Why is there still no good Linux desktop environment that looks good out of the box?

Why is there still no good Linux desktop environment that looks good out of the box?

Attached: 1539662289099.png (1000x700, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

trello.com/c/Q6JYXPPs/22-gnome-shell-performance-stuttering-and-missed-frames
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

customize

You're weak. I laugh at you.

GNOME

There are thousands of Linux distros and customization options, what is the Aspect you are looking for user?

>why does no DE cater to my preferences
because you'd rather your system look good than run well? Those two things can go hand in hand but the moment you start customizing, your system becomes a small dog instead of a work environment.

Attached: 60633003.jpg (640x640, 125K)

KDE with breeze looks good, no?

>using a "desktop environment"
Use Openbox, xfce4-panel and Compton
also kill yourself you wojack posting faggot

That's a fox

GNOME has a modern and convenient look. The problem is that it may use a little much ram.

>install xfce
>get nice wallpaper
>get nice WM theme off xfce-look
>make taskbar transparent
>turn off flat buttons
>???
>profit

Foxes are a type of canine

newest ubuntu, like the aesthetic reminds me of 2008 chrome. so comfy. I don't understand the xwindow, gnome, wayland w/e shit these gtards complain about.
I like bash and like productivity, so I installed 19.04 on april of this month. I haven't tinkered with the OS since then.
I do basic webdev, assignments, python, C, js and java programming on my machine. I also watch youtube and the weekly anime on my machine. I don't play games or do video editing.

Attached: desktop.png (3840x2160, 814K)

That doesn’t mean that it’s a dog

Because freetards are absolutely incompetent. I installed Ubuntu in my brothers laptop, and he questioned why was I making him suffer with that. Ubuntu looks like ass out of box. I don't even bother anymore, I use MBP now.

ok mr. linux fanboy
I want you to do these three things, in order :
>press CTRL + ALT + T to open the terminal
>type glxgears then press enter(install if not already installed)
>obverse the stuttering
Stuttering has absolutely NOTHING to do in any sort of real time system software that is of quality. And as a general rule on Linux : if they have vsync, they do stutter.

Are you sure you would ever be satisfied? What are you currently using? Why not install Xfce or KDE and dedicate an hour or two into making them look how you want?

Attached: 35894036_p0.jpg (500x869, 62K)

looks fine to me

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-08 17-52-43.png (1920x1080, 1.1M)

>glxgears
again I don't use it for gaming or video rendering, I am not worried about some edge case. if that is important to you don't install gnome based linux distros.
the point of my post was to display my workflow and the distro I use. I am not a fan boi of ubontoo either, i just find it better than windows. honestly would have bought a mac, but they have gone to shit, since I started making money (>2015), even thought about buying an older mac.

Desktop environments are trash, use a WM instead

this is actually a good question, why don't the environments come pre-riced with several theming options?

doesn't seem like the sort of thing that would be hard to do

here you go, looked pretty snappy to me

Attached: meh.png (2155x488, 112K)

You think I use Linux for looks? I've used Debian for 10 years and I don't even change Xfce's theme nor icons. I need to get shit done and no updates fucking it and on that end, Debian is so much better than Windows that is laughable.
>Linux
Is a kernel, not an OS.

glxgears is bloat
did it anyways no stuttering

Just install CDE.

Attached: cde-donner.jpg (1280x1024, 375K)

it's a small dog.

That's hot.

you seem to be triggered at other people's satisfaction. did tux touch your pp and gnu lick your butthole when you were a kid?

because linux is only good for headless servers

i moaned

It used to be the standard UNIX desktop environement. All the major UNIXes used it, even some non-UNIX OSes used it like OpenVMS did use a similar environement.

Gentoo looks great out of the box. Fuck outta here...

> good
> nietzsche transvaluation of values

elementary, gnome, kde all look fine out of the box
Xubuntu's XFCE also looks good without any extra work

I blame gtk for not having themes supported, they are hacked on apparently which is a mistake.

just spend half an hour to download adapta or numix theme and a decent icon pack like papirus and setup xfce with it now stop crying like a little bitch.

You are in denial.
Again, projecting, I just find it retarded that people recommend software without proof of their claims, while with my test you can check again, and again, and again again that i'm saying the truth(unless the newer version magically fixed everything, afaik this isn't the case and there's a microfreeze on the newer ubuntu stable version every few secs at 144hz), this dumb behavior is self-damaging, as you are perpetuating a cycle where the software's flaws and outright bugs are left unfixed while Jean-Johnny from IBM is jacking off to anime pics in his office and removing yet another feature from GNOME. Using GNOME as it is right now with the stuttering is more embarassing for yourself than anything.

>Short version :People tend to rate software more with their own first impressions than with real benchmarks of the software's quality.

Attached: haskellengland.jpg (633x599, 57K)

trello.com/c/Q6JYXPPs/22-gnome-shell-performance-stuttering-and-missed-frames
More proof for unconvinced anons

I gayme on Linux Mint, and get the same or better performance as I do on Windows (I dual boot).

Deepin DE looks pretty good OOTB, there were privacy concerns in the past though but I think that was with Deepin OS and has since been resolved.

Attached: dcc-2.png (1440x900, 1.47M)

Because you're so unique and quirky and none of the current DE designed for normies couldn't possibly satisfy your superior aesthetic taste. Right?

Attached: 1564590692365s.jpg (250x241, 7K)