Explain what's wrong with pic related without resorting to muh poettering

Explain what's wrong with pic related without resorting to muh poettering.

Attached: PulseAudio_720.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/comments/c0oh7g/help_needed_disgusting_sound_when_using/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't know what it is so it's shit by default.

It makes discord crash a lot on ubuntu which causes my normie friends to regret switching to linux because of it. This could very well just be that the linux discord client is shit, but that's not how they see it.
>but user, it worked fine on windows

it's just a wrapper around alsa

Audio quality. There is a reason why hifi forums have guides to disable pulseaudio and enable something saner.

It constantly fucks up for me and has really insane defaults, like automatically muting music if it detects you're in a voice chat, that said I've also had many issues with alsa by itself and I like many of the feautures you get with pulseaudio, I just wish audio in Linux was not as buggy.

Don't know about crashing, but there's an issue with some PA software, especially Discord, where you'll have buzzing and crackling sounds for a whole minute or so after it's open. It seems to go away sooner when you close another PA software, like Firefox if you have it open in background. But it should be fixed on the latest Linux since it was apparently an AMD issue and they said they're working on it a month ago.

>Discord

Attached: kek.gif (498x278, 1.06M)

Sometimes the audio gets fucked up and it does resample everything to 44.1kHz or 48kHz, I don't want it to resample.

Discord is not apple, but I guess satania-sama can laugh at me if she wants.

>is normalfag
>calls his friends normies
>uses discord malware
>calls GNU 'Linux'
It's a sea of failure you're drowning in, senpai.

If I was a normalfag, the I would relate to normalfags behavior, but I don't.
My friends are definitely normies, why we are friends is beyond me.
I keep discord in a sandboxed browser session, and only use it because of the normie friends.
>he calls it GNU
What you're referring to is in fact GNU/Linux.

It has no reason to exist when you can use JACK instead.

if you use discord, you're a retarded normalfag, no excuses will change that

It's already obsolete my man. Pipewire aka newest Redhat garbage is going to succeed it soon.

Explain why it's bad if used in a browser. I don't care if they record and save my dumb conversations with my friends. If I wanted a secure/private communication channel, I'd use something else.

This is a bug due to RealTek chipsets not working correctly with pulseaudio and giving you underrun errors everywhere , thankfully tho there's a fix.
reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/comments/c0oh7g/help_needed_disgusting_sound_when_using/
Yes ik it's reddit but at least it's helpful , follow the comment about the tsched=0 fix and problem solved

It's unnecessary. The few extra and useless things that PA provides could be perfectly been implemented into ALSA just fine, but no one did because nobody fucking wanted or asked for them.

I have no idea what realtek is but apparently I only have an ethernet controller by them. Everything audio related is AMD/Intel. At least according to lspci.

Your sound chip is most likely a realtek one , they pretty much have monopoly on integrated sound chips.
If it isn't , theres still chances that this fix will solve your problem

I never really disliked.
But it's probably not really performant for heavy audiotasks with equalizers and so on. It gave me a tiny bit of larger response time

It can't handle realtime, thus it is not all-purpose. Need low latency for pro audio or for streaming/voip? Well, fuck you.
Fortunately, it's already on its way to being replaced by pipewire.

Attached: 1556081376811.png (1920x1080, 2.18M)

werks on my machine.

Latency

This