What's this guy's name again

Attached: Steve_Jobs_Headshot_2010-CROP2.jpg (1557x2489, 790K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jobs
opensource.apple.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacOS
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pussy Nigga

Mr. Microsoft

Steve "Hand" Jobs

Buk Lau

I don't know we just call him that weird old man who goes to the bathroom to bathe his feet in piss

why is Jow Forums so immature?
this feels like 8th grade class

Steve NeXT.

That's Steve Jobs, founder of Apple Computers and inventor of the Mac, the iPod, the iPad, and a hundred other things.

Show some respect.

Stephane Travaux.

Rand Paul

le epic shiny phone man

>t. homosexual

Linus Sebastian, creator of Linux

Tim Apple.

Filthy Steve

Steve Paul Jobs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jobs

Bill Gates

>inventor
That's a stretch

Probably because most of Jow Forums is literally in the 8th grade

stfu homo

Marketing genius

Attached: 1567276453312.jpg (320x281, 30K)

Post age faggot

Darth Urinal

gary kildall

christopher 'moot' poole

>liking gay jobs
>not homo
be gay somewhere else

Steefan Abdulfattah Al Jandali

This post reeks of Google.

Steven Bills

Esteban Trabajos

>thief
>such an asshole boss he gets fired from his own company
>so retarded he refused traditional medicine in favor of some new age shit that only accelerated his death
>proudly admitted he wanted Apple to cater to liberal arts fags instead of people who knew how to use computers
>deservinging any respect

>>proudly admitted he wanted Apple to cater to liberal arts fags instead of people who knew how to use computers
Yet Apple is the only company still around who makes an OS for professionals.

>Apple is the only company still around who makes an OS for professionals
you're gonna need a bigger bait

Name another one. Go ahead.

Steven Apple

>>

See, you can't name another one. The only OS left for professionals is OS 10, the successor of NeXTStep. Professionals don't use hobbyist projects like GNU or FreeBSD.

People in this field naturally have mental issues and degeneracy. Most don't know how to communicate. Remember that pretending to be an idiot is the same thing as being one.

I know this from personal experience in university. The people in this field are ALWAYS terrible. It's like everyone else grew up but they never did, which isn't a surprise if you spend all day behind a computer screen and only interact with edgy online people. People in other majors don't give any issues, but in anything related to CS I can't even say I use an iMac without someone freaking out.

>"Well, actually, *heh* I'll have you know that you could use Linux and purchase computer parts yourself and assemble it. It will be cheaper and more efficient! Plus with Linux you can do so much but I do *heh* of course dislike systemd, but a little terminal work fixes things right up! But I didn't expect you to know that because only a real programmer uses Linux. *heh* No offense. *smirks while adjusting glasses*

Infuriating after a while. These people have no social cues whatsoever.

Attached: jpg.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

They don't even realise that macOS is both Unix and mostly free software. They just get riled up about it because youtubers say so.

>mostly free software
who told you that faggot?

allegedly unix and zero free software.
>ftfy

It's true, retard. Darwin and XNU are both free.
It is 100% POSIX compliant certified Unix and most of it is licensed under the APSL, Apache license, or the BSD licenses.

Steve Blows

>XNU
>free
great so they use open source software to build there proprietary OS.

They even have a site for that
opensource.apple.com/

>there
Moving on... What are you referring to as proprietary? If we take the Linux community's definition of an operating system, macOS is entirely free. But according to a more sensible Unix style definition, macOS is mostly free software.

Final Cut Pro has devolved into a fucking joke since FCPX. You can do just pretty much anything with a pirated copy of Premiere Pro plus legit free software like Davinci Resolve. And if you're new to video editing there's always Vegas. Even Resolve has a video editing timeline.
>BAAAAAAAAAAW CMOM U GUISE 4KEK IS SRS BUSINESS
Fuck off reddit.

Why do you think I'm talking about something as unimportant and trite as splicing video clips? Never once did I mention that inanity. I'm talking about real work, not a glorified hobby for feeble art students.

>4cuck
Word filtering only makes you mods look even more gay than you already are. Put the s-o-y bottle down.

>macOS is entirely free.
>macOS is mostly free software.
how it is more free than debian or even ubuntu?
open source is not always mean free.
and most of macOS architecture is not even open source
what the hell are you talking about?

>how it is more free than debian or even ubuntu?
More? I don't know if it is. I never made such a claim. I say it is free/mostly free because the majority of it is licensed under free software licenses such as the APSL, the Apache license, and the BSD licenses.
>open source is not always mean free.
When I say free I mean free. Open source is nothing but a marketing term devised by corporations like IBM in the late 90s to subvert the principles of the free software movement and make it more palatable to corporate investors.
>and most of macOS architecture is not even open source
macOS is built on Darwin and uses XNU as its kernel. These are the core of the operating system. They are both free software.
>what the hell are you talking about?
I am talking about the fact that the majority of macOS is licensed under free software licenses.

>Apple's continued insistence to appeal to art fags has led to their products being locked down inefficient piles of shit
>I'm talking about real work, not a glorified hobby for feeble art students.
Alright Applecuck, what real work?

Just do it faggot

Attached: time_to_go_back.jpg (794x1485, 417K)

Software development. OS 10 is the only choice for professional developers nowadays. All the other contenders died out years ago.

Blowjob Steve

say its an open source and free its like saying android is a free and open source
its kind of true but not 100% true
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacOS
>Source model Closed source (with open source components)
free software by definition is giving the user the freedom to edit and distribute the software.
which is not in macOS case

If MacOs is free why is it so hacky and hard to get installed on my pc

>say its an open source and free its like saying android is a free and open source
I said mostly free by a Unix style definition, and entirely free by the standards of the Linux community. This is because Linux people think an operating system is just a kernel. The core of the OS is free software.
>free software by definition is giving the user the freedom to edit and distribute the software.
Yes, the APSL, Apache license, and BSD licenses guarantee the four freedoms.
>which is not in macOS case
I said most. I feel like you keep forgetting that. Are you alright?
See above.

A literal Chad. He cucked Cisco, stealing the iOS/IOS name.

>I said most. I feel like you keep forgetting that. Are you alright?
no i just annoyed by this
its such an hypocrite way of thinking to say we have an open source systems wrap inside close source.
why to even bother its such a commercialize shit!

>its such an hypocrite way of thinking to say we have an open source systems wrap inside close source.
I'm not lying. The majority of macOS is free software. This is just a fact that people often ignore. People who don't know about its history and have never used it. It shouldn't offend you to hear, since it is a simple admission of a fact. Nothing more.

im not say your lying
but its get people misunderstood the basic principle of what free software really mean.
technically your right.
but first of all it cost money
second all the free software are just components not the whole OS system
third you need special apple hardware to operate it.
so why should i care if most of it or part of it are free the fact is as a whole package is not

>but first of all it cost money
Why does it matter what it costs? The FSM has never been about cost in the slightest. Only about software adhering to the four freedoms. That is all.
>second all the free software are just components not the whole OS system
That is what I have been saying. Most distros of GNU aren't entirely free either. Only those running the kernel forked by the GNU project are.
>third you need special apple hardware to operate it.
So? This is irrelevant to the point.
>so why should i care
You don't have to. You're the one who asked.

Abdul Lateef Jandali

Attached: 1538739517744.jpg (450x600, 52K)

>steal BSD kernel code because the street shitting pajeets at apploo couldn't code a stable OS if their fucking lives depended on it
>release it as "open source" as if it was ever written by them in the first place
Street shit harder iJeet. EVERY SINGLE LINE OF CODE that came from iPajeets is closed source.

Attached: 1555624358536.jpg (643x960, 255K)

Nice meme, wintoddler. And I can tell you're a wintoddler by your mindset. You can't steal free software and XNU is derived as much from Carnegie as it is from Berkeley. Go shill somewhere else. You wintoddlers are not wanted on this board.

>Most distros of GNU aren't entirely free either.
the most unfree linux distros are way ahead macOS in means of freedom
>So? This is irrelevant to the point.
how you can say its irrelevant if "most of it is free"
what so free about it if the access to it is not freedom, i cant choose what kind of hardware to use on it i cant even modify to make it work.
its like saying hay come to my store and take everything for FREE! but you need to pay 1000$ to get in.
so what kind of joke it is?