Work at what you love and you will eventually come to hate it

>Work at what you love and you will eventually come to hate it.
Programmers is this true I see alot of burnt out and depressed programmers where I work on 200k salary's.

Attached: Capture.png (808x837, 1.19M)

It's true when you have a job doing it because jobs are unnatural, mechanized, dishonest, slavery-like environments that will make anything no matter how fun into a nightmare
I'm a self-employed programmer and I've been doing it for 15 years and enjoy it as much as I ever did, because I can work on what I want, when I want

Work doing what you love and soon you won't love anything

Alot of people doing freelance gigs will accept anything and end up doing shit they hate. Job has a continued guaranteed salary. If you get your money from your own software then congrats.

Freelancing is not entrepreneuring. You're not a real true business owner. You don't have any vision.

based & true

Attached: Capture.png (428x445, 145K)

and as a result you ended up posting on Jow Forums as a boomer, cringe as hell my dude

Funny enough I actually am. I own a marketing software. I don't hate it or love it. I like it but somedays are shit.

Where did I say I was a freelancer? Being a freelancer is just as bad as having a job, you have to deal with shitty clients and you constantly have to be looking for work, you don't pick and choose

true. takes about 2 years until I started to hate my job

Attached: 1567387283738.jpg (288x288, 12K)

Also freelancers earn 20 percent what they would at a decent software job. Plus no carrier path and competing with a third world programmers

If you are a good freelancer you can earn just as much as a regular worker, but I think then you're considered a "consultant"

You usually need several years at a senior position to be considered a consultant.

Tech support.
That's exactly it.
I like to help people and configure pbx but not only it's underpaid but you also gwt overworked like a dying cow, but they now male me treat mobile phones, tv, connected watches and freezers.
People are shit and I want to bring an ar15 to work every fucjing single day.
And go to each ficjing secretary I have to help and rape the shit out of her, make her eat the shit and cut her head off and see if it balances on my dick.
I'm also druvk and fucj fbi and dgsi. Come arest mr see if I care at least I won't have to pay my mortgage.

good thing I've always fucking hated programming and only do it for the money then

Programming is interesting and engaging and I strive to be better at it but I wouldn't say it's something I love.

I love problem solving so that's the closest it could get.

My actual loves like music and art are things I would never pursue professionally.

Partially, yes.
I started programming as a hobbyist. I loved it.
So I figured "i should just do this for work" so I went to school, got a job, then after about a year I found that I couldn't write a single line of code on my own time. I was exhausted.
After year 2, I began to actively dislike programming.

Sometimes I think about changing fields so I can have my hobby back.
I tried to cope instead by finding other hobbies.

Attached: 1511301953619.png (509x411, 18K)

That's why I don't want to work as a programmer.
I like programming, but I don't think it would be a good job for me, it would get so fucking tiring after a year or two.
Most IT jobs are comfier jobs, especially the ones where you don't stay the entire work shift looking at a single computer screen ant typing until you get carpal tunnel.

Contractor is the word you're looking for

I think so, since the Army is the only place I've seen 20 year old males moan and bitch about having to go shoot machine guns all day.

uugghhhh. that hurt

>I'm not really a programmer, I just pretend to be one because I work in the same building as real programmers.

The Army is competent at two things:
killing people
taking the fun out of everything

What? How the fuck did you get that out of my post?
I don't pretend to be one, because I don't work as a programmer and I don't want to.

there are many factors at play.
some old programmers love it.

Based, that's what I did, went into system administration. Much more interesting work, more challenges to tackle, and I don't have to deal with shit legacy code or hard deadlines. I make the same as I would as a programmer, and I still do programming in my own time for fun.

This

And also this.

For a couple years of my life I had a reasonably successful shareware program. Since then I've bounced between FT and freelance and I've fucking come to hate computers and programming and wish I had chosen anything else.

The really sad thing is that I once loved it.

This amount of cope.

Yes. This shit is true.

The problem is that tech is ran by non-tech business executives who don't see us anymore than cogs.

Open layout workplaces are like rat nests, we're overworked, and squeezed out of our enthusiasm by grifter managers.

I've heard this before, but I don't believe that.
As long as you're always getting better, you will never grow tired of it.
It's only when you stagnate that it becomes monotonous.

Doing a job you "love" is a meme.
Doing a job that fills a niche somewhere and is secretly way easier than everyone else's jobs is the dream.

Massive cope ITT
do you think Nolan and Tarantino hate their jobs?

yes, in fact most people have portions of their jobs they hate.
Its very normal.
I would even go as far as saying there are 3 basic types of job categories.
job you love
job you are good at
job you make good money at
Most people settle for a mix of job they are good at and make good money at.
Most people cant find a job they love,make money, and are good at.

that's a boy

I don't love so that's okay.

why don't you ask those people why they continue to work? Do they have responsibilities so they have to keep that 200k coming in? If that is the case, then their problem is responsibility, not their job.

cute thot

You never have to deal with any clients at all? What kind of software do you make?

>don't pretend to be one, because I don't work as a programmer and I don't want to.

But you pretend that you know what programmers do.

I sell a plataform to outsource IT jobs, and every job outsourced means less bullets in the hands of incels like you.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get the job?
Did it take a while? What kind of portfolio do you need?

t. new NEET looking to do what I love

Cope

>>Work at what you love and you will eventually come to hate it.
Famliarity breeds contempt.

>be TS
>literally travel 80km every day to fix shit up in inlands
>sometimes all i do is literally unplug and plug ethernet cables
Every day is a constant struggle between deciding to off myself or not.

Sounds comfy desu

>how did you get the job?
I went on Indeed and searched for programming-related terms, picked one that sounded interesting, filled out an application, and went to an interview.

Sauce on that tranny?

>software developer for 24 years
The wonder and joy does wear off. If it didn't pay so well I would change to something else. I'm thinking about trying to transition to management, but that's risky. It's easier but less essential. Every corporation purges every 5 years. Developers are the last to get cut during belt tightening. In 24 years having dozens of coworkers I've only ever seen 2 developers be fired and they both found jobs immediately.

It's a stable and high paying job. If you can do it, its the most secure job a person can have.

take the risk

I don't hate programming I hate the software that people write.

Different user but I fell into programming by accident. I'm 42. I had a data entry job when I was 18. One of the programmers liked my work ethic. He took me under his wing and taught me how to program without pay. I came in every day at 6am without pay and he would teach me one new unix command every day.

Things grew from there. I don't think people do shit like that anymore. I don't think anybody does the master/apprentice thing anymore.

Learn Javascript and sql. They are both in very high demand and you may be able to find a job without a degree.

>The wonder and joy does wear off. If it didn't pay so well I would change to something else. I'm thinking about trying to transition to management, but that's risky. It's easier but less essential. Every corporation purges every 5 years. Developers are the last to get cut during belt tightening. In 24 years having dozens of coworkers I've only ever seen 2 developers be fired and they both found jobs immediately.
>
>It's a stable and high paying job. If you can do it, its the most secure job a person can have.

Wouldn't you get paid more in the long run for management IT jobs, like IT director or that sort of thing?

They program.

Dealing with a couple regular clients over an extended period of time is different than dealing with a huge range of different clients day by day or week by week

I like what I do, the only thing I really hate is the minutia of meetings and lack of autonomy. Luckily, I have plenty of autonomy and don't have a trove of meetings to attend where nothing gets done.

I do appreciate a context switch though, as much as I like tinkering on the same thing for a week, it's nice to just say, fuck this I want to do something else for awhile.

Helps that when I come home I don't program more. I only ever bother with stuff at home if there's something that really interests me for some reason.

like he said the turnover rate is a lot higher. it's common for companies to change managers every 2 to 5 years