I hate my programming job. Not because of the work tasks...

I hate my programming job. Not because of the work tasks, but because of the social retardation that the majority of my coworkers suffer from.

Most of the time it's quiet as a library. But when it's not, they usually talk about work, some movie/tv-show they recently saw or something even more bland. The lack of ability to joke, small-talk, or have a conversation with some depth is impossible for these people. It's awful and I fucking hate them.

Attached: Programmers are socially retarded.jpg (1300x866, 108K)

It's awful when my coworkers try to be my friend when we share nothing in common. Safe topics like movies, tv shows, local sports and video games are the most I want to talk about with them.

It's social retardation on your part to assume I ever want to have anything to do with you beyond polite, surface level small talk.

This is what I am talking about. I am not trying to be your friend when I talk about something deeper more personal than last night's episode of GoT. We're stuck for 8 hours a day 5 days a week together, someone not socially retarded would usually have modicum of interest in talking to the people he spends the most time with.

programming is for autists, get another job whiny faggot

Fine, we can discuss how women shouldn't be allowed to vote, all gun control should be abolished and we should completely end all immigration into the US. How many people in the office do you think are going to flip their shit when I drop those facts on them?

That's why I don't fucking want to talk to you about anything at work. I'm happy just being a top contributor so I can do my time and get the fuck out and move onto better paying jobs.

What's wrong with that? Some people view work as an exchange of their time for money and nothing more.

>be normalfag
>get job in autism field
>complain when most people don't fit your normalfag ideals

this

This has to be bait.

Depends on the company desu. When I worked for a smaller one, it was constant banter and racist jokes. People in corporations are the textbook definition of NPCs though.

Attached: 1562397148547.png (480x480, 299K)

And now you prove your social retardation again. It's not discussing the most superficial bland topics (exclusive) or discuss political topics.

You can just mention that you are going to some restaurant and from there the topic can develop into something more.

Why do neurotypicals have to constantly invade our spaces and demand they change to suit them?

You must have autism if you think people in other work environments have deep meaningful conversations with people at fucking work.

How is the next instagrammable restaurant deeper than the last GoT episode? It's the same superficial normie talk.

I'm glad I did economics. I get to be a big shot designing models about random bs I dreamt up. For me programming is just a tool.

You are the real tool.

I've been working for a long time and I've never heard people at the office talk about anything but sportsball, the weather, or food. Stop expecting things that don't happen. If you want deep conversations shitpost on Jow Forums at work.

>Jow Forums
>deep conversations
Yikes
Cringe
Oof

OP, I was a former programmer before making the switch to welding. Best decision ever. If you're really good you can land contracts with sports car manufacturers, aerospace firms, and military weapons. The people you work with are awesome too. They may not be the most bookish of folks, but they sure make you feel human. They are often very pragmatic, know how to laugh and crack jokes while being serious on the job. After a days grind we often hit the pool to cool off and talk about bullshit and the like. Maybe drink a few beers before heading home. It's awesome

d l8

Dee late? Wtf is Dee late?

I forgot one:
Have sex

>willingly inhaling SMAW fumes makes you feel human
Based retard

>Wtf is Dee late?
One ring to rule them all.

Cubicle corporations are literal NPC factories

>implying software companies use cubicles

>he thinks devs are allowed to have cubicles

Attached: facebook-office-plan.jpg (1440x900, 342K)

>tfw you will never have a programmer friend this based

Holy fuck that is terrible. Cubicles are also fucked but this way worse

These aren't facts but I don't have a problem discussing those topincs. On the other hand I left my company and work from home now.

How do you like working from home? I just started this summer and not liking it

Based. Want to start a business with me?

Attached: 58883126_2190672041008409_6153344523368923136_n.jpg (534x283, 48K)

>the people he spends the most time with.
I spend more time with my family than my coworkers because I'm not a retard.

You have the option of wearing filtration masks you fuckwit.

Have fun staying safe in your cubicle.

I've had it in all my previous jobs until I started working with developers.

Programmers at FAANG don't have their own offices?

Pros and cons. I am not very social, so that is a plus, I can still go grab a beer with my longterm friends after working and I don't have to engage with people that I really don't care about much.

The one big problem for me is that I never truly feel like I am done working. I can always do more and even now I am thinking about my work. I will also work over the weekend a bit.

But overall I think for me it's better than working in an office. It wasn't that horrible, but there were problems.

How do you see it? What annoys you about it?

I recently just finished working in an office for the first time as a Software Developer Intern for a few months with the company having only 6-7 employees, and it was exactly as OP described. I just can't imagine being able to survive working 40 hours a week with people so uninteresting and boring, contemplating learning to weld

why would they? you think working at FAANG is special or something?

What I would also add to that: for the longest time I was just a sole trader, but I decided to found a limited now. There is a lot bureaucratic stuff that you have to do.
Also for a long time I worked alone or with my friends, but most of them prefer normal jobs, even though it pays less, they are just very social guys and like that environment. So now I am trying to start working with freelancers.
I had good experiences with designers for my website, voiceover artists etc. but the moment I started hiring programmers it ghot much tougher. Really, most programmers are not that good, or you could say programming is a much harder thing to do correctly.
I have been trying to give small BS problems to several freelancers (I pay them for that of course) int the hope to find someone that I can work with in the longterm, but didn't find one yet.
So there is a bit of overhead for me organizing those things.

>wearing a cuckmask

I would've thought their higher level staff have their own offices.

those on high levels do. grunt programmers that do grunt work stay on the floor level with everyone else

That's sad as fuck. Makes me appreciate my dinky little room.

Have you worked at a FANG company? Not even baiting just asking.
If you did, do those companies really think open offices are the best model, or are they really just trying to save money?

No they genuinely believe in the open office setup. Apple has a fucking spaceship campus, they clearly have the money, but it's all open office.

yea finding a solid person to start something with is tough and takes time. but its worth it so you dont end up with some shitter

>t. retard

This can depend on the work environment. In academia or research-related workplaces, there tend to be deeper and more interesting conversations.

take the remote pill user

How does a junior dev get a remote job

Apply for jobs advertising remote positions, you just gotta look for them

>they usually talk about work
Well, duh?

I'm wondering why more people don't commit suicide. I have no clue what holds them together.

This is the closest thing to hell on earth without actual physical pain in my opinion

>that tiny blm poster on the wall
The memes truly do write themselves

Exactly this. I'm asocial, not socially retarded. I can actually read people and understand how they feel about me, it doesn't mean I want to talk to them

quit u little shit, but before take my resume and tell your boss I am better.

Just face the fact that you are a boring person and nobody enjoys talking to you

Attached: 1530748691578.jpg (549x549, 62K)

>open space is important

Attached: 53bdd1e753993142fabf1cbf263a92b1.jpg (800x450, 48K)

You'll come to find, you'd quickly get irritated with people as annoying as you.

this, you're not actually interesting

why don't you try to start a deep conversation fag?

You start of talking about the restaurant then talk about something tangential and next thing you know you're sharing childhood stories or social issues or what not. Jesus user, do you know how conversations work?

are you literally retarded?
do you realize people are deeper than politics? is that all you have in your mind at all times? holy shit dude give it a rest.

>without actual physical pain
Check the guy on the bottom right. Looks like he's got a headache from trying to focus with a dozen other people yakking about random bullshit all around him

>>deep conversations

Didn't see that coming.