Can someone give me a quick rundown on DSD?

Can someone give me a quick rundown on DSD?
Is it a meme?

Attached: DSDlogo.svg.png (1200x610, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZfWwCfN8TO0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a meme sony format

24/192 PCM is better

Complete and utter meme.

It was the future but normalfags prefer quantity over quality so it died.

>24/192 PCM is better
Both are retarded. Though I guess at least 24/192 PCM does have SOME use in professional situations. For playback it's completely fucking retarded and effectively makes sound quality possibly worse due to greater quantization errors.

DVD-A was the future but Sony killed it with their meme format which caused a long format war and killed hi-res audio

hi-res audio is making a comeback at least in Japan.

implyign you ear can hea r the difference

Attached: 1563074128361.png (720x720, 353K)

Explain to me what exactly the benefit would be of storing 1 bit of information 2.8 million times a second as opposed to storing 24 bits of information 96,000 times a second.

High resolution audio does nothing for playback. It was always a meme, and always will be a meme. 16/44.2 and 16/48 are the gold standard for very good reasons.
See: Band limited signals
Fourier transformations
You can PERFECTLY recreate any combination of frequencies that can be heard by your ears with a 48kHz samplerate. That means the "warmth" of vinyl, the hiss on tape, EVERYTHING.
16 bit covers the comfortable range of human hearing. So unless you want to have a jet airplane at real life volume, which would damage your ears and certainly be impossible for your amp/speakers to pull off, you're never going to need more than that.

It's meme. Used for marketing to sell to audiofags who don't understand physics.

It's literally an MP3 file that has a bit more bitrate than 320k mp3

wrong

It's better than PCM but there's literally no software that can edit DSD so no one releases in DSD

>It's better than PCM

no

Attached: dmd.png (1200x610, 64K)

oh yes, they have invented hires memes before, such as SHM-CD, XRCD or Blu-Spec CD

>t. coping poorfags
Get a job niggers

It's similar to PCM, but it uses extremely high frequencies to store noise and the dynamic range gets a little smaller because of that fact.
Also it uses 1-bit autism which is actually an 8 bit sequence (because the computer can't understand just one bit..)
Summarizing:
>less noise
>less dynamic range
>greater quantization errors
Quantization errors you can't hear.
>It's better than PCM
No.
This.

Attached: high-resolution_audio.png (1648x1117, 73K)

can't believe this has been posted yet..
youtube.com/watch?v=ZfWwCfN8TO0

Absolutely beautiful

Love that everything in this is actually a real product.

A real product that has been defended on the general nonetheless

In fairness to them, some of those headphones actually do make a difference for better or worse. And that meme speaker is insanely expensive but will sound different than a regular home theater speaker. I say different, but not necessarily better, because it's up to you to decide whether the price is worth it (like Tamotsu did for a time).

Actually I am one those defending that one myself despite not having it, lmao

I am more talking about the literal gold cable. Tube AMP is controversial, I settled for a normal X6 but on the other hand DT 770 PRO is not that high end, could maybe benefit from the softness though

Amps DO change the sound, that much is true, but yeah your right, the general will argue about what kind of change in sound you want. Myself, I say if you listen to it and like it enough to buy it then that's perfectly valid, even if it's not a perfect rendering of what the artist and sound engineer ended.

zoom zoom