Heh. How much do your USB cables cost, user? $1? $5? Pathetic

Heh. How much do your USB cables cost, user? $1? $5? Pathetic.

Attached: usbcables.jpg (1139x292, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thecableco.com/cables.html
lessloss.com/blackbody-p-200.html
youtube.com/watch?v=fr8O_jZhpl4
youtube.com/watch?v=bZe5J8SVCYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=dOwqyWdsWrE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What, you REALLY power your computer with those pathetic cables that came in the box?

Attached: powercord.jpg (1148x285, 52K)

This is real audiophile junk that people actually buy. Who is making this? Why do people buy this? What makes speaker cable worth $89,000? Why do you need to demagnetize your CDs?

Attached: audio shit.jpg (1140x1888, 355K)

This stuff better elevate me into the higher realms.

It eliminates electrical infetterence for good, it's worth it imo.

yeah but how much is shipping?

>At the core of Helix technology, you will find gold-plated spherical magnets. These are used in conjunction with magnetic cylinders to center the lines of flux within the magnetic pack. The closer these lines, the more exact the electron flow. This phenomenon helps to greatly reduce the distortions that arise from electron scattering. Electrons scatter for various reasons. Typically electrons prefer to remain on the outside of the conductor. Helix technology forces these electrons into the center of the conductor. High Fidelity Cables designs fundamentally change the direction of the electron itself. Electrons are forced to the middle, instead of the outside of the conductor, unlike what is seen in a traditional conductor. By utilizing these high-tech magnetic spheres, Helix technology is able to even further lower distortion.

Goddamn. The high use of buzzwords is through the roof.

literally why the fuck?
is this just some troll website?

>Hand Made Pure Tungsten AirString geometry

Good news, shipping is free! Everything in the cart costs over $191,000 but it does have free shipping.

Stick on end in your peehole and the other in your butthole and youll feel something

See for yourself: thecableco.com/cables.html

You're all smalltime. Check out this $999 "ambient field conditioner", aka an unpowered little box that improves your sound by literally just existing.
lessloss.com/blackbody-p-200.html

Attached: Blackbody-HEADER-su-juostom.jpg (737x502, 106K)

WHAT THE FUGGG

Attached: IMG_20190909_164447.png (970x535, 103K)

Not only that but they're just saying the same thing over and over again.
Spherical magnets redirect electron flow (???) to the centre of the wire.

>just make one
>someone buys it
>WE ARE RICH BOYS
how are these companies sustainable? im convinced they are the same business

Are any of these things actually better than an AmazonBasics HDMI? If so, in what way?

I'd be tempted to buy some of this stuff if it didn't cost as much as a car.
Not because of any audiophile bullshit, but some of these cables look genuinely good, and I'm a sucker for neat cable runs.

Attached: flex_power-1000px.jpg (1000x540, 227K)

Seething earlet

Expensive analog cables can theoretically be better than a cheap, but digital cables like HDMI or Ethernet are legitimately identical between a $10 or $100,000 cable. It's a digital signal that will either get to the destination or not. The only difference will be in build quality.

So, considering that HDMI is capable of pushing 7.1 bitstream data uncompressed, there's really no difference between it and the most expensive analog cable ever, right (unless the interference in the analog cable is intended, for whatever purpose).

That's like saying that I seethe because I can't taste the difference between the cheapest bottle of vodka and the most expensive. It means that I can drink the cheapest without losing anything. You can't miss an experience that you never have.

Yeah, your average HDMI cable (or Ethernet, which is used in audiophile circles) is able to push audio that is so high quality no sane person could tell you the difference between them. Any difference is down to hardware and placebo.

>tfw my dad fell for the tube amp meme
he claims it sounds "warmer"

Audiophile shit.

It does make the sound warmer, but "warmer" is a euphemism for less clear due to underdamped bass because of output impedance from the limitations of tube amps.

So why even bother with old analog cables anymore? Like, I understand someone that dropped $10k for their shit back in the 90s not necessarily wanting to upgrade, but they should already have all the cabling they need, and all new shit should just have HDMI or DisplayPort for the locking feature (presuming DP is capable of meeting 7.1 bistream data uncompressed).

The shit audiophiles buy is either integrated with old stuff, so you need analog audio cables, or is brand new and all digital like you're talking about. There's still a big market for the former, especially in the crowd that swears off digital with their life.

I don't think HDMI or DisplayPort is used for regular stereo music in those circles. It's usually Ethernet from a CD player/file server to the amplifier, and either analog or digital output to the speakers.

AC power only travels along the surface, not the whole width. That's actually why HV DC power lines are a thing, because it can use the whole width and thus has smaller loses. The hard part is converting it to/from lower voltages.
I'm not quite sure how that applies to computer cables though, or how it reduces interference.

This really launders my money

>digital from amp to speakers
Elaborate.

It's probably not used much but I imagine they exist, using TOSLINK or something. I dont know this shit, I use headphones

Not who you were responding to, but that's pretty dumb. Even Cat 7 cables are limited to 10 Gigabit speeds, and good fucking luck finding a real Cat 7 cable. Ultra High HDMI is capable of 48 Gigabit speeds.

Now, they could probably use some sort of glass fiber optic cable (but not Tos-Link - too limited in data transfer speeds) to surpass that while also reducing the chance of corruption of the data. But that introduces a whole new slew of problems, and for what? 48 Gigabit is plenty, and both the cabling and ports are extraordinarily cheap for the speeds you're getting.

The point of amplifier is to amplify analog signal. It makes no sense to have an amp if you're just gonna send it along digitally.

>prevent electron scattering
Did this nigga just solve quantum physics?

I'm an audiophile autist with lots of high-end meme gear. Cables are the biggest fucking meme. Scientific testing equipment can't tell the difference but you're telling me your fucking ears can? It shows a gross misunderstanding of how digital signals even fucking work.

If you think that shit is stupid, look at this:
youtube.com/watch?v=fr8O_jZhpl4
Bonus points if you keep a straight face when he unironically starts talking about the magic wood and diamond tipped floor stands.

>We are unique because we carry almost every cable. We are an unbiased source for good advice.

Mind giving me some timestamps? A bit busy at the moment

So, I worked at a shop that sold higher-end audiophile shit and they made a point to not sell memes. I think the most expensive audio cable we had was like $200 and it was long as shit and had like special weaving and stuff to protect against various interference that a longer cable would need. A $80-100 audio cable is able to transmit a perfect signal without interference and many $30 are just as good.

The whole ultra-ultra high end market is literally for rich old boomers to flex on each other. Kind of surreal. They even seem to know that it's all bullshit. The companies who make the products know 100% it is all bullshit. Nobody is buying that this stuff actually has any impact, save for the guy at Pitchfork who swears he can hear the difference. Like, laboratory testing can't show any kind of a fucking difference.
But yeah, it's rich old people just trying to one-up one another.
Here's another secret: the cables, even the $100,000 ones, have a wholesale markup of like 1000%. The markup from the manufacturer to the dealer is about that as well.

You need to sit and watch the whole thing. It's like one thing after another of straight memes. It's a audio dealer so he is 100% serious but you can tell he doesn't believe it. He talks about the magic wood pretty much the whole time, making wild claims about its properties.

Right off the fucking bat:
>A brand new Samsung curved 4k TV.
Literally the first product they point out, and it's a huge fucking meme. Curved screens on TV are literally worse than pointless. They harm the experience.

I love bullshit audiofool marketing.
>Absolute Dream is a cable in which every single aspect of its design and construction has been reassessed with a single purpose – to be the best. Ground-breaking metallurgy and materials, a unique approach to construction, unrivalled longevity and geometrical consistency, the refusal to accept conventional solutions or established thinking: together they have resulted in a totally new level of audio cable and audio system performance.
Literally "refuse to accept evidence or reality".

youtube.com/watch?v=bZe5J8SVCYQ

Why did I find this so funny?

>are legitimately identical between a $10 or $100,000 cable. It's a digital signal that will either get to the destination or not.
Almost. You just stated why there could be a difference.
In certain environments there could be enough noise that cheap HDMI cables will suffer more errors resulting in more resends than a more expensive, and well shielded one.
But unless you're working in a factory with many electric motors and devices creating powerful electromagnetic fields around then you probably have nothing to worry about. And audiophiles certainly don't match that description.

If you found yourself in such a scenario, the shielding still wouldn't help, unless the magnets in the speakers were shielded, as well, which almost certainly wouldn't be the case.

Most of audiophile placebo meme stuff gives tiny improvements to sound that take a refined ear and perhaps some time listening to it to really appreciate. Imperfections in an HDMI or other digital signal are blatantly obvious, with massive corruption or random cut-outs. A good cable does still make a difference, it's just you'll know very quickly when your cable isn't performing optimally and a better cable would give you improvements.

Either one of your HDMI ports or your HDMI cable would need to be damaged in order for a human ear to notice the difference. Alternatively, you'd need to run your HDMI to rather extreme lengths for a home system. Presuming you can limit your cabling to under 100 feet, any data loss shouldn't be noticeable.

Anybody who claims otherwise will need to explain why the digital audio signal in HDMI degrades to the point of being able to hear, but the video signal doesn't degrade to the point of being able to see.

Well you could be more interested in the video than the audio.
If there are too many resends then that would result in video cutting, skipped frames and other kinds of digital corruption.

What I'm saying is that just because it is digital doesn't mean it is immune to interference, but so long as it's using an error checking protocol everything that gets through will be the same.

>Most of audiophile placebo meme stuff gives tiny improvements to sound that take a refined ear and perhaps some time listening to it to really appreciate.
No, most audiophile placebo meme stuff is fucking placebo and does absolutely nothing.

Attached: directional ethernet cables.png (1025x495, 211K)

When I said a better cable would give you improvements, I meant your current cable is an utter failure. I've had cheapo cables that I treated with the utmost care die after a few months. There was even one that couldn't successfully display above 1280x1024 fresh out of the box.

>No, most audiophile placebo meme stuff is fucking placebo and does absolutely nothing.
My point exactly. It's all show. When you first install it, you don't hear a night-and-day difference or anything, you hear exactly what you heard before. Then after a few weeks of listening to it and thinking about the price tag, you begin to forget just how identical your previous equipment sounded. Then you notice that the new equipment is quite an improvement.

This is one of my favorite placebo meme audiophile bullshits.
youtube.com/watch?v=dOwqyWdsWrE

Attached: powerslave_3.jpg (1024x686, 62K)

>Then you think that the new equipment is quite an improvement, when it still isn't.
You need to work on your phrasing. It still sounds like the placebo shit is actually better, but it takes time to realize it when that isn't the case, it's still just the same.

>What I'm saying is that just because it is digital doesn't mean it is immune to interference, but so long as it's using an error checking protocol everything that gets through will be the same.
I never claimed otherwise. What I'm claiming is that if you aren't experience video issues with an HDMI cable, then you certainly aren't experiencing audio interference due to the cable. If you are, then it isn't the fault of the cable, but of something else in your sound system.

As pointless as this is, it's the most beautiful power strip I have ever seen.

For over $10k it fucking better be really.

How in the hell would the "soundstage widen considerably," over a literal dedicated power line?

It wouldn't. That's the point.

From what I can tell, this thing wouldn't actually serve any benefit over putting a normal power strip on a rubber pad.

USB-B is the most common DAC connector.
Power conditioners are not a meme but their purpose is easily achieved 100% with no like, fucking even room for memes for less than $100. I use a 900w inverter with a power conditioner serving as a power-strip. There are issues with power delivery causing audible distortions when analog signals are amplified. Generally, used PA power conditioners are teh way to go. The only thing that justifies more cost is wattage capacity or like UPC capability.

are these the same audiophiles who claim records sound better? Ahh yes nothing better than listening to music with a subtle hiss in the back ground all the time. Its almost like having tinnitus but a bit more pleasant. God I hate these people.

Nah, you want a legit power conditioner for decent amplified audio. Those are $50-$100. Just checked. Ebay is filled to the brim with used PA conditioners for under $100.

Please explain to me how I'm wrong. I'm eager to learn.

Anything over recording studio quality gear literally can't have a tangible impact on sound since the recording isn't that high quality to begin with. Your setup is as weak as the weakest component which is always always always the fucking source. Unless tthe fucking recording microphone is more sensitive and captures a wider range than your output, it will do dick fucking all.

My favorite part is that nobody records onto vinyl. They record onto other formats and it's printed. These days, it's digital. Vinyl is a fucking inexcusable meme. I buy them because they look cool. I don't even have a player but indie bands like to release limited art vinyls that just look neat on the wall.

is not a power conditioner.

That's not an explanation. I'm asking you to get into the nitty gritty, and explain to me how a power strip sitting on a rubber pad would be any different from that $10k power strip.

>than a more expensive, and well shielded one.
...okay so buy the $15 one

There is inherent noise and voltage fluctuations with power coming out of an outlet. Surge protectors don't affect that. It isn't their job.
It's not like this is a made up meme, every PA system on the planet uses a power conditioner because the fluctuations and noise will have an impact on analog sound that amplifies alongside the sound. It's essentially a surge protector that ensures clean signal as well.

>Surge protectors don't affect that. It isn't their job.
Right. Which is why I said, "Sitting on a rubber pad."

>It's not like this is a made up meme, every PA system on the planet uses a power conditioner because the fluctuations and noise will have an impact on analog sound that amplifies alongside the sound
Ah, so we are only talking about analog sound. Digital bitstream is immune from this, then. That said, I still don't understand why a soft rubber pad wouldn't negate the vibrations created from voltage fluctuations.

Seriously, analog just needs to fuck off and die. It's very obvious that its way more trouble than it's worth, and is responsible for all sorts of expensive shit that "magically" enhances sound.

Oh my god, it's not even a power conditioner. it's just a big fucking power strip rated for high wattage.

With the wattage he's pulling, it's more like a $100 power strip but nothing.
Dude, the speaker is an analog device. You have to convert the digital signal to an analog signal to actually play it. That applies to every sound device in existence except that plasma shit.
The physical speaker requires power and fluctuations in voltage and shit can have an impact on how that sounds. The purpose of a power conditioner is to prevent that from being amplified.
>Vibrations created from voltage fluctuations
I actually don't think you know what you are talking about.

I think he made up words in there. I also like how he doesn't use any actual specs or numbers. It's just buzzwords.

>Dude, the speaker is an analog device. You have to convert the digital signal to an analog signal to actually play it
I'm aware. I'm not certain how your conditioner would help that any more, than, say, a UPS.
>The physical speaker requires power and fluctuations in voltage and shit can have an impact on how that sounds. The purpose of a power conditioner is to prevent that from being amplified.
Why couldn't an expensive speaker negate this on its own?
>I actually don't think you know what you are talking about.
No shit. Thus me saying this: Instead of insulting you.

Man, at that point boomers should just go and buy classic cars and drive it around to flex. At least everyone could appreciate that.

I would actually like that less. Most of those classic cars that are made to flex have shitty mufflers in order to help grab attention. I find that far more annoying than someone buying crystals to tape to their speaker cable in their own home.

>Why couldn't an expensive speaker negate this on it's own
Expensive speakers are the ones that are susceptible to the issues. Usually, higher end speakers are powered by external amplifiers but it isn't the speaker's job.
>I'm aware. I'm not certain how your conditioner
would help that any more, than, say, a UPS.
A UPS is a power conditioner. But for a lot of this stuff, there is not reason to have UPS capability. Some people do use UPSs for stuff like this. Dedicated power conditioners are cheaper, smaller, and a bunch allow you to do shit like have different voltages running on different outlets. You figure out what you need to run your equipment and buy the best solution. But if you are running like 1500w of audio equipment, your power bill will be monstrous if you use a UPS you really don't need and a UPS that supports that is also more expensive.

Oh, it's the same people. Some get bored with cars and pick up other money-flex hobbies like ultra-tier audio.

Based and FUCK-CHINA pilled

After watching that, listening to how he currently does his setup, and reading about that thing, it is objectively not even a very good power strip. The internal components are like walmart power strip tier. I wouldn't plug anything expensive into that.

And just to add, power distribution is not a new fucking product category. Dedicated power supply systems for audio have been around since electricity was invented. It's a fucking power strip.

I run about 900W of audio and video equipment on a two UPS units I got at Walmart. They were rolled back to $45 each a few years ago.

Attached: UPS.jpg (450x450, 22K)

Neato. I have a used PL-8 PA conditioner I paid $50 for. That's a really weird outlet orientation.

Only half the outlets are UPS. The rest are just normal power strip.

But still, the fucking orientation. I hate when they do that shit knowing that everyone uses fugly ass bricks these days.

I see what you're getting at, but actually, most of the bricks I see aren't on the plug like they used to be. It's more a normal plug, cabling to a brick, cabling to the actual product you need to supply power to. Shit like pic related is pretty much dead.

Attached: huge plug.jpg (500x500, 21K)

>I'm not certain how your conditioner would help that any more, than, say, a UPS.
If it is a proper detatched UPS (output is always from battery) then not at all.
But a UPS is a different kind of device for a different purpose.

Those UPS don't really power condition. They're just battery backup.

Fair. I think my amp has a wonky plug like that but yeah.

I should get a UPS. when I get a tube amp. I've heard of blown tubes from power cuts.

Is this some sort of tax evasion scam?

Unironically, kinda.

I've been told a lot of old guys get into the hobby to essentially screw over ex-spouses.

Whoops, posted my reply in the wrong thread to some loser with garbage headphones I wanted to bully.

When your trophy wife is screwing you out of the millions you spent 40 years accumulating, $60k on an audio cable doesn't sound like such a bad deal anymore.

But there are tons of criminal scams that involve stupid worthless absurdly high-priced items.

is this money laundering? its got to be

Audiophiles are mentally ill.

>that people actually buy
you call the people?

Attached: what_the.gif (499x374, 409K)

>talks about powerstrip for audiophiles
>sound quality of the video is utter garbage

Attached: depositphotos_106954676-stock-illustration-wow-pop-art-man-young.jpg (1023x767, 137K)

This triggered the fuck out of me.

So many things to pick at but i'm not going to or i'll end up breaking something.

Nope. I've known someone who actually bought a cable like that. Wasted $1600 on a fucking power cord.
When I asked if he didn't also need to upgrade the wires through his whole house and all the way upto the power centre, he looked at me as if I was crazy.

Absolutely based.

>"I was skeptical"
Holy shit, it must've been the first time in his life he experienced that.

>buying cables
wait, you mean you DON'T amass hundreds of cables that you will never use from your old electronics?

Attached: 1551445621091.png (450x450, 310K)

But you're not listening through an actual marble power distributer, are you now?

Attached: 1556772258423.jpg (407x488, 37K)