Challenge for all C faggot boomers

How long are you going to dodge this clear fact that should be apparent for everyone by now: you Cniles can't even make a text editor. You can't make anything. You are completely useless. Your unsafe language is dangerous and so are you.

Let's list concrete basic requirements now so you can't try to weasel yourself out for umpteenth time by combination of lies and referring to obscure/dead/historic projects:

1. Text editor must be written in C or in C++. Spelled out in simplest terms possible: source code must not contain any other language.

2. Text editor must have a GUI

3. Text editor must have feature parity with Microsoft Notepad

4. Source with build instructions must be available

5. Executable binary providing usable editor must be provided for Linux 4.0+ only, with Windows 10 and macOS builds as applaudable but not obligatory

6. There is no time limit for completion as software projects are never really complete. However, working and runnable version no matter how buggy is to be expected by end of October. Failure to deliver that much is failure of challenge.

7. Any attempt to weasel out of this challenge will be interpreted as surrender and silent admittance that C/C++ is useless shit language and Cniles community consists entirely of useless idiots.

That is all. Think you very smart elite C/C++ hackers can do that much with your superior programming language? Too difficult? At least try.

Attached: 2147298-akiha0[1].png (640x640, 234K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/vim/vim
github.com/qt/qtbase
wiki.qt.io/About_Qt
notepad-plus-plus.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluefish_(software)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_text_editors
github.com/vim/vim/tree/master/src
github.com/vim/vim/blob/master/src/gui.c
vimhelp.org/
github.com/vim/vim/blob/master/src/INSTALL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like cute anime girls!

Attached: dab2d405730473923d33a32e814950cd.jpg (720x742, 69K)

Your operating system is written in C/C++

no

Demonstrably false. Moreover, you cannot even write a Notepad clone in your unsafe joke of a language. See the OP for details.

Using this logic, Emacs Lisp is the best programming language ever created.

Fulfill the above requirements in Lisp then, LARPer.

>Demonstrably false
The Linux kernel and most of the GNU userland is C, Windows is C++, with some C# in userspace. macOS is C/C++ with Objective-C and Swift. If you're running Android, that's a Java runtime running on top of the Linux kernel so it also relies on C. If you run anything else you're a hipster faggot and enjoy your no support.

user, you know that vim is written in C, right?

>Demonstrably false

Are you fucking retarded?
Linux...C
Windows...C, C++, C#
OSX... C++, Objective C.

Saying "demonstrably false" without a demonstration made me lol. C was created for the purpose of writing an OS, which is it's primary purpose today.

Plenty of safe languages existed (Pascal, lisp, Fortran, COBOL) when C was created, but an unsafe language is the right tool for this job.

From SO:

Windows: C++, kernel is in C
Mac: Objective C, kernel is in C (IO PnP subsystem is Embedded C++)
Linux: Most things are in C, many userland apps are in Python, KDE is all C++

OP confirmed retard

sounds neat OP! Do you have a Notepad clone in a safe language? I'd love to see it!
I don't normally write stuff like this in C or C++ anymore but I'll give it a go.

>Demonstrably false
That's a big fucking fat lie, are you Jewish or a rust fag by any chance?
Also almost every editor is written in C. Literally the most popular including IDEs.

You did not read the OP.
Firstly:
>1. Text editor must be written in C or in C++. Spelled out in simplest terms possible: source code must not contain any other language.
Once again:
>source code must not contain any other language
Please read the OP before commenting again.
Moreover:
>7. Any attempt to weasel out of this challenge will be interpreted as surrender and silent admittance that C/C++ is useless shit language and Cniles community consists entirely of useless idiots.
I accept your concession. Even given explicit instructions to build a basic application, Cniles choose to desperately defend their idol of a language rather than build a simple Notepad clone.

Microsoft already did it for us :^)

>it's an anime zoomer claims something can't be done in

wtf anons didn't you know windows and loonix are java and rust

Attached: 1548624253748.jpg (640x392, 52K)

Vim is not written entirely in C. Try reading the OP.
>Linux...C
Nope. Try reading the OP.
>Windows...C, C++, C#
Not only is your list incomplete, but you also concede to the usage of C# despite the requirements outlined in the OP. Try reading the OP.
>Windows: C++
Objectively false. Try reading the OP.
>Also almost every editor is written in C. Literally the most popular including IDEs.
You are completely wrong. Try reading the OP:
>Text editor must be written in C or in C++. Spelled out in simplest terms possible: source code must not contain any other language.

>Text editor must have a GUI
Why do you need a gui for a text editor? Do you enjoy having niggers using your software?

me too!

Attached: 8uasjnwnpfax.png (908x908, 946K)

lookup textadept retard. also lua is written in c

Attached: gh542t25.png (512x473, 48K)

>OP still hasn't posted his notepad clone in a safe language
Confirmed astroturfing tranny

Check the github, retard. Also, Lua is not C.
I accept your concession, Cnile. Surely you can whip up a text editor in C within the month?

Probably not, its not like Im going to spend every free second I have writing a notepad clone in C
I mostly use Rust now anyways, but I'd like to try for giggles and to see how far I could get.
Just good to know that you are just shitposting to get laughs out of the larpers on Jow Forums

>Vim is not written entirely in C.
Yes it is.

I have already accepted your concession, Cnile. You and your unsafe language are completely useless as we all know already. You don't need to reply again.

No it's not. Python is not C, moron.

make me fgt

Attached: 1505946669002.png (668x698, 559K)

Where's the Python here?
github.com/vim/vim

Hey faggot have you ever considered the fact that C and C++ are just tools in a toolbox? You know use the right tool for the job? Like a noose is a tool and should be applied to your neck for the job of freeing up resources for people who aren't NEETs.

Attached: decisionSupportSystem.png (262x494, 210K)

October, i would like till January and its going to be a potential replacement for Emacs.
also im goig to use already established libs so what's the point of all this if most GUI toolkits have text input management with full control over key commands?

so op is writing his text editor in rust?

When challenged to write a simple text editor, behold the Cnile response:
>so op is writing his text editor in rust
There are countless text editors, but none that fulfill the aforementioned criteria. You would think that an undergraduate first year CS project such as this would be easily satisfied by alleged professional programmers yet Cniles predictably reply only with desperate projection and snarky dismissal.

And trannies don't reply with *any* code to their text editor
Still waiting btw

Attached: 1479593750911.png (812x806, 797K)

No it's not. Linux isn't C. It's a shitty hodgepodge of gnu specific extensions to the c language on top of standards breaking -f pragmas passed to a GCC compiler. Looks like C? Maybe, but C it is not.

Welp, I guess it's time to do the Qt 5 dance. Let's see how far I get.

Attached: 1567999296818.png (635x505, 563K)

me too

Attached: Baxter.jpg (224x224, 6K)

You won't get anywhere using JSON and Python. Try reading the OP.

Qt is C++.

Not that I'm a cnile faggot, but there are editors in pure c that have guis. Protip btw, a terminal emulator is a gui.

No it's not.
github.com/qt/qtbase
Fork one that fulfills the requirements outlined in the OP.

How about GTK+?

I wouldn't trust github's language classification. I made something in assembly and it said it was a language I'd never heard of. You'll have to find another source.

>something in assembly
Post link.

>I made something in assembly and it said it was a language
Post link.

The challenge is outlined in the OP. You have until the end of October to post code. It's an undergraduate level project... surely your powerful language will make quick work of this task.

No, it's not related to the challenge. It's also got my name tied to it. I'm just saying the GitHub language detector is bad at its job, and you should trust the project website over a code hosting platform's algorithm:
wiki.qt.io/About_Qt

Is Makefile a language?

Attached: p.jpg (500x366, 42K)

UwU

uh oh OP...
notepad-plus-plus.org/

>Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++

yes

Yeah, and OP said C or C++
What is the issue here?

OP needs to get his act together and clarify the rules before someone writes a perfect replica of notepad only for it to be rejected because a third-level dependency uses YAML for its build process.

Attached: spongebob-ight-imma-head-out-meme.png (1000x500, 653K)

>What is the issue here?
My reading comprehension. OP is retarded.

Attached: 1567345688931.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

Doesn't fulfill the criteria. Try reading the OP.
I accept your concession.

>I accept your concession.
I pooped on your moms face, bitch. She let me do it for a (You), looks like it runs in the family.

1. NP++ is written in C++
2. NP++ has a GUI
3. NP++ far exceeds the capabilities of MS Notepad
4. Source code is available on github
>NOOOOOOO IT HAS TO BE FOR MY OS WITH 1% MARKET SHARE!!! IT DOESN'T COUNT OTHERWISE!!
6. NP++ is already done

Or if NP++ makes you throw a fit, how about
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluefish_(software)

As a side note, see
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_text_editors
Sort by programming language and you'll find C/C++ makes up the overwhelming majority of text editors

The entirety of the wine project is written in C. Wine ships with a literal notepad clone.

I guess UNIX wasn't written in C then since there was no standard and the language was extended as needed. Retard.

The language tribalism on this board is ridiculous.
>Hey guys I made a thing
>YEAH BUT WHAT LANGUAGE DID YOU USE OH NOT (MUHFAVSLANG) IT MUST BE SHIT YOU'RE SHIT GO AWAY.

I mean really OP who gives a flying fuck. The end goal is working software and if both X and Y language can do the job with similar results who gives a shit which one was used. Nobody is going to waste their fucking time appeasing your temper tantrum. You want to make a fancy editor with your warm snuggly safe language go do it. That's time better spent than coming to Jow Forums to wave your dick around.

Doesn't fulfill the requirements.
>Spelled out in simplest terms possible: source code must not contain any other language.
I can't make this any clearer to you. Download only NPP C++ files and attempt to compile them. Try reading the OP next time.

>The end goal is working software
I agree with you completely. This is why any of us on this board could easily make a notepad clone within a week, while Cniles will bitch and cry and ultimately deliver a buggy pile of shit- if anything at all. C is an unsafe and useless language and the desperate strawmen and deflections in this thread prove it.

Based. This is why I only program in Node.Javascript

>heh, nice C notepad clone. But what's this? A makefile...? Heh... Not C... Disqualified... Better luck next time...

Attached: unknown (1).png (242x266, 72K)

It's literally 100% C++. Even the stuff it depends on is also only C++
>Download only NPP C++ files and attempt to compile them
I downloaded it straight from their github, followed the two step instructions and it works perfectly.

Not only that, you've conveniently ignored that I gave a second option as well

>This is why any of us on this board could easily make a notepad clone within a week

Alright, can you put your skill where your mouth is and deliver to us a working implementation of your notepad program in the language of your choosing? If it's the language that's the problem it should be a piece of cake for you who gets to use whatever warm fuzzy tools you desire.

>using a compiler? I accept your concession

PLEASE do not shitpoat with akiha. go back to your Zoomer-Moon general

Try reading the OP next time. This isn't a hard challenge.
>2. Text editor must have a GUI
>3. Text editor must have feature parity with Microsoft Notepad
As we can see, Cniles are terrified of producing any code of their own as they know it would not even meet Jow Forums standards... thus they turn to 30 year old code that does not even meet the requirements outlined in the OP. Any undergraduate jeet could outdo these Cniles in this contest.

Any chance you can not be a nigger?

>NP++ doesn't have feature parity with MS Notepad
ok good to know you're just trolling

notepad must have some obscure shit that OP is being a little bitch about. Just spill the beans u lil biznacho

>1. Text editor must be written in C or in C++. Spelled out in simplest terms possible: source code must not contain any other language.
Here's the src folder of VIM
github.com/vim/vim/tree/master/src
> 2. Text editor must have a GUI
> 3. Text editor must have feature parity with Microsoft Notepad
vimhelp.org/
4. Source with build instructions must be available
github.com/vim/vim/blob/master/src/INSTALL
5. Executable binary providing usable editor must be provided for Linux 4.0+ only, with Windows 10 and macOS builds as applaudable but not obligatory
>6. There is no time limit for completion as software projects are never really complete. However, working and runnable version no matter how buggy is to be expected by end of October. Failure to deliver that much is failure of challenge.
ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/unix/vim-8.1.tar.bz2
7. Any attempt to weasel out of this challenge will be interpreted as surrender and silent admittance that C/C++ is useless shit language and Cniles community consists entirely of useless idiots.
>[citation needed.]

>5. Executable binary providing usable editor must be provided for Linux 4.0+
Please, do not embarrass yourselves any further.

Why?

Ever heard of Vim?

Classic illiterate Cnile. Had you read the OP you would not have made that shitpost. Also, it's funny to see you parade the fact that your ineligible citation is from 27 years ago, despite the developer hating your kind.

Try reading the OP next time.

Nigger, that's a 4 year old kernel. N A T O

If you insist on embarrassing yourself please do so in /dpt/

Bruhhh

Stop replying with the same shit over and over again if it's so obvious you're high-level coding nigger OP.

I gave you a second option since NP++ doesn't satisfy your autism. Why have you ignored it?

Isn't Emacs made in C? That has a GUI is in many ways can be more advanced then Micro$oft Notepad.

Who said Microsoft Notepad isn't made in a C-like language?

We all know who OP is pic related

Attached: 1567833678494.gif (849x458, 152K)

The RMS sticky should be replaced with Durga

I wouldn't call myself a high level coding nigger and that's not the point of the thread. The point is to crush the souls of insipid Cniggers that mindlessly parrot inadmissible garbage like and

>This binary is in machine code. Try reading the OP next time.

Seethe

You can't crush anyone's soul until you prove you're not a talent-less hack. Nobody takes you seriously.

The Windows Calculator is 97% C++ so it's entirely possible Notepad is and has been written in C/C++ for a long time. No way of proving that though the irony would be amazing.

>ask for notepad clone written in entirely C/C++
>given such a program
>"NUH UHH THAT DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE IT DOESN'T FIT ONE OF MY EXTREMELY SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS!"
>ok, then how about this other program that does fit all of those?
>"HURRRR DURRR YOU MINDLESSLY PARROT GARBAGE YOU CNIGGERS!!"

APEBRAIN STOP SAYING THAT OVER AND OVER AGAIN

Blatent troll.
Microsoft Notepad is made in C++.

I mean you still haven't explained why Emacs doesn't count.

I accept your concession.

OP you have made a fool of yourself.

Attached: thumb_this-how-white-people-smile-at-you-when-you-pass-43038761.png (300x300, 58K)

It's pronounced goo-weee, not Gee You Eye

I'm, not even a programmer