Attached: Untitled.png (697x428, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/chocolatey
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>choco
enjoy installing malware on top of your malware os

Proof?

Not him but if there's any proof it's here github.com/chocolatey

It's *probably* fine. I say probably because I haven't looked myself.

no proof, that user is just mad because theyre a contrarian

Just a freetard

no, package managers are stupid. exe are far superior

too bad chocolatey blows

Attached: listen here you fucking retard.png (328x242, 54K)

Based,chocolaty is great,not as good as most linux package managers but still great.

enjoy your infected palemoon build

Attached: 1525006261664.png (500x500, 77K)

>*probably*
Why the doubt?

>repo packages are always 100% curated and save and never possibly infected

repo slaves will defend this

>freetards
don't you know the android play store?
stupid idiot

I don't use a smartphone, what a cretenic assumption.

>installs all random shit without your permission along the way
nothing personnell... kid

It literally prompts you for each script - UAC prompt and a [y/a/n] one. I don't know why it asks you anyway, do you want to install shit or not?!

wat?

>source: dude trust me

preach it op. converted months ago now have less shit to deal with while always staying updated.

I have entertained the idea of getting the nvidia gpu driver on it, but it's so fucking bloated regardless and updates frequently.

Attached: 2019-09-07_11-10-17_firefox.png (599x70, 5K)

Isn't it a community repo, basically AUR for Windows? Sceptical about the security.

You literally download the original files and you can hash check them if you want (they are automatically anyway). If you specifically want to download SuperWindowsDebloater_RU it's not choco's problem.

No, I think the supposed malware comes from the packages rather than chocolatey itself. Because they're made and submitted by anyone there's no telling what's in them.

They're not, choco acts as a mirror to those programs.

Whats the point on an already running machine when all programs update on their own

I absolutely hate to open a program and have some drivel about updates in my screen. Even worse, it opens my browser to some webpage instead of having its own donwload manager. I've set a .bat to run at startup with
sudo choco upgrade all -y >D:/choco_log.txt

I'm not doubtful so much as I am not certain it's not spyware because I haven't audited the code myself. I don't distrust it, I'm just not positive.

the main condition for repos to work is that they have to contain open source and no monetary interactions. if shit gets for profit, expect malware.

What kind of twisted logic is that? I'd expect malware in free software to compensate for lack of direct funding. Chocolatey is for downloading shit with some keystrokes rather than visiting websites and clicking the wrong buttons.

>using chocolatey
>not scoop
oh dear me

Chocolatey is far worse than gnu/linux package managers, but it's still better than manually downloading and updating exe from websites with 9/10 fake download buttons and tons of ads + embedded spyware installers

>but it's still better than manually downloading and updating exe from websites with 9/10 fake download buttons and tons of ads + embedded spyware installers
The software I use doesnt have that problem

that's why you use Guix which lets you challenge your repos builds with the original source code.

Why would it be worse, it downloads a package just fine and has a visually non-bloated search feature.
>apt build-dep
>apt source
>cd ~/
Wowa weewee

We're always right.
And we're not the *tards, btw.

Retard.

Single worst example of why a package manager is useful.

That's a pretty easy fix. Just don't be a furfag and use palemoon.

I don't need my package manager to do anything other than CRUD.

nice proprietary software pajeet

Attached: 1439490361440.jpg (492x661, 105K)