicit by using inheritance to essentially decorate every class with a bunch of unknown methods and attributes.

Congrats you're an OOP man. If you want to go even further talk about "design patterns" like singleton and other shit invented to overcome OOP's limitations.

make sure to nail pic related facial expression, job guaranteed
show of your pos qualities by making a face like you have a pole in your ass, u got this bro

Attached: mast002.jpg (354x480, 60K)

> knows a non oop language
> wants to learn another non oop language

Why cant I just write fucking code
T. Bash addict

Because when your code get big, you will regret it for not having a solid base.
But that shit will NOT give you a solid base.

>design patterns like singleton
Singleton is an antipattern. You'd know that if you weren't an autist who wants to shit on popular things, but doesn't know them well enough to not make himself look like a retard.

>t. doesn't understand OOP

>"design patterns" like singleton and other shit invented to overcome OOP's limitations
Singleton? More like simpleton!

Attached: 1449264078373.png (1500x1292, 326K)

He's not saying how to OOP, he's saying how to get an OOP job.
How to make the retarded "start up hipsters" gobble you up.

wow this means some languages have an antipattern as an element of the language
too deep for me

leave Jow Forums because it's a shithole full of elitist retards and interns

retarded faggots ITT will try to convince you that python is not OOP, according to their java/C#-contaminated brain - just ignore them; being a fungible cog and writing software in those languages can do this kind of damage to your brain.

What you should do is - learn OOP. Pick up any of those "Python for codelets" "Python in 10 minutes" books, and read it. If you *actually* know C you should be able to blow through in a couple of hours.

When you're done - go get one of those "object oriented design patterns" books full of buzzwords. This is the nastiest part - these list all of the dirty tricks that the OfficialDesignatedPajeetManagers in BigNameCorps have written throughout the years. Learn *all* of the ones that get mentioned on the first page of the google search for the "design patterns" keyword, which should be, like, 5-8. You don't really need to know everything - just what limitation does the pattern X overcome, and a rough sketch of all the objects you need to implement.

All of the above takes you 1-2 days of learning. 'grats, now you're an OOP expert ready for the field.

how do those buzzwords make any sense?
Seems too abstract to me am I a brainlet?

refactoring.guru/design-patterns

This *is* because they're mostly abstract. The reason they're there is because people tried to use java-style OOP in *HUGE* projects. And, since java-style OOP scales like shit its own native object model stopped being enough. Which is why people shat out a huge mess of "contraptions" which mimic some of the better languages' features, called them "design patterns" and used a lot of big words to describe what they do.

And so people started using these as the building blocks for their new projects, often without knowing wtf is even going on under the hood.

Short answer - learn 'em by heart, at least for the interview; use Anki cards or something. That's how the """software engineers""" speak nowadays. Ask here if there's something really tough you've seen out there.

this is why you're unemployed

The scrum goblins will get you.

Python doesnt have interfaces or abstract classes and you're trying to justify it. No abstraction, no encapsulation, no inheritance, and no polymorphism. Javascript has better shoehorned oop. I dont get why a scripting language even needs oop. Its not capable of large scale projects. C is very different mindset. If it was c++ there would be no question

I'm pretty sure for the most part it's languages that have features that mimic those design patterns, not the other way around.