AMD IS DEAD, INTEL TO DOUBLE THEIR CORES FOR THE SAME DOLLAR!!!

Attached: 1559456671710.jpg (1500x1125, 227K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pharr.org/matt/talks/uiuc-ispc-2012.pdf#page=13
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

> Added AVX512
> Hey everyone! We get double performance!*
> *in a specific synthetic benchmark that uses AVX512

skylake x has had avx512 forever

>Zen 2 Threadripper launching soon this chart becomes nuked.

Doesn't really matter. Cascade Lake-X is just a very slightly tweaked Skylake-X and is still an ungodly housefire tied to the bingmesh architecture. They'll be stomped by the 9900KYS for gaming and by third-gen Threadripper for almost everything else.

Enjoy all those AVX-512 workloads that you run I guess.

>performance per dollar
you know this could also be interpreted as
>intel drastically lower their prices to compete vs amd

B-Bros...

Attached: 1563383381186.png (623x808, 418K)

so sad that this it what it took for Intel to be a better company.

>upcoming gen vs previous gen
Intel is fucked when the new Threadripper chips come out

>yet another viral marketing Intel shill thread showing their trademarked skewed fucking graphs that doesn't prove fucking anything
At least it's not a viral marking AMD shill thread showing their stolen from Intel skewed fucking graphs that don't prove fucking anything.

More likeky

It will be casket lake after zen2 threadripper.

And they will only required 2.1 Gigawatts of power.

Intel is dead. They doomed themselves by only hiring diversity, and niggers can't figure out how to go below 10nm. They're completely fucked.

>Intel marketing talks about performance per dollar
They really are finished, aren't they?

yup, for the next few years anyway.

By then ARM will take over. x86 has a decade left at worst.

>ARM will take over
nope, RISC-V is the future

i have a crosshair vii and 2700x and i get performance within a 9990k without it being extremely expensive and no security patches that lowers performance what would i have gained from going with a 9900k

Ok poorfag, you are tha smartest buyer in the world. Now fuck off

>AVX512
LMAO it's literally wasted silicon because no one will ever use AVX512

Why do you think that?

most people that buy consumer intel cpus are gonna be gaymin

> incel is only good for games
> games don't benefit from more cores

Attached: 1551447783034.png (150x150, 6K)

I dont get it... Why is the 2950X the fastest Threadripper in that chart? Shouldn't the 2990WX be the fastest?

You are just too retarded to understand this graph.

it's not raw performance, rather performance per dollar. presumably the price markup for the higher core count threadrippers outweighed whatever additional core scaling gain you get from them in whatever test suite they ran

god i really hate this sight bunch of retards i bet you have no clue how to install a mainstream linux distro either cant even read a image graph

Why are the intel CPUs not named while the AMD CPUs are specifically mentioned? And why are Intel showing that AMD CPUs have a significantly better relative performance per Dollar compared to their benchmark processor? What marketing is that?

Since performance can't really improve on 14+++nm (except overclocking to to reach way beyond thermonuclear reactor surface power density), shouldn't it be possible calculate prices with this, considering Skylake-X's performance is already known?

Attached: question mark 6.jpg (1920x1080, 120K)

should i buy a 8700k?

no buy 6700k

>10990k never
>amd being better for gaming never
Absolute state

stay with 2700k

To be able to make a headline, what you see on first glance is that it's 174%-209% better. Not until you calculate yourself do you see that it is just a 30% increase on last gen AMD.

>comparing the latest of intel to last-gen threadripper

NO NO NO DELID THIIIIIIS!

AMD is for giggahertzlets
Intel still makes most powerful CPUs in the world.

>even Intel admits that AMD is better in Performance per Dollar than what they currently have to offer
nice marketing

>empowering creators* **
>*(measured by typical notebook and tablet usage of browsing the web, writing emails and looking at word documents)
>**(also we're not mentioning any specific model for either our current or next generation CPU to avoid liability for claims)

>Zen 2 launch event
>Norrod takes the stage to show some benchmarks
>'we would love to have a competitor on stage but there's not a single processor that could ever be compared to our offerings, so we just skip that part'
>'tho we got our hands on Intels glued-together 9282 server cpu but it almost burned down the test rig, testing wasn't possible'

Attached: 1547697586525.jpg (218x250, 7K)

lmao at the retards that defend companies
just buy the best product, why do you care about the color of the logo on it?

because GPUs exist

AMD just release zen2 threadripper 32 cores and nuked workstation Intel.

>but look we managed to make a shot glass from the molten silicon

gpus are pretty underwhelming unless your code is embarrassingly parallel

pharr.org/matt/talks/uiuc-ispc-2012.pdf#page=13

which avx512 and simd in general aren't targeted at

>Don't mind me, the 64 core monster truck CPU driving over intlel casket lake X

Attached: AMD-Ryzen-Threadripper-2000-3000-Series-HEDT-CPUs.jpg (1024x576, 119K)

Realistically, how long will it be until every consumer tier computer is packing a 32 core cpu, for 300$ price range (for the cpu)?

ANSWER MEANSWER MEANSWER MEANSWER MEANSWER MEANSWER MEANSWER MEANSWER MEANSWER MEANSWER MEANSWER MEANSWER MEANSWER MEANSWER MEANSWER MEANSWER ME

>performance per dollar
Wait, I thought Intel isn't for poorfags. What happened?

>casket lake
top kek

When Intel had the most expensive products in all price categories:
>Money is no object. What are you, a poorfag?
After Intel was forced to drop prices to compete with zen2:
>Intel is clearly the price to performance king. Thank you based Intel for helping me save money!

Attached: file.png (731x692, 601K)

ealistically, how long will it be until every consumer tier computer is packing a 32 core cpu, for 300$ price range (for the cpu)?

Wow, so Intel is the new
>Hurr, just meik moar corez
Of 2019.

About 10-15 years for AMD, 15-20 years for Intel.

Thanks