Stop being a dick

I've recently moved to Arch and after four years "living" in the computer science environment. I knew about Arch's reputation of noob hating but man. Literally every post in the "Newbie Corner" of Arch Forums has a MOD, which is someone who's supposed to help users and care for the community, noob hating or being somehow rude to a beginner. I mean, the post is in the god damn Newbie Corner, have a little bit of respect for your fellow humans.

So please make this monumental effort and just answer what people ask without sarcasm or bullying. This is serious guys. (Ubuntu's community is a great example of how you don't need to be a dick :)

This discussion extends to all areas in computing. Stop being a dick, we've all been (and will always be) noobs.

Attached: archlinux-logo-dark-90dpi.ebdee92a15b3.png (600x199, 11K)

ok reddit

Install gentoo

read the god damn wiki, retard

That was very rude. Have a nice day my friend :)

>not a single forum post of evidence

Thanks for copying this text from reddit.

You are a seething faggot

Some people are not willing to technically compromise for your sensibilities, this is something you need to learn and move back to Ubuntu where they're doing the whole tolerance experiment with their tech. My highest recommendation is to not bring sensibilities from communities like Ubuntu into those like Arch, Gentoo is a little friendlier for example, but in Arch they make it clear the OS comes first and foremost.

arch definitely has one of the least helpful communities, in a very specific way where they actually try not to help you

You mind if I steal this?

I've read through their beloved "wiki" and its poorly written. I was able to install arch by piecing together the info I needed through various google searches and forum searches, rather than get anything useful out of their shit wiki. I do enjoy Arch though, but I do not involve in their community at all.

you sound like a pussy, but I agree.
It's because arch users are all high schoolers who need to preserve their linux guru self-image, even though arch is one of the easiest distros to use.

I agree.

Kow quality bait

mods are supposed to moderate, not help your autistic ass

i've used arch for the last 7 years and have not used their forums except the few times i got there as a result of an internet search for a problem which happens to link into it
the wiki should sort you out for all but the most obscure issues
i can't speak for the arch forums, since i'm completely unfamiliar with them, but can you post some examples of dickish behaviour?

cringe

>Ubuntu's community is a great example of how you don't need to be a dick
Ubuntu comunity is literally worse than windows forums, it's full of noob niggermonkeys that don't actually understand the problem they are trying to help with but post nontheless.
Arch forum is often useless, but if that's the price of gatekeeping, I'm more than willing to pay it.

>arch is one of the easiest distros to use.
dude, this is precisely why i use arch, it's definitely the easiest distro i've used
there's always going to be some teenager who thinks he's hot shit with any distro, lets be honest here, using anything but windows is already a step most people don't take

>the OS comes first and foremost.
That why Samba has been broken on Arch for what seems like years?

which part of samba?

works for me

What do you mean broken?
It works fine.

Debian > Arch

translation:
"oh boy i sure love outdated packages!"

File transfers are broken You only get what i would call USB2.0 speeds. About 10MB/s
Full gigabit network with every device in 1GB mode.
Apparently it has been that way for a while.
Switch to Ubuntu you get a constant 90-100MB/s I love Arch but this is starting to piss me off.
Oh and yes i have the "Fixed" network drivers installed.

i doubt A mods browse here, they all seem more like redid

can confirm. some of their head members in the chat are complete faggots

arch is a universal os
debian is not

working fine here
>Oh and yes i have the "Fixed" network drivers installed.
no idea what this refers to

pic related, copying from my desktops' shared ramdisk folder to my laptops' own ramdisk

Attached: a.png (406x236, 20K)

>NOOO it's older so it's baddd it doesn't matter if it works see this has a really old bug my new version doesn't, ops, somebody fucked up upstream and I'll get blamed for it, better start googling the forums quick to see how to fix this
I like Arch but you archtards need to get a clue about why stable distros are necessary and used.

I think those who want something Arch-like will eventually find Arch.

>computer science

I hope this is bait you fucking reddit cancer gamedev wannabee noob nigger

It's copy pasted from a basedboy crying on reddit

lmao fuck you i spilled my coffee

>I've recently moved to Arch and after four years "living" in the computer science environment.
>search this sentence
>first result is a reddit post
>OP literally copied a reddit post and posted it here

ok Jow Forumseddit

>universal os
>only runs on x86_64
ok lol

I never used newbie corner even when I was an arch noob.

Being a noob is 1 thing. Being a techlet is a completely different thing.

Attached: techlet.png (287x176, 8K)

Install Void Linux

So the green parrot guy sent you to Arch Wiki?

Redditfags should kill themselves