Im in a bit of a pickle

Im in a bit of a pickle

I know tablets aren't really a technology you're supporting but
I find myself consuming media, reading pdfs and stuff and want to maybe write some docs portably but having a desktop i don't find the idea of buying a laptop appealing. That's why im looking into tablets

Currently im thinking of these possibilities:
*Going budget and save some money for a Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019) which i can find for 200 euro
*Spending some 100 more and going for a Galaxy S5e, which i can find for 320 euro
*spending some 100 more for a Galaxy Tab S4 which i can find for 400 euro
Ipad (2018) is around 300 euro, but comparing it to s5e only the ios sounds an advantage point, and even for this im note really sure

What do you think, anyone here has an experience with this 4 or any other tablet i should consider?

(if only there was some comfy linux tablet)

Attached: 20190416114929_samsung_galaxy_tab_s5e_10_5_64gb.jpg (676x1033, 140K)

Tab S4
Probably will price drop even more because of Tab S6 just coming out within the next month.
Optionally use Samsung DeX with it and either use that whenever you want or on top of that, get "Linux on DeX" .apk from apkmirror, see if there's any ARM packages for the stuff you want to use.

>if only there was some comfy linux tablet
I feel you. Thats why I'm building a raspberry pi 4 tablet. However calling it tablet will be a stretch at over 1 inch thickness.

why do you recommend s4?
i know right, i was thinking about that too, but finding some super amoled or any decent panel and making it sleek enough seems impossible

I'm using the official 7" touchscreen since I don't care about image quality.

I'll be honest, it's only because of the option of a headphone jack. I use wireless earbuds but just having that option without having to use a dongle is nice.
Otherwise the performance/specs are very much identical other than the fact that there's no fingerprint scanner on the S4 which I don't find too much of a deal breaker
Recommending based off that because it'd most likely be cheaper being the "older model" compared to the S5e.
Recommending the Galaxy tablets over the iPad purely because of DeX built in the tablet.

so you find dex useful
and no, tab s4 is more expensive than the s5e right now

depends what type of media consumption
only youtube, plex/emby, netflix, etc? then iPad
but watching video files you put on the tablet itself? android, especially with that expandable storage
if you're into weeb shit then for stuff like manga you're also gonna want to be using tachiyomi which is an android only application highly recommended by a ton of people on this site
both are fine for reading pdfs / writing documents
s4 and s5e are the same shit so get whatever is cheaper
s4/s5e should come with the s-pen in the box where the ipad I think is separate if you wanna jot down shit too

well i do stream, and also torrent
i will be reading pdfs etc
also wanted to have an alternative of editing or creating documents on the go since i have no laptop only a desktop

the s5e has no pen support, i dont really plan on using such a thing

>torrent
on the tablet itself?
yeah then just get the s5e

I recently bought the s5e, also for pdf reading. It's very thin and light, which makes it perfect for holding it like a book.

Get an iPad, honestly they are the only game in the tablet market.

Mine has several years and still going strong and getting updates

Well even though I don't find the file managing in iOS appealing, they fixed it in iPad os which I will take into consideration

Street shit harder iJeet.

Attached: 1564779584586.jpg (1500x2000, 742K)

Is the tab4 better with UFS vs eMMc on the tab s5e??

Don't get the Tab S5e, it feels incredibly sluggish due to the shitty processor to the point that even my old iPad felt significantly smoother.
I'm going to guess it's due to OneIU's disgusting bloat, since I've the Pixel 3a runs perfectly and so have many Xiaomi phones I've owned in the past. Also OneUI is just a scaled up phone UI put on the tablet, I think it looks awful on phones and it looks even worse on a tablet. It's perfect for book reading and watching videos, I'll give it that but any tablet can do that. Very thin and light though, I was honestly amazed when I took it out of the box due to how fucking thin the thing is. I returned it after a week due to wifi issues, pic related not sure if they've fixed that yet.
If you must go for an Android I'd for the Tab S4 or S6, otherwise go for an iPad.

Attached: 1538921753024.png (646x739, 356K)

Absolutely go for the Tab A,

It's simple with a nice screen and speakers, everything else is just gimmick.

b

What font is used on the computer screen in this pic?

iPads are the only tablets making money, but only because like all Apple products their overpriced. iOS is full of paid apps that SOMETIMES have a free version with intrusivee ads. Android is better because you can pirate if you're a cumbrain or find FOSS alternatives if you're smart.

Samsung adds a shitty skin to their tablets and phones, but it has been getting better recently. Don't expect a long life in terms of updates though, Android is shitty in this regard.

Also "S5e"? Makes it sound like it's the tablet version of the Galaxy S5, which was released in 2013. Shitty name, I don't know about the actual product though.

Tablets are mostly a meme though, don't expect much out of them and they can be OK. My mom gets by with one because she doesn't use half the functions of an actual computer.

mi pad 4 any day

Concerning tablets, Apple is the only choice, no alternatives