Hello, I have a minor problematic issue with finishing my solder project...

Hello, I have a minor problematic issue with finishing my solder project , I am in the process of changing out my old snes game batteries with new ones, problem is that this is my first time soldering in my life, and I’ve run into a problem, I took out the old battery and now I’ve plugged the hole up with solder , and now for the life of me I can’t make a new hole for the battery pin, it just won’t open up no matter what way I turn and poke it with the iron tip, anyone out there that can give me some advice???? Pointers?? Please would appreciate it

Attached: 98F669D8-5709-4A0A-90D8-1997519C306D.jpg (750x1334, 248K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uYFXNEH_vvk
youtu.be/AY5M-lGxvzo?t=101
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is what solder wick is for.

Wick it you little shit.

post this in the stupid questions general of DIY for best results, this wasn't a good topic to make a thread for.

This is what I'd recommend.

Also OP I sometimes use more force and/or pliers grabbing the base of the component and begin wriggling and pulling real hard. That might snap the component though, but it sometimes works.

Use the iron tip, make the solder liquid and remove it with your finger. It won't hurt you due the Leidenfrost effect.

Add a blob of solder on top and while is still liquid, whip it hard until you get all the solder off, watch out for flying hot solder blobs while you do it.

I’m gonna try that I’ll tell u the results

It worked! Thanks man!

Attached: 7831D93D-B452-4B5D-B28B-5A19488CC454.jpg (750x1334, 174K)

You can melt it and blow it out of the hole with a can of that duster shit, or any source of compressed air, too.

Hopefully it saves right, I changed out Mario’s battery and it saves perfectly, /v/ was no help but you guys are awesome!

Attached: CC56AEBD-0C54-4FF0-8164-363ED5442054.jpg (750x1334, 245K)

Clean those contacts with alcohol

We are not awesome
We are all the same bitter and spiteful people
If we ever help you it'll be with something extremely basic like this because we know it's hard to irrecoverably screw up so you'll thank us and we'll feel a little better about ourselves.
Ask us for help with anything more complicated and we'll be yelling at each other and denouncing everything and everyone as garbage.
We are not good people.
Don't call us awesome.

That's cool. I miss my nintendo system. My wife gave it away to her co-workers kid.

go back

That doesn’t sound right at all, that’s terrible

Wtf is this leddit Jow Forumsme_irl ironic depression garbage doing here?

Attached: 1566392351116.jpg (271x250, 4K)

Should've done this, maybe for next time.
youtube.com/watch?v=uYFXNEH_vvk

>grabbing the base of the component and begin wriggling and pulling real hard.
This has the unfortunate effect of removing pads if the pads are small enough
Source: My boards are shit and have destroyed many a board by stripping MCU pins.

Unironically u sometimes have to add more solder to get a better contact with the iron.
makes it more scary to fire timers but you will see it will flow evenly and get pulled away with the iron as it gets a almost waxy consistency

this is a very bad soldering job, and you should feel bad about it.

idiot faggot bitch. have sex.

Buy flux.

Flux is fucking black magic.

Flux makes all your soldering magically work and go exactly where you want it to go.

Attached: raw[1].gif (350x232, 461K)

this
and this
you should practice soldering and desoldering in old crap with the right tools before going for serious with pieces of equipment you're not willing to brick. But anyway, the worst errors are the better teachers. Keep going but think what you gonna do before doing it, and alway think about the worst scenario you can get and work in order to no making it happen.

You are bitter & spiteful.

You don't 'turn' or 'poke' with a solderin iron. You gently place it broadside for a second or two. Please, watch this before you ruin your workpiece.

youtu.be/AY5M-lGxvzo?t=101

Or start from the beginning, for an hour and some practice you will make NASA-spec joints.

Troll posts.

If you find yourself with too much solder somewhere or just have a need to desolder things: buy a solder sucker or a solder wick tape thingy, user. I'd personally pick the solder wick since imo its easier to work with. /diy/'s /ohm/ general has some useful advice on electronics and soldering, they can probably help you out better than the codemonkeys here.

Unironically it's not. I've done my fair share of solder slinging when I didn't have any wick handy. You can never really get it all off though, so if you're going for clean pads, maybe invest in some more solder wick.

Good but next time use a solder suction pump.

Attached: SolderPump.png (1032x688, 110K)

>Unironically u sometimes have to add more solder to get a better contact with the iron
That is because you retards can't into heat transfer.
You guys solder with wrong tips (the conical one instead of the plain one) and you also neglect the tip, so you let it oxidize and it grows a dark layer that isolates heat. You need to tin the tip before and after work.
Also buy proper tips, not chink tips.
And finally, buy a soldering station with enough power and temp control. Learn what the correct temps are for each kind of solder, especially for non-leaded solder (the one most commonly employed in manufacturing after a certain year). That one requires cranking up the knob. A 25W iron won't make shit to a large heat sink plate like OP was fighting against.

Gave my wife a black eye for giving away my ps2 to her friends kid.
Why don’t women understand

100% deserving

That's a lot of projection

what a cuckboi, post programming socks faggot

sounds like you have a super cheap iron that isn't able to heat that point up properly because its a big ground