Tfw just got a copyright complaint for torrenting by my ISP

>tfw just got a copyright complaint for torrenting by my ISP
Should I be scared or is this a non-issue?

Attached: NyaaDMCA.jpg (640x360, 122K)

email them personally and tell them to suck your dick, this usually clears it up.

What did you even download retard?

Check your ISP rules but they probably operate on a three-strike system. Try not to get two more.

>not a 3 strikes and we'll stop bothering you system

This is usually the time where your ISP being a soulless corporation works out in your favor. Your ISP doesn't give a fuck, they will send you cease and desist letters to protect themselves from legal action but *that's all they usually have to do*. They don't want to shut off your Internet either.

This. We don't give a fuck. You don't even have to respond to them. Their a scam that big media sued into existence to try to make you call them, give them your info, then they'll try to sue you. Your information is protected from them via CPNI laws.
Just don't respond to them.

Some shitty Tv show

Also to add:
If you were to ever get sued, just say you didn't do it. They have no way to tell it was you behind your router on your private network. You could just say you have a guest network and you didn't do it. That holds up in court every single time.

this is horrible advice lol. not responding usually equals accepting whatever somebody is suing you for

it's smarter to just write them a letter and tell them you didn't do it

they can't prove shit. since everything is saved in your RAM (incl. legally paid streams) every single one of these laws is actually not applicable
they can't prove you haven't paid for the streams either

Non-issue. Do not respond to or acknowledge the e-mail.

It would be a complete waste of time and money to sue someone that downloaded a torrent, and on the astronomically unlikely chance that they try to bring you to court to make an example of you, you just don't show up nor acknowledge or pay any fine. They won't do shit but tuck their balls back between their legs.

isn't whoever signed the the isp contract responsible for the use of the network?

Yes, but your ISP doesn't give a shit. That person is financially responsible. Also streaming isn't illegal for the anyone but the website/computer hosting it.
You likely were caught by a honeypot while torrenting. Just use duckduckgo to stream shit if you're worried about it.
Surely though, you don't have to be worried.

Yes but the ISP doesn't give out the personal information when they receive the DMCA notices. They look up who had the IP at the time and forward it on. Nothing gets sent back to the party sending the notice. Google CPNI.

Get a VPN and a non-gay seedbox, my guy.

Attached: 1561834555421.png (500x606, 228K)

You can ignore it but if you do it enough they'll terminate your service. Happened to my uncle with Cox. Just get on private trackers or use a $3 vpn

Sure, but this is a DMCA violation alert, not a bomb threat or a pedophilia charge. These things only go anywhere if they stack up.

unless you live in a shitty third world country where nobody gives a fuck about copyright get a vpn you fucking retard

>streaming media from piracy sites
>ever
Torrent, you faggots.

If it's someone asking you for money, it's a scam.

Use peerblock and never get an ISP letter again

How the fuck do they know you were in the first place?

That's probably the one and only case where you should consider a VPN.

Pro-Tip:
Don't watch movies. Don't watch TV shows.
The are all degenerate propaganda garbage.
People who even pay for it are the ultimate cucks though.