300Hz Laptop screen

>Asus announces Zephyrus "gaming" laptop
>17.3" screen running at 300Hz

rog.asus.com/articles/g-series-gaming-laptops/rog-reveals-the-first-300hz-gaming-laptops-at-ifa-berlin-2019/

Attached: 1549740890242.jpg (1200x800, 197K)

The human eye cannot see more than 24 fps

Ok now this is epic

is it reddit's "beating a dead meme" hour?

>spacebar
dropped

hahah funny console peasant haha

Attached: gmrww8q64syz.png (645x729, 70K)

I can barely tell the difference between 60fps and 144fps. Fuck 300hz and all the unnecessary strain and heat that will put on the system.

>60fps and 144fps
fps and refresh rate are two ENTIRELY different things
I refuse to believe you cant tell the difference between 60Hz and 144Hz
in fact, I dont believe you cant see the difference between 60fps and 144fps either
its quite stark

>console
>24 fps
LMAO only in a fucking dreams

The fuck does this empty space with grills even made for besides displaying that gay-ass logo?
Speakers?
Ventilation?

Attached: IMG_20190904_225146.jpg (1200x800, 210K)

Thats where you are wrong buddy

>Speakers?
>Ventilation?
yes

he's memeing you retard

Maybe for you. I only see the difference if I am in VR, on the other hand I listened to Jow Forums about not being able to see the difference of 4k and that bullshit chart that keeps getting posted so I never even saw the glory of 4k until last year sometime. Had to go buy a TV right away. I always did have a fine eye for detail. To each one's own, I'll happily game at 30fps at 4k than 144fps 1080p

there is literally a giant heatsink in that area

It's easier to import, edit and upload a picture from paint along with a dumb question instead of googling. Fucking zoomers.

this is why you get a 4k monitor for 1440p 60fps in most modern games, but with the ability to play in 4k sometimes too, including practically all older games.

mainly for new college fags who are too stupid to get a decent desktop.

the usecases are different you retard.

>he's memeing you retard
he's memeing you retard

Not him and I can tell the difference between 60 and 120 easy ... but given the downsides on a mobile system, I just don't see the point. Even with the perfect software support, you consume way more power just to render basic 2D shit (even on phones with 90hz, the difference is 30%), and WAAAAY more for 3D content … it's irrelevant on a desktop but something that's supposed to be mobile just doesn't have the power budget for it in 3D.

Unlike high resolution, higher refresh isn't someone hard to live without too. Seems like another meme now that CPU clocks stagnated and they can't throw larger numbers at normies.

the thing with gaming laptops is, even if they use desktop cpu and gpu, that they have absolute dogshit thermals and that will lower performance and increase noise to the point it becomes unbearable

bought one once - never again

Just put on your gaymer RGB headset with cool logos!