We had laptops with 1400x1050 even before Windows XP was released...

We had laptops with 1400x1050 even before Windows XP was released. How in the fuck did a shit resolution like 1366x768 survived into the 2020s?

Attached: 8E53B685-67DB-4C45-A848-2ACA2A1556A4.jpg (425x437, 28K)

The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

Because Windows manufacturers don't give a fuck about quality.

Fuck Windows, fuck Bill, & fuck Windows.

just get a fucking job already, you degenerate

It's cheap and most people don't need more. On the other hand, we now have excellent IPS, MVA, and even AMOLED screens instead of ye olde 50 shades of blue.

Back then they also had shit resolutions like 640x480

768p survives to this day because normies think it's good enough @ 100% resolution scale.

Yeah but _all_ 768p panels are TN garbage.

My work provided Dell Latitude is 14-inch 1366x768 IPS and it's ok. If it was 1600x900 however it would be perfect.

A lot of them are IPS like some chromebooks. Plus, modern TN > old TN.

>How in the fuck did a shit resolution like 1366x768 survived into the 2020s?
Capitalism is the culprit. Why extend the benefits of technological innovation to the peons? It could be done, easily, and it wouldn't be that much more expensive. But that's the thing: it isn't the cheaper option, it is the more expensive option to provide a better resolution. So they won't. They don't care if the peons' eyes hurt as a result

You can make like a communist and stop buying devices you don't like.

Excellent, so I'll just buy MacBook

>huh huh don't like it, don't buy it
>vote with your wallet
>bro, I only buy fair trade because I am against exploitation
>bro, I only buy 1080p displays at minimum because I am against inferior products and this will surely stop the inferior products if I do it enough
Let us all recollect how all keyboards used to be more durable and of higher quality and then shit rubberdome membrane keyboards took over 95% of the keyboard market.

Your worldview is a shit

>IBM thinkpad r50p
>4:3 ips 2048x1536
>2k in 2003

Attached: 28562-tp-r50p.jpg (380x456, 26K)

so glad im not the only one who doesn't understand the whole 'vote with your wallet' mentality

One reason is the impact on battery life for higher resolutions.

OP posted a machine that often comes with a 1366x768 IPS screen

The r50p itself is a pretty uncommon machine, I wonder how many were actually equipped with that screen from the factory. The number is probably below 1000

It's good enough for most people.

Attached: 1366x768.jpg (1366x768, 320K)

we did vote with our wallets, though
every cheapout and corner they cut did not affect their sales at all
people don't buy laptops for their specs they buy them because they're a certain price point that they had in their head when they started looking
the only factor being shilled now is weight, everything else is irrelevant

It displayed 16:9 video content without black bars, was at least 768px tall, and was labeled HD so normies ate it up.

Because cheapo $300 laptops have it

One of the reason why business laptops still have with shit screens is that most people use them with the dock and external monitors anyway, the screen is only used in emergencies while traveling

More importantly why is 16:9 the standard? Honestly it fucking sucks ass.

Because muh media consumption
3:2 is damn fine

My mac has 2560x1600 display as a base model

How is this a windows problem??
Also microsoft laptops are the ones to have the superior 3:2 aspect ratio nowadays.

Because they don't set a standard for OEMs. But mostly because what I mean is, that MacOS computers don't have this problem of shit quality screens.

Also, Windows is incredibly ugly. I can't take it. It's disgusting looking. Windows ads make me sick.

How can Bill let this happen. W7 was kino. W10 is repulsive.

Mac computers are their own "ecosystem" though. Hardware manufacturers fitting their laptops with shitty screens has nothing to do with windows even if it ships with it.

Normies don't think, normies don't care.
There's no market pressure on manufacturers to make better screens.

Anybody know where I can find a standalone 1280x800 monitor of a reasonable size?

Laptops at my office are all thinkpads and elitebooks plugged into a hub with 3 monitors.

because Microsoft refuses to license windows cd keys to devices with a resolution below 1366x768

>1366x768
>1024x768

>literally the same number of vertical pixels I used in the late 90s

Thinkpads used to always offer high res screen options in the early 2000s. Most of their models had 1600x1200 options and even the R50p had a 2048x1536 panel.

It wasn't until Lenovo took over where most of them have been low res garbage.

You can use an XPS 13 display in the x220. I've upgraded my x220 quite a bit including Corebooting, upgrading to an AC WiFi chipset and upgrading to 16gb of RAM. My next upgrade I think will be the display.

If it has bass you should slap it

because Microshart dragged their heels on hidpi forever, which made Windows at high resolution impractical

At some point screens will stop increasing their resolutions because there are limits to human eyes' resolution.

apple reached that with the retina display

fpbp

also why are there mega ultra 8k resolution smartphone screens?

Does PPI even matter to you people?

Бaceд.

1024x576 is best

>256GB SSD
>250GB HDD

>almost literally the same number of bytes I used in the mid 00s

IBM plz come back

wrong pronunciation of based. should probably be something like Бecд

"byesd"?

Spec boner size comparison

Бэйзды

pronounciation of based is /ˈbāst/, what i replied to would be /based/ (latin to cyrillic works by making it be phonetically equivalent when pronounced).
see for a probably more correct one, probably real russian user. im just a scrub that happens to know some basic cyrillic

using it literally right now, it's the best res for small laptops. I can go up to 1600x900 but I cant see shit on that on a 14" screen.

bahahahaha based

dumb fag

бэйcдъ

its funny because its true

Attached: 1564002036142.jpg (533x624, 35K)

>the pic res

Lenovo is basically the only company still putting 1366x768 screens into their modern laptops. Everyone else has moved onto at least 1080p IPS.
It's almost like a decade ago people were calling out Lelnovo for having terrible hardware.

Attached: LUa5.gif (400x300, 445K)

Jow Forums thinks anything over 1080p is too many pixels.

Attached: -g- doesn't know shit about technology.png (1440x851, 128K)

>12/15/11

yeah it absolutely ruled not being able to play the sims 1 because you needed 800x600 minimum

based

Cheap panels for 300 dollar computers

Why does Lenovo put those 300 dollar computer panels in their 1000 dollar thinkpads?

Because fuck you lmao

1366x800 is the true master resolution

because not everybody wants a massive screen for typing shit on their keyboard.

>using broken Engrish pronunciation instead of the reasonable one
Ho, тхaнcкc.

thansks?

>that keyboard
How in the fuck we went from this to chiclet shit? Who thought this was a good idea?

because Lenovo's biggest client is Chinese government, they sell thousand of their overpriced hardware to Chinese officials who are too stupid to understand modern technology. Making cash in China to offset their deficit in the western market, smart! No wonder why chinese are calling it an American company.