Is a 6" screen with 720p that bad?

Most reviewers I watched said that this is unacceptable since it is 2019. But I was wondering if it is really that bad.

Pic of the phone (Xiaomi Mi A3).

Attached: 41kBtX8-WBL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 18K)

I'm looking to buy a Samsung A10s which is a HD+ 6.2 inch. Who gives a shit?

>I didn't want those sour grapes anyways

Attached: 1523946265916.png (645x729, 42K)

No, what I meant is that it doesn't matter. The Mi A3 falls into a range full of FHD phones, and it excels at other things besides the screen.

I have both Redmi 7 and Redmi Note 7. Can't see any difference in resolution.

I haven't owned a phone with less than a 1440p screen since 2015. Stop being poor.

Cool.

Yes it is VERY bad. It was a low-end to mid-low range phone thing in 2016 already. For 5" or smaller. And we're talking 6" here.
Frankly speaking, those specs are fucked up:
>octacore 2GHz
>4-6GB RAM
>64-128GB internal storage
>.......720p 6" screen
What the actual fuck?

see
all you've done is repeat over and over "yeah it's totally good enough I don't want better anyways", literally sour grapes

Well I guess I'll have to wait another whole year, or look up some Android One Nokia phones.

5.5in 720p here, for the most part its usually fine but you can notice it when watching videos or looking at small icons with rounded corners (like in the notification bar).

I had a 1280x800 7" tablet back in 2012 and it seemed fine. If you want functionality and not beautiful visuals I don't see the problem.

720p is usable but honestly 1080p is better
I used a moto e4 plus for over a year and it was perfectly usable as a phone, but anything beyond light media consumption was poor (music fine, video not so much)
Still a pretty nifty phone for sub $200 new

Beautiful Wojak, love it

This. It's not even a question of whether 720p on a 6inch screen is good enough or not, it's just that a 720p screen on that phone makes no sense at all to begin with. If you were getting a low end device for $50 that came with 2GB memory and 16GB internal storage, sure, 720p is fine. On those mid-high end specs? Fucking hell, no.
Xiaomi dropped the ball on the A3. I'd pick the A2 any day, it's much cheaper and the hardware is similar.

>A2
You could do much better on that price range, only the A1 was decent, it's been a steep downhill since

you could see the pixels, 1080p is perfect for phone sizes

As a whole package it's not THAT bad. But you'll be able to see the pixels, especially since it's OLED and probably has pentile subpixel matrix.

Fun fact, you can get the Mi Mix 2 for the same price in my country and the Mi 9T for 50 euros more. So, unless you really want stock Android, you have much better options in that budget.

>it's OLED
Then I would not recommend it. OLED's durability is shit.

Don't buy Chinese shit

768p is fine for a 10" laptop, but not for a 6" phone?

It's fine. 1080p is better but uses more battery, although the A2 Lite handles it like a champ. If I was buying today I'd go for the A3 for that OLED screen and USB type C.

767p is never fine, its nigger tier

t. runs his 1440p samshit in 720p mode to save battery

768p is actual aids.
That being said, 720p is usable on a phone, but 1080p is now standard starting at around 125€ and looks substantially better. Also, battery shouldn't be an issue. Are you seriously implying 4000mAh isn't enough for a full day on a 1080p phone?

Attached: 1464901873593.jpg (640x616, 96K)

Reviewers are just shills. 720p on 6" is damn fine and saves you battery life. Just because more is technically possible in >current year doesn't mean it makes any sense.

Besides it's funny how the same people often consider trash like 1080p acceptable on laptops.

It's about 2x as dense as 24" 1080p, which is about where your eyes stop resolving smaller individual details at around 1.5ft or something. But you need 10x the density until you stop noticing aliases edges completely. 4k at 6" is probably a good "close enough" to meet that 10x goal

IF you hold the phone next to your nose looking for pixels. In normal use, it's a non issue.

The package sans the screen is great. It doesn't really matter unless you view the screen from up-close. I agree with anons saying that it's unacceptable at that price, but whatever.

you can have 1080p on a 24 inch monitor so you can have it on a goddamn 6 inch phone
Resolution autists are the worst, I bought 1440p and it seems like a meme