This confuse the zoomer

This confuse the zoomer

Attached: IMG_20190818_125515_1.jpg (3995x2340, 1.48M)

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/amazon.html
amazon.com/Kindle-eReader-eBook-Reader-e-Reader-Special-Offers/dp/B0051QVESA/ref=sr_1_12?keywords=kindle&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1567915459&s=warehouse-deals&sr=8-12
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good album

*posts pic of rgb tower*
This confuses the boomer
*Default dances on your geave*

There are two generations between boomers and zoomers.

Nigglets?

yeah, why would you waste $1000 on two devices when you can buy one for $300 that can do that and much more?

A dedicated device for reading I can understand, but what's the point of a dedicated music player?

I bought a 6.5 inch phone that does what those things do but way better.

No way that is true.

No you didn't

N-no...

>does what those things do but way better
It doesn't, not unless it has an e-ink display.

>Swindle
Disgusting.

You're lying

There is literally no reason at all to use e-readers or dedicated music players because phones and tablets exist.
Calling people who use technology more effectively 'zoomers' doesn't automatically make you right.

There are a lot of reasons. Why do you believe otherwise?

This confuses every faggot on here.

Attached: 1783328-bigthumbnail.jpg (450x314, 179K)

E-readers just don't offer many tangible benefits over tablets. The same applies to mp3 players > phones.
Yes, (some) e-readers have outrageous battery life but that's basically about it. Everything else can be done on a tablet, possibly more effectively or more pleasantly. It's, in my opinion, better to have a single rectangle that is good at multitasking and can do everything you need it to do really well than to have multiple rectangles that can each only do one specific thing and not do those things that much better than the multitasking rectangles.

for the same reasons people don't drop their smartphones in favor of those old nokia tracfones. yeah, the battery life is amazing but it doesn't do much more than the bare minimum and therefore isn't really worth it. doesn't add nearly as much to your day-to-day.

You are moving the goal post. You said there is "literally" no reason. Just because a phone can do everything 80% well doesn't mean a dedicated music player is not better at playing music than a phone. Same with an e-reader.

Attached: 1565874478739.gif (270x333, 2.99M)

>You said there is "literally" no reason.
I don't consider battery life a solid enough reason to use e-readers.
>Just because a phone can do everything 80% well doesn't mean a dedicated music player is not better at playing music than a phone.
OK but the thing is that phones nowadays have huge capacities and direct access to all the music you could ever want, in any format you want. Dedicated MP3 players just don't offer those same benefits.
The benefits of using a phone as an MP3 player vastly overshadow the benefits of using a dedicated MP3 player.

Damn, that gif is just sad

Headphonejacks in phones are often of low quality. Mine broke(1,5 years old) with normal use. I am very happy for having a DAP which supports all my formats

>My Dead Girlfriend

Attached: 55MWqhs.png (552x464, 256K)

So buy a phone that has a high quality DAC. (i.e. literally anything recent from LG.)

It's an MP3 and a Kindle. What's not to understand?

kek ad nauseam
t. zoomer.

Have you tried reading multiple hours on a Smartphone ? Your eyes will burn Up

whats a good ereader under $50

No, but reading on a tablet is pretty great. Add a matte screen protector for reduced glare and you're good to go.

oh, the irony...

Attached: Prometheus_2019-09-07_171913.png (595x725, 1.24M)

this does confuse me, a zoomer because the kindle already has a built-in music player, even on my old kindle 2 keyboard edition

Don't get pissed at us, that's gen alpha, as a zoomer, I grew up playing pokemon red on my gbc

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't stallman mean free as in software free to control and to be able to change it however you see fit?

I think he's still pro capitalist on software.

>There is literally no reason at all to use e-reader
Excuse me faggot, but if I'm reading a complicated academic paper for a class I'm taking, I would much rather have my eyes not ache from the medium I'm reading from.

stallman.org/amazon.html

oh yikes, oof. whats a car. oof oof oof

Attached: default.gif (426x571, 2.52M)

I believe the post you're replying to was commenting more on the book existing on Amazon's DRM-laden platform and format rather than it costing money. Stallman is known to hate Amazon.

I thought it was a Palm pda at first.

Attached: file.png (402x500, 218K)

why

meant for
?

ebooks have different screens which are much better than phones for reading books because they don't emit light.
>$1000
you mean $120 kindle and $30 mp3 player, if not less.

except the screen is shit for reading books and the battery only lasts a day or two while the ereader goes on for months.
>what is a e-ink display the post

Check the post I was replying to again, user

I think he replied to the wrong one. another guy missed the irony of a book about software freedom and richard stallman being available on amazon kindle and asked a question regarding capitalism and free software.

>I would much rather have my eyes not ache from the medium I'm reading from.
Use f.lux or something like it.

E-ink displays aren't nearly as important as you think they are.

You have never used one. It is weird how I know that right?

Yeah, my bad

>not just buying books for practically pennies on thriftbooks
pathetic.

Honestly it's more personal preference than anything. I use pic related but still prefer to read long texts on an e-ink display

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-07 16.56.45.png (950x706, 41K)

They can be very small and because of that easier to take with you for a run than a phone.
E-ink though

E-ink. Do people just not know about them anymore or something?

I actually have used one. I had a Kindle for three years. People were fawning over how great the display was and it really wasn't that great. The battery life was a plus but really it just felt like another thing to take care of.

OHMAHGAWD E-INK IS TEH BEST THING EVAR!!!1

Attached: soy reddit wojak.png (199x254, 5K)

But isn't the audio quality better on newer devices? Also:
>implying anyone here would go for a run rather than shitpost about trannybooting their X200

I wouldn't say that but it's better for reading for sure.
If you're going for a run, having pristine audio quality isn't probably a huge concern. And yeah I was thinking of reasons why anyone would have a separate audio player.

Hahaha imagine being this retarded

BASED

pretty sure zoomers know what kindles are. it's not exactly an obscure brand...

Kindles spy on users and implement DRM.

LG DACs are garbage; this is a marketing meme
t. V20 owner

looks like you are a zoomer yourself if you think a kindle is boomer tier

Chitty chitty bang bang, chitty chitty bang bang

WE LOVE YOU

how would that confuse a zoomer?

wait how is an ebook reader and a mp3 player gonna confuse the zoomer?
elaborate please

i mean, unless its one of those pre standard pedal layouts where the break pedal is behind your ass and the throttle is on the steering wheel, its gonna be fine

kindle is boomer tier
literally the only people i see using them

>E-ink displays aren't nearly as important as you think they are.
try reading on a phone outside, or in bed, or on the couch, casually, sometimes for hours
on a phone, a screen half the size (atleast) of any proper E reader and a reflective screen that just sucks battery if you have it on for any prolonged time

Plenty of ebook readers are sold new right now, how would this confuse zoomers?

implying op goes running

I did a book report on a Stallman book because I figured it'd be free and it was in the iBook store

>tfw no dinner at Aqua with Helen

amazon.com/Kindle-eReader-eBook-Reader-e-Reader-Special-Offers/dp/B0051QVESA/ref=sr_1_12?keywords=kindle&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1567915459&s=warehouse-deals&sr=8-12

haha dumb zoomers

The fuck is so special about E ink?

It mimics paper

My phone works perfectly fine. I will just spend some bucks on a good Dap and then I have everything I need.

Stallman's biography is under the GNU Free Documentation License. This means that anyone can redistribute it.
It probably isn't Stallman selling it on Amazon. It even says "Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC".

best e reader for books?

>kindle
indeed

Likebook mars

Pretty expensive but I guess they didn't specify a price range