Is it dead in the water for NEW (NEW) projects when .NET 5.0 releases?

Is it dead in the water for NEW (NEW) projects when .NET 5.0 releases?

Attached: 36463364.png (1200x510, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/desu/thread/3894/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>builtintelemetry.net 5.0
miss me with that gay shit bro
and people wonder why most companies dont use it
umm because I dont want everything my employees type in a .net window to be sent to microsoft for "improvement purposes" ?

Is Oracle better

>botNET 5.0

Yeah its not like half the people using JAVA already dont use Windows as their OS, fucking retard

Really makes you think when the only bad thing you can say about something is buzzwords and memes

How much are Microsoft paying you?

At this point Java is what you should use and everybody knows it. Unless you’re doing systems programming (in which case you only use c, period).

But for applications and even semi low level stuff like daemons, Java makes the most sense. It’s fast enough, runs everywhere, represents a pretty small attack surface to worry about, and especially if you don’t bother targeting the newest features and stick to swt (if a GUI application) you can probably run your software unchanged on most any cum pewter in the world.

Java applications with SWT-based UIs are the future after all. It might not be pretty but it gets the job done and it will always function the same no matter what wack job OS the client has.

>It’s fast enough
cringe

Java is almost as fast as C these days, and is much faster than Python or Haskell or JavaScript and Java is faster than Rust or Go too.

Attached: 34533E41-705D-4325-A1BA-82A3B37FE820.png (717x642, 109K)

Is there FOSS implementation/alternative to .NET?

Yeah. Java.

Yes, it’s called Mono but it’s kinda crippled compared to .NET on Windows.

>Java faster than Rust
doubt.jpg

Oracle runs Java(tm) but the OpenJVM and OpenJDK code is what they produce and maintain and it’s open source (now). On most platforms you have several JVMs available, some of which aren’t even made by Oracle at all and are ground up from scratch JVMs.

Is there any sauce on that? I can't find anything

>try to compile rust app
>requires at least 1.5 Gb2r ram and 4gb of mysterious support files

>write well-formed java and run it on thumbtack with 64kb ram

Rust is a joke and Java is a better systems programming language.

Did you think all those "zero cost" abstractions were actually free?

>Java is faster than Rust
Is this how you're going to shill Rust? By shitting over Java? Low blow.

>Desktop apps
>2k19
Lmao sure thing buddy

In what ways? I heard of one program that used mono to launch on gnu. Do mono have/enable telemetry?

two java please sir

Electron apps are a disaster waiting to happen and they aren’t nearly as well optimized as java and JavaScript lacks the standard library that Java has as well. But idiot companies like Microsoft are pushing this shit on people anyway.

Attached is all the proof you need.

Attached: 87C59E21-2363-4153-AED3-D64EDADF565C.png (2048x1536, 286K)

>unlabeled graph

Attached: vngqfw00bim21.jpg (1836x3264, 412K)

>graph has multiple labels
>calls it unlabeled

Attached: 2EF7E254-F8C9-4507-9B34-82C3D8EED340.jpg (640x597, 97K)

>labels for lines
>just has dots

Attached: arQ1mDEA_700w_0.jpg (553x579, 35K)

The dots mean something.

Attached: 7D6F0103-640D-4DD0-AFBD-B541D0F70717.jpg (320x320, 53K)

Java is a well-understood problem, even if Oracle tries their hardest to make it shit.
You can find a JVM for almost everything.
.NET Core confines you to Windows, macOS and Linux.

What do they mean?

Fuckin dots, how do they work

>.NET Core confines you to Windows, macOS and Linux
And the what the fuck else would you use

>Java is almost as fast as C these days
It isn't.

z/OS of course. Dude, do you even enterprise?

.net is dead
bloated just like java
unlike java it is not cross platform
plus telemetry spyware included in *your* software

>Y axis not labeled to indicate what the numbers mean
>x axis has no labels or scale
>marked as line when they're dots

Attached: 1508155948801.gif (147x162, 517K)

That rust isn’t even on the chart. Go is barely there. C is king, with Java just barely lagging usually.

This is just overall, as a measure of the true performance per unit of each language, and across the x axis as well.

Attached: D41FAEB2-EA5C-45CA-9B8A-1DFA8B3A6C40.jpg (241x320, 32K)

good sir, two javas on their way sir

Attached: durga1.jpg (1920x1080, 468K)

>Java is almost as fast as C these days
HA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

With Java you can deploy software on hundreds of platforms from tiny little processors implementing a partial or full bore jvm in actual silicon up to big supercomputers. It’s not as fast as c but it has all the security bullshit rust and go supposedly do.

>SWT-based UIs are the future
>it's deprecated
go away boomer

>what is mono

> .NET 5.0

lol so much new version bullshit, let me guess its highly incompatible with everything they had up until now? what a load of garbage.

just write your new (NEW) shit in kotlin if you don't like java so much.

SunOS AIX z/OS...

Yes it's called .net core and it's made by Microsoft

Java is about twice as slow as C is. Compare that to a complexity multiplier of 80 for Python and 100+ for JS.

Java is easily one of the most performant languages we've got.

latest c# is backward compatible with first release
so will be .net5

Statements like these always make me laugh. The real bottleneck is usually your shitty algorithm, not the language shit is written in. Having a language being a bit faster than the other, or twice as fast, or what not doesn't mean jackshit if you're dealing with hard problems. Either it's infeasible anyways, or it will take a bit of time s.t. a bit of difference doesn't mean much at all.

>But for applications and even semi low level stuff like daemons, Java makes the most sense.
desuarchive.org/desu/thread/3894/

>>what is mono
I don't even need mono anymore the whole thing is cross platform and open source. MS isn't the same thing it is was at all. Windows isn't even their main focus anymore, you need to be running on Linux dockers to even use their latest and greatest.