Mozilla will not block adblocking and is splitting from google

bleepingcomputer.com/news/software/mozilla-will-support-existing-ad-blockers-in-extensions-manifest-v3/

>Mozilla will not block adblocking and is splitting from google

APOLOGIZE

Attached: 1200px-Firefox_Logo,_2017.svg.png (1200x1200, 254K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2017/12/18/mozilla_mr_robot_firefox_promotion/
jeffersonscher.com/gm/search-bar-names.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm sorry uwu

Based tech trannies

Well, it's not a Chrome based engine like Microsoft Edge, Brave, etc. so they've already split a lot. Props to the Mozilla project, even if they have an SJW history I will still support their browser.

Reminder that Firefox is written by a cooperation and not some virtuous charity.

Firefox uses ads in browser. It's in their best interest to make it so the user sees fewer ads. Fewer ads means the slots in browser stand out and are more expensive.

>Chrome based engine
It's Chromium, not Chrome

GNU/Chromium

what does GNU project have to do with Chromium?

>We have no immediate plans to removeblocking webRequest
>We would love to save it, but we don't have the person-power to support it, because 90% of our staff are trannies on infinite strike against *rump
heard that one before, as soon as google starts breaking stuff in the new standard, it's dead.

Based

Attached: 1560515038040.jpg (708x1001, 46K)

Sounds good to me.

Attached: nope not changing my browser.jpg (267x292, 10K)

I love summer.

>Firefox uses ads in browser.
It does? Where?

too bad its over

Based

Have you seen the new tab screen?
>inb4 but I removed it

??????????????????

Attached: Untitled.jpg (963x1043, 47K)

Why do you have to be so predictable user? Try again, this time with the actual default install.

WTF I love trannies now!

I honestly don't remember new tabs having ads, or changing any setting to get rid of them,. Whatever it was, it must have been dick fucking easy.

It is was dick fucking easy, then what's the big deal?

who needs ads to track you when the browser does it all by itself

Attached: firefox fresh install.jpg (914x724, 467K)

>neuter the whole addon system for "compatibility" with other browsers against the whole developer and user base
>compatibly was never achieved, even on a minimal things
>gets back stabbed once the idiots find out that all of that was just a plot to brek the user base and that they fell for it like the stupid tranny cucks they are
>proceed to post damage control blog post after damage control blog post for years trying to undo the public negativity around the mozilla "brand"
too late, faggots, like google did to you, you are now unable to change the shit you got yourself into, good luck going down the drain with your political/social-propaganda shit.

Lol this level of cope. See

Attached: Redesigned_New_Tab_Page_Mozilla_Firefox.png (597x423, 49K)

Oh, THAT? Bud, that's right in the options. You can disable that. It's clearly presented.

>Changing the goalposts
I showed there's ads. How many people do you think disable those? Curious what you think of this. theregister.co.uk/2017/12/18/mozilla_mr_robot_firefox_promotion/

>I showed there's ads.
O...kay? That's what I asked you to do. That's why I asked where they were.

>"We have no immediate plans to removeblocking webRequestand are working with add-on developers to gain a better understanding of how they use the APIs in question to help determine how to best support them."
We'll just drop support later and claim that we've found a solution for extension developers by introducing the changes that the Goolag made in Chromosomedefect.
t. pessimistic translator

Look at link. That's an ad that isn't easy to disable and it actually modifies webpages. Calling it an extension isn't quite right since it was installed through Firefox's "experiments". The feature that's enabled by default and gets reenabled for you.

explain yourself I never had any add either

Attached: 1487953501177.png (500x500, 125K)

Basically Pocket. See

first i've heard of it. never saw it.

I got the ad. Never used Firefox since

Are you so mad because your shitty browser is going to thwart ad blocking in Chrome?

No, chrome is irrelevant

>using memefox

>Firefox no longer loads userChrome.css or userContent.css by default improving start-up performance. Users who wish to customize Firefox by using these files can set the toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets preference to true to restore this ability.

Attached: 1518597938267.png (574x600, 454K)

Right. Safari is shit

>google

All browsers are shit

That's why I use wget user

Is Chrome actually going to go through with dropping adblocker support? I still find it difficult to believe, everyone who is not a boomer will stop using it the second they do that.

Why can't someone just make a nice simple browser that doesn't track you? Literally all browsers are crap.

They are too up their own asses

But Mozilla originally went with the webextension api so addons would be compatible with chrome and firefox.

It may surprise you to learn this but most people who use a computer do not realize browser extensions much less adblockers even exist. Most people don't even know what a web browser is. They might say something vague like "Google" at best. If they have any browser extensions 9/10 it will be some spyware shit and/or a coupon extension for Amazon. People don't know or care.

Mozilla used Chromium's extension framework as a model because it already had all of the things they wanted and Mozilla didn't see a purpose in recreating it just to be unique. The fact that it also had a bunch of preexisting extensions was a huge bonus but not the only reason. Mozilla wants there to be cross-browser compatibility but they're not going to put security or privacy at stake for it. They also have deliberately gone against compliance tests when they featured non-standard functionality.

>MUH SJWS
Why do you retards always bring this shit up? Google is as SJW as Mozilla or even worse.

Rendering engines. I think embedding gecko may be quite hard as well. Wait until servo reaches maturity, people will probably start working with that, I know I will

All of the major players in the technology sector are SJW. Mozilla just gets singled out for some reason.

>praising company for doing the bare minimum common sense
yikes

I was using this:
jeffersonscher.com/gm/search-bar-names.html
to change my search bar to the right example, but it's reverted back to the left example with the firefox update. I have toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets set to true and all my other userChrome.css stuff is working properly.

me dumb forgot image

Attached: 646543.png (590x250, 23K)

Hold up, chrome is removing adblockers?
Pfffffftahahahaha

kek

CHROMEDRONES ON SUICIDE WATCH

ONLY FIREFOX SOLDIERS ON

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x706, 110K)

ONLY FIREFOX SOLDIERS ON

Attached: chrome-vs-firefox.jpg (1000x659, 147K)

It's a not for profit organization. That makes it somewhat virtuous.

>I refuse to let anyone track me!
Shortly followed by
>Why do products I use keep removing the parts that I like?

based chad women

Jow Forums gets confused about how Mozilla works.

There's a for-profit Corporation that handles deals with outside organizations and businesses and also employs full time developers to maintain Firefox. The Mozilla Corporation does not have shareholders, its wholly owned subsidiary of the non-profit Mozilla Foundation. All profits the Corporation make are given to the Foundation which are then reinvested into projects and programs. The entire thing is run as a non-profit.