Sysdeps: dl_platform detection effectively performs "cripple AMD"

the current form of the implementation[1] limits two "good" sets of modern SIMD instructions to Intel processors only, preventing competitor CPUs with equivalent capabilities to fully perform, something that should not happen in any free software package. This feels quite like a flashback to the icc/mkl "cripple AMD" routine from 2009

sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=24979

seems like nothing has changed for intel

Attached: 052.png (672x794, 422K)

SHUT UP YOU STUPID GOY

Why should AMD receive intel optimisations for free, out of thin air?

Attached: 1492139297054.jpg (752x548, 282K)

This just shows how deeply fucked intel's 10nm and upcoming architectures are if they still feel they need to resort to this. They have zero confidence in being able to compete with AMD fairly.

Imagine if you built a road sponsored by Intel that purposefully raises spikes and causes severe tire damage if an AMD car drives by.

Not an argument

Lack of optimisation =/= pessimisation

>fairly
You don't understand capitalism.

makes an agnostic routine on a FREE enviroment
people found out its not so agnostic afterall

>HURR DURR WHY SHOULD AMD GET ACCESS TO X86 ROUTINES

>FREE
Hey you can always go and customize code for your AMD cpu.

>Free software
>Why should it be free
No idea user

do you even understand that it offers access to avx 512 but it specifically KILLS amd cpu's from doing so?

If it's free software, go and fork it.

>prevents the competitor to use an ISA that both made on a FREE SOFTWARE
>WHY SHOULD THE COMPETITOR USE THE ISA THEY BOTH MADE ON A FREE SOFTWARE!!!111!!!

Cry louder. I showed you a solution to this problem. I thought you freetards were all big and tough, ready to apply your rights.

>i showed you a solution for a problem that should have never existed

good laugh

Keep daydreaming while reality surpasses you.

>"genuine Intel 386" electric boogaloo
None of this surprises me. They can't just pay off OEM's like the 90's and 00's.

Attached: 1382255568072.jpg (1600x900, 295K)

Nothing AMD has AVX512, Haswell has AVX2, but Zen emulates it by splitting it into 2 128-bit ops which gives no performance advantage just compatibility. Zen 2 has full AVX2 but the update was made years before it came out.

>status: unconfirmed
wait till it gets confirmed before posting your own "bug," faggot

Enjoy your billion dollar fine. :)

?

Intel is literally sinking. Their 10nm is the biggest node disaster in history.

>muh nanameeeters
How come a 30nm i7 still runs fine? Fucking dumb ass shills I swear.

TRANSISTORS DON'T MATTER

>it's over, Intel is finished
People were screaming the same dumb shit about Sony years back. Intel got their engineers in gear. Even if the shareholders refuse to take responsibility for their actions, they will be fine in the long run.

Transistor count does. Transistor size doesn't. Enjoy 7nm while I enjoy SIMD.

Enjoy your pozzed SSD speeds lmoa

Attached: 1564058514889.jpg (1159x697, 69K)

Oy vey, the goyim know!

>patching FUD
Okay lol

>hurrr durrr durr intel durrr amd durrr
this argument is fucking retarded and anyone who tries to validate it is equally braindead

Let’s be honest the average ayymd user is a degenerate who isn’t being productive. Replace that normie guy with an underweight tranny with a commie flag hanging up, living in squalor and on the monitors there’s anime and discord open

>Replace that normie guy with an underweight tranny
>discord open
That's funny, since there was actually a tranny Discord pro-Intel shilling channel that was uncovered a while ago on Jow Forums.

Fork you

This.

>This.

Attached: 1560228829446.png (519x543, 151K)

It's Randian freaks that don't understand the world.

*ahem*

_mm512_storeu_epi8(&OP, _mm512_broadcast_i32x8(_mm256_broadcastsi128_si256(_mm_shuffle_epi8(_mm_movpi64_epi64(_mm_setr_pi8(102, 117, 99, 107, 32, 97, 109, 100)), _mm_set_epi8(7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0)))));

Attached: 1541015540992.jpg (511x658, 34K)

>it's free
>why would you want it free goym
oy

fuck off stupid goy

Cope

Don't worry GNU GCC already optimized for SSE5

NO, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, ALL WE DO IS HELO OEMS WITH TEAMS OF DEVELOPERS
YOU MUST UNDERSTAND!

Cant wait until Trump loses so this kind of hate speech is finally illegal

You must have an Incel processor, hows all that gaymeing going, must be super productive. Oh wait, you wouldn't know, Incel processors can't compete with AMD doing actual workloads.
Back to the cuck shed Luke.