Do you turn off your ad blocker for websites you want to support?

Do you turn off your ad blocker for websites you want to support?

Attached: 1290068946.png (493x402, 6K)

no

I don't support any sites.

I do not support the abusive practice of modern web advertising, full stop. So no.

If I really want to support a site I just donate.

Fuck capitalism.

No, I just do premium subscription stuff. I will never willingly look at another ad in my life.

No.
And if a website has an adblocker-blocker I leave immediately instead of disabling.

Yes

Lol are you kidding me? Advertising is soul poison. If a site has a way to directly give them money I do it.

nope, ads are shit, the internet is worse than early late 90's early 00's popup/malware hell and everyone seems a-okay with it. fuck that. I'll do a premium subscription though.

Yes, I would but there isn't even one worth doing it

Attached: 1558643797236.jpg (154x250, 27K)

>allowing mystery code from sleazy advertising nosebergs to run at all
of course not, don't be fucking retarded

web sites could serve ads from their own domains and then it'd be really hard to block them but the ad networks don't trust the site owners so you have to run tracking bots and shit when you load a page

sites which put inline ads in the content will win, everybody else keeps paying google for ads nobody even sees

Yes, actually only thepiratebay

I don't support advertising at all so no.

Obviously.

Going cray with adblockers will cause only more clickbait shit and subscriptions.

blocking ads is my god-given right and I would rather die than whitelist a site

no because fuck the internet

There are no sites I want to support so no.

pfbb

>Do you turn off your ad blocker for websites you want to support?
No

imagine being so autistic that you actively think about whether or not you should turn off your ad-block after turning it on. LMAO

Attached: 1567804040717.jpg (540x651, 152K)

that's it.

No because I have the right to control what domains my browser connects to.

I've done that in the past for sites that have non-retarded advertising. Too bad nobody does that any more.

I don't trust that some 3rd party advertiser won't serve up some malicious ad.

I do if they ask nicely

Only if their ads are non-intrusive, and if I visit the site often enough that it makes an appreciable difference.
So far it's only Duolingo.

no, too lazy

I have my ad blocker set to allow “acceptable ads” and block the flashy/spammy ones.

Do you let the waiter at your favorite restaurant spit in your food?

Most of the time, if you directly give them moeny they give you the free ads website

> Whitelist

Racist. The correct term is allowlist.

No. Then I would be vulnerable to malware attacks in the advertising networks.

No, I just pay to visit websites I do use that aren't already behind a paywall. I buy merchandise often as well.

Pause it occasionally only on Tom’s Hardware.

>acceptable ads
Does it allow google ads tho?

Only if they use dumb ads, then i dont care but when it's loaded using some super obfuscated js bullshit then i would rather leave or just wget the page for the info i need

if you want to. why are you asking us?

I come from a time when ad's were completely unsafe.

Attached: bonzi.jpg (801x603, 168K)

Never. If a site blocks access with anti adblockers, I simply never go to that site ever again.

>mid 2000s gramps
fuck off boomer

>Adblock blocker

Yeah fuck that. I just close the site instead.

Sure I could fiddle with greasemonkey scripts to get around it but why bother? The content is likely available from many sources.

No ads are immoral.

no
for-profit web is cancer

just install an adblock-blocker blocker to block the adblock blocks

depends on how annoying their ad implementation is

Wrong, all ads are immoral.

Donate button, fine. Ads, they can go choke on as many dicks they can fit...

based

a good product don't need ads.

cringe and extremely bluepilled

never, im not gonna be the one retard that got infected with malwate carried by ads because a websites ad sytem just happened to fuck up that day

how are you gonna know it exists then?

The only site i allow ads on is stillruns.com because i want it to stay up

Attached: pepper-spray-cop.gif (482x239, 361K)

do you poison yourself if you trust the poison company?

>t. drugdealer

I have a few websites on my adblock whitelist.
So yes sometimes I disable adblock.

No.

no. the internet was never meant to be a platform for ads and trackers until (((they))) decided it should and (((they))) can go fuck themselves. and i block my shit at the router. fuck browser based ad blockers.

Do someone does it? Unironically question

no, I use adnausean on every site and I don't donate either

ADN still loads the ads so you're still at risk of infection.

based and truly redpilled

The hipster market will discover it themselves.

I just set up pi-hole the other day with a Pi Zero I had sitting around. Seems to be doing its job. How fucked am I by not running unbound/DNSSEC? I have an Asus router running Merlin and it seems like a bitch to set up.

it isn't just the first post that's the best post, it's the first three posts. impressive.

What's the alternative again?

mainly this, Jow Forums is the only website I support and I support it by buying a Jow Forums Pass

based