Why can’t Linux look as good as this?

Why can’t Linux look as good as this?

Attached: E8C3E565-777D-4279-9D6C-80E06682AF3A.png (1440x900, 1.52M)

Other urls found in this thread:

2.bp.blogspot.com/-Tgp_Xsa3H_c/W82w2dPiWDI/AAAAAAAAHCM/32_3rStIRxMO9u5G0ckx1HnFfCE3e9CEgCLcBGAs/s1600/elementary-os-juno-about.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=3pL2WsBTU1c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because rose tinted glasses only help when things smell like shit

it literally can look exactly like that but this is bait isn't it
fuck you

How well does Mojave run on that core 2 duo?

linux is free sir it is the best we have sir

it literally can't look like this

You mean like Elementary OS?

Attached: elementary os.jpg (1600x900, 215K)

I feel as if you want this to be a rice thread...

no need, it can't look like this. fact.

pop! OS
Elementary OS

It looks shit on a shit machine. macs have suxed ever since Cook took over.

Solaris was the original designer! Project Looking Glass predates MacOS and that dipshit Elementry OS bullshit.

Attached: Project Looking Glass.jpg (1680x1050, 248K)

Solaris is bad tho so who cares?

Exactly what he means. Yet both aren't looking good compared to this:

Attached: IcaOXgR.png (1360x768, 1.05M)

>no window buttons
>messy info bar due
yeah no that looks like actual dogshit
also update ur fucking ubuntu tf

That's a pretty nice looking theme. Would you be willing to share your wallpaper, by chance?

you just installed the whole os for this screenshot of google searched it?

I already pointed it out in the previous thread faggot... Project Looking Glass has no, none, 0 relationship to macOS

hate laptop fags so fucking much

What? I literally found it on DuckDuckGo.

2.bp.blogspot.com/-Tgp_Xsa3H_c/W82w2dPiWDI/AAAAAAAAHCM/32_3rStIRxMO9u5G0ckx1HnFfCE3e9CEgCLcBGAs/s1600/elementary-os-juno-about.jpg

Original designer of what? You mean the dock? Mac OS is based on Nextstep, which had a dock in 1989.

Attached: ns10library.png (1120x832, 31K)

And if you never said anything bad about the chinese comunisty party, there is deepin.

Attached: image_5.png (1920x1080, 1.99M)

16.04 was the last sane version of Ubuntu.

How can I make XFCE look like that?

Deepin is the only DE to make flatshit look good.

Chicago95

yours doesn't look as good as mine though.

Attached: screenFetch-2018-12-02_16-52-09.png (1440x900, 1.15M)

Cringe

sane? they barely did any changes aside from a new, less messy-looking theme. and if you're using a different de/wm why the FUCK does that even matter?

Can't help you. I have no interest in making my computer look like a mac. I'm much happier with Cinnamon's Minty theme (not to be confused with New-Minty). Basically looks like an upgrade to W7's theme.

Not him, but I think that looks awful. But as long as you're happy, then don't change a thing.

user its not the wallpaper we are talking about.

>looks
go dilate

but can you make it look like macos?

In what way does it look different?

works well on my 2009 macbook except have to turn off transparency stuff otherwise colours look wrong

But it does look good user

Attached: Screenshot_20190909_011252.png (1920x1080, 854K)

>flat

Attached: Satanic laugh1.gif (500x491, 376K)

Why can't iJeets poo in this?

Attached: 1536930845769.png (225x225, 14K)

because linux devs are trannies

Because looking that bad takes serious effort.

Wait but actually legit question. I run Linux as my main but I have windows I boot into like twice a year because I need something and it looks better in a subtle way. What's going on here? Like even inside the browser which should be the same or the icons. Like windows and Mac render the pixels better? Idk it doesn't make sense to me because an icon should just be like a png which is the same across os.
Am I just crazy, or is there actually something different going on. I haven't dug deep into Linux, just use it for stability sake, so idk too much but is this why ppl complain about x11? Is that even what x11 is for or am I completely wrong

>ugly ass fonts with messed up sizes
>too sharp colours
>THAT nasty ass "About"
>dock looks like it's from last century
The icons on the top right corner look fine though. Also keep in mind I'm not an UI designer who cares about this shit too much, I bet a professional could find even more faults in a single picture.

Holy crap, this boomer tech looks better than most modern GUI's.

Too much useless information on top.

Now this is pretty nice, only the font is way too clunky. Also that light blue icon on the left is too bright.

>focusing on font
There's only a single font worth using, user. And that's B612 Mono Regular. If it's good enough for airlines, its good enough for you.

Aren't most pilots just sleeping during flights either way?

Do you believe everything you read online?

Given the autopilot it makes sense.

All the more important that they are able to read the font quickly and easily when an emergency happens, and they are jostled out of sleep. Wouldn't you agree?

That looks like shit though

Based elementary bro.

>pajeetOS

Attached: 1552215895682.png (828x1418, 166K)

Which isn't the same scenario as reading something for long periods of time. Verdana or Palatino seem better for that, specially given how the latter proved itself in print.

>Ctrl+F money
>no results

>associates airlines with a feeling of home
I bet you like trains and sonic too

Not at all. I haven't played a single sonic game since the Dreamcast days, and I haven't ever been on or owned a train. That said, I don't associate any font with the feeling of home. There are just two qualities of fonts for me: how good they look, and how easy they are to read. I find B612 Mono excels in both.

it looks way better

nothing will ever match this

Attached: NeXTSTEP_desktop.png (1152x900, 555K)

Stock Ubuntu looks pretty good tbqh

Attached: 68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f6d4e75306d59462e706e67.png (1920x1080, 1.37M)

how do I know you smell really bad

Prove your claim.

Why haven't you reported this advertisement thread user?

It might look OK as a static image but trying to use it pretty soon shows up the shortcomings. Most Linux distros have a token GUI as a fallback for the CLI.
It's the last thing to be added and is the least understood.
When the GUI is designed first, rather than slapped on as an afterthought, it integrates with the hardware.

Some of the icons in the dock could use some work but this is damn good UI indeed.

What is your native language?

They recently released the 0.9 version of the Latte Dock for KDE Plasma if you're interested:
youtube.com/watch?v=3pL2WsBTU1c

Weird, it runs like ass on my 2015 Macbook Pro which is at home, probably melting its way to the core right now.

That dock is the ugliest thing in the world.

Reminder to report the several Apple advertisement threads we get per day.
>oh it's not advertisement, it's just le guaranteed replies
Sure.

Now you CAN make Linux look just like that easily.

Linux is maintained by mentally ill/OCD/autistic/sjw/trannies/druggies people who have no concept of design. Just look at their personal grooming habits and you will realize the answer to your question.

>set wallpaper
>hide bar and icons
what now

wow youre a tremendous faggot

>4gb with Mojave
ouch, it's slow even with 16 and a few programs open

16.04.1 doesn't have lots of security patches

STFU NERD, it's okay to be bloat when it's OSX cuz this will get me laid anytime now.

Linux DEs would look way better on average if they would stop trying to copy Mac.

Use MATE with the Cupertino layout and some fagOS skin and it'll look exactly the fucking same.

true just admitting you're crap is much better than trying to emulate.

Why does it look so cluttered and ugly? Is this was macfags pass as ok?

The flag of india looks like an anus, and putting it on the apple logo only highlights that fact.

Cause I only need some terminal windows to get work done I'm no longer a middle schooler that is impressed with colorful icons and fancy window effects you manchild.

Attached: IMG_1253.jpg (1971x1971, 450K)

you can make gnu+linux look like your shitty os if you want to for some reason
and at least post mac os 10.9 or older if you wanna say that something looks good
linux is a kernel and not an os btw

Used that shit on a borrowed MacBook Pro for an exam, wasn't ever more relieved to get back to Ubuntu and even Windows 10.
macOS is a horrible meme, would give ipadOS a try for the exclusive music production apps at most.

Are they going to implement a global menu?

>i did not understand how to use it
>it's bad

I mean it looks good but one bar at the top and another one at the bottom is such a waste of space on a laptop

Dock looked like that in Mac like 6 visions ago and icons look like what Chinese iOS wannabe ROMs do. The top bar has no global menu. Colors, shading, buttons look more like android 2.3 than Mac. I don't know why Elementary OS is compared to Mac so much it's not that similar, ubuntu with unity was a lot more Mac-like this

>I don't know why Elementary OS is compared to Mac so much it's not that similar
Because idiots see annything with a top bar and a dock at the bottom and immediately think of macOS. Put the same two things on any DE and retards will think the same of it.

Seconded. Ubuntu, be it Gnome or Unity, is already good enough for average user. It looks good and has all the utilities they need. Now, if only it came preinstalled on laptops and PCs, it would become a major OS. The only reason my parents' laptop runs Windows is because Skype doesn't work on linux.

You can do it on Linux Mint.

Attached: macbuntu.jpg (1366x768, 85K)

>this looks same for gnutards

Yes but not the system tray icon.

Because neckbeards can't into UI/UX design.
Autistic programmers shouldn't be responsible for UI

The bar at the top is not of necessity like in macos. The applications menu and notifications could be in the dock/panel. In elementaryOS the top bar is just a waste of space, in macOS it's for the file menu and needs to be there.

Tje same can also be said for MacOS too. So It's needed other wise macos and linux would removed it.

I'm happy with what I have and also I don't have to buy overpriced hardware for a fancy OS.
probably what you're talking about is either compositing or font rendering. MacOS has decent font rendering only for their retinas, so if you plug in some 720p monitor your eyes will start bleeding but you will never know why since everything looks normal at the first glance.
Compositing in Windows and MacOS is indeed way better than Linux: although Linux has a zoo of compositors, they're all shit and mostly can't even prevent screen-tearing. Shitty drivers for GPU also play their own role in this insane circus. For example, Nvidia blob causes my fonts and elements look blurry in KDE with no reason. My vidya is old so nobody gives a shit. Nouveau on the other hand produces 20 fps while doing everything but moving my cursor.

Attached: you.png (1366x768, 475K)

Why would you downgrade linux to looks this bad?

What? Skype is officially supported on Linux.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-09 Download Skype Free calls Chat app.png (1600x716, 570K)

>The only reason my parents' laptop runs Windows is because Skype doesn't work on linux.
Skype is natively supported.

elementaryOS looks identical to this if not better out of the box