FOSS garageband alternatives

itoddlers often say a couple pieces of exclusive software is somehow worth a 50% markup on hardware prices
What are some free alternatives to garageband for linux/windows?

Attached: garageband.png (1200x675, 497K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/results?search_query=kawaii bass tutorial
youtu.be/nR69ljjNl3E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>couple pieces of exclusive software is somehow worth a 50% markup on hardware prices
Make it 500%.

If you have the choice between using nice and comfy software vs adjusting to some abomination, it doesn't matter how cheap the other thing is, unless the former is literally not affordable.

>What are some free alternatives to garageband for linux/windows?
They don't exist. There are a lot of decent pro tools for Windows (no pun) but nothing nearly as easy to use and powerful out of the box like Garageband. Loonix doesn't do user-friendly or good UI, so don't even bother looking.

Nonfree software cannot be comfy or user-friendly or have good UI. The purpose of them is to attack the user's freedom.

Cracked software is the answer

r___ f___

At least closed sores doesn't attack anyones eyes.

You can't crack something that doesn't exist, mate. You can let your grandparents use Garageband and they will figure out how to do what they want with it. Everything else needs you to read manuals and watch tutorials just to use.

If you find the software to be displeasing to the eye then modify it or pay someone else to modify it for you.

what about something less powerful and harder to use? i just want to mess around with digital pianos and drums

Pretty much any not ghetto-tier DAW can do that (find cracked ones if the stuff is paid), it just takes much more time to get into it. FL studio and Bitwig Studio are probably the most user friendly ones.

Though that's all closed source and on Windows. I don't know anyone who does music production on Linux. (You're probably better off just getting a cheap iPad though)

Ardour is as good as FOSS DAWs get right now. Makes sense given how rife the music industry is with cucks intent on DRMing the fuck out of all the shit the y put out

>itoddlers often say a couple pieces of exclusive software is somehow worth a 50% markup on hardware prices
No. Macs are worth it because they run Unix and have professional support. That is why businesses buy them. Hobbyist projects like Linux and BSD don't cut it in a professional environment and Windows is garbage for anything but office work and video games.

Bitwig supports ubuntu/debian.

>Hobbyist projects like Linux and BSD don't cut it in a professional environment
i didn't realize it was still 1994

It's still true.

Street shit harder iJeet. fagOS is the hobby project seeing as Steve Blowjobs just slapped his hobby toy GUI on top of a half-finished research kernel and called it an OS. Linux was developed from the ground up as its own project unlike the franketurd abortion apploo shat out.

>just slapped his hobby toy GUI
Yeah, such a toy that Sun literally begged him to re-license it under a free license.
>Linux was developed from the ground up as its own project unlike the franketurd abortion apploo shat out.
Linux is shit. Tannenbaum was right, but Linus was too proud to admit it.

LMMS is pretty neat

The software DOES NOT EXIST
PERIOD

there is NOTHING close to even hobbyist level that is free. audio is a motherfucker, I mean video you have options, but no one does anything audio for free.

Reaper

Not FOSS, but the most BASED DAW on the market. Works on Loonux.

Attached: ss.png (1869x1003, 236K)

just buy Logic, bro.

Then pay someone to make it for you. No non-free software exists that is worth using. Period.

so it means you can install it on any linux distro, like im using right now on arch linux

This. It's $70 Canadian shekels, so I'm usd it's pretty much free. Get this if you want total control.

>so I'm usd it's pretty much free.
It's basically winrar free if you don't care to respect the developer.

A Terry Davis tier creative, smart, and nuts person would have to come along in order for something like that to be programmed and released to the public. The closest you're ever going to get is Audacity, which isn't even close to the worst paid DAW.

The FOSS alternative's called Garbage Band.

This. And the guy that made Reaper made Winamp. So, there ya go.

This guy has no idea what he's talking about. I work in pro audio.

Free software means freedom, not price.

Free software cannot be hidden behind a paywall.

Yes it can.

> calls i toddlers
> uses garbage band
Grow a par of balls fruity loops failure and use logic shitbag

>name your software after existing cereal brand
>get sued because of fucking course
>try to rebrand as "FL Studio"
>still mostly used by niggers
>at least some white EDMfags are still using it
>even they jump ship for ableton
>literally just left with niggers that only pirate your nigger DAW

Attached: CG01.jpg (300x300, 69K)

>>literally just left with niggers that only pirate your nigger DAW
youtube.com/results?search_query=kawaii bass tutorial

>tfw hackintosh 2600x
>tfw hackintosh t440
Comfy

>itoddlers often say a couple pieces of exclusive software is somehow worth a 50% markup on hardware prices
the mark up happens because this industry knows they're bunch of useless fucking idiots that will pay it.
>What are some free alternatives to garageband for linux/windows?
reaper

100% facts.

Attached: 1548173302952.jpg (345x336, 214K)

What benefits does Logic even have for casual users? I downloaded it because, why the fuck not; and sure there are fuckloads of options that are almost overwhelming but I haven't noticed any crucial bit.

If you use Linux, your only choices for easy drag-and-drop DAWs that come with a loop library are Reaper and Tracktion, neither of which are FOSS.

If FOSS is a requirement, go with Ardour, and look for GPL loops online.

DemonicSweaters has some free drums. youtu.be/nR69ljjNl3E

The size of the loop library compared to Garage Band's would be the only positive for casual users, I would think.
The pros care about plugins, which are much better in Logic, and the routing is much more flexible.

So guess as someone who rarely uses loops, I'm just wasting space with Logic. Feels kinda bad.