Why are audio cables so expensive?

Tried to Google it but it's just reddit-tier bullshit.
Is it materials (doubtful), R&D, advertising, just the fact that audiophiles are retarded?

Even if they do make a difference, why do they cost so much more? I'm guessing it's just because they can.

Attached: images.jpg (500x500, 24K)

>ask question
>answer it

how the fuck is aux to RCA expensive? It's $5 for 6 feet.

They literally sell that cable at the dollar store.

Talking about high end audio cables like Audioqest, etc.

>high end
>audio cables
fancy braids and plugs, wire is wire.

>he fell for the “high end” meme

Because people are dumb enough to pay that much.

>high end audio cables
thanks for the kek

You're all retarded, there's gold in these cables y'know

>cables are so expansive
stop looking at the wrong website

Attached: rca cable.png (1574x658, 190K)

I have personally cut open a particularly shitty cable with gold-plated connectors to find aluminum-core wire.

>Why are audio cables so expensive?
See picture for your answer

Attached: PT_Barnum.jpg (558x697, 99K)

Shut up, don't let the goyim know.

>gold plating
>expensive

Gold is less conductive than copper. Stuff is plated with it for "ooh shiny pretty" and rust prevention.

I can't stand having cables that aren't entirely matte black in my field of view, so I had to go a little of my way the last time I needed to buy some.

Even cheap cables used to be coaxial type and good enough maybe a decade ago, but nowadays it seems to be difficult to find anything but absolute shit with some aluminum clad steel-bullshit conductor and and zero shielding cheaply.

They're not if you find the right seller retard.

>Is it materials (doubtful), R&D, advertising, just the fact that audiophiles are retarded?
The really expensive ones (like Audioquest) are just a grift to extract money from audiophile boomers. The market they target are the people who argue on the stevehoffman forums that their $400 usb cable sounds better.

The slightly more expensive cables are usually build to withstand some abuse, they wont sound any better either.

they're coated in gold to prevent corrosion you retard

Just buy some nice OFC copper cables with the right gauge for your distance. It doesn't get much better than that unless they're made out of pure gold or something

I just said that, cutie.

You probably can't hear a difference between copper and aluminum. Make recordings through 25 feet of each with everything else the same, make a diff, crank it up to 11, and you won't hear shit.

He could have answered that in seven different ways in his post. Fucking kys

>gauge
lol

I don't know what you mean by high end cables, but gold-plated cables are meant for regularly connecting/disconnecting so the contacts wouldn't wear off.
If you have a stationary setup, they're completely useless.

They're gold plated as gold is inert and so will not cause electrochemical corrosion or, in extreme cases, cold welding.

It's objectively better for all setups, whether dynamic or static.

Solution, go to thrift store and buy old RCA cables.

Even that isn't expensive.

idk what sort of current you pull through RCA cables but I'm sure none of those are areal issue

They literally aren't worth their weight in gold.

An analoge signal (like music) needs/benefits from higher quality cables. This isn't just on or off like HDMI. It needs high quality plating if it gives a higher quality signal

>I can't stand having cables that aren't
entirely matte black in my field of view
a bit too much blacked, you have watched my friend