I'm at my wits end with PC problems, help a lad out

Where do I begin.
>Built my first pc a year or so ago, and all was well.
>Decided to plug some molex fans into the psu.
>accidentally scratch some shit like the klutz i am.
>pc now has coil whine, can't tell from where, assume mobo as psu looks fine.
>replace mobo.
>sound isn't as bad but still noticeable and annoying af.
>decide psu must be the problem, it is a cheaper corsair model.
>replace psu with EVGA supernova g2 650w.
>coil whine still coming from somewhere.
>assume gpu as i saw online my gigabyte model 1070 had some coil whine issues online.
>replace gtx 1070 with rtx 2060 rog strix to be safe.
>coil whine still fucking there.
>read that fans can cause what might come off as coil whine so i replace the shitty cheap ones with bequiet fans.
>COIL WHINE STILL THERE.
>which brings me to now.
>coil whine isn't that bad while doing cpu type stuff like java MC, but anything gpu focused makes coil whine screech like an autistic 12 year old.
>did I get another fucked up PSU/GPU anons?

Pic is kinda related, currently my evga rtx 2060 strix is set up like the far right image which is apparently bad, is this my problem anons? is it that simple? Will I finally be sane?

Attached: fAV9pa1.png (1548x931, 1.5M)

Sorry asus rog strix, fuck i'm tired.

Sounds like a bad case of tinnitus. According to audiophiles, kys would probably help.

>mfw "coil whine" is just a bad case fan

Attached: downloadfile-13.jpg (1000x750, 69K)

It's almost always the GPU user. The new one must have it too.

>evga
>strix
quality shitpost m8

Is not shit post. I've tried everything.

Just something I saw online.

It would be if the "tinnitus" was constant and didn't vary based off workload on the pc...

Yeah might try RMA'ing it or whatever it's called.

>pic

I've been doing the one on the right for years, what's the big deal?

No clue just something i found while googling coil whine stuff. Thought it would kind of be related as that's also how i currently have my gpu set up.

Also I corrected my mistake with a reply to my original post.

Nigga has someone who lives with both tinnitus and has incredible hearing on top of it my sudgestion ( and you won't like it) is to drown out all background noises with something.
Since I have a network rack I just got a router with loud fans and have a fan behind me to cool me down in the summer and that drowns out both the tinnitus and annoying coil whine that sometimes comes from most power transformers(Yes MOST transformers have coil whine)...

Pc is already pretty loud even with bequiet fans due to the thermaltake core v21 case. My anxious autistic as brain wouldn't be able to cope with that as i would be paranoid still as i know i'm just covering the sound up.

Nigga the ever living torment of coil whine is everywhere just treat it like you would treat any other human being with disdain and pure ignorance and by drowning them in your own salt.

Eh, like i can when using it for day to day stuff but with any games besides cpu heavy ones makes the damn thing too hard to ignore. might at least try and RMA on the gpu as i haven't touched the pc really for the past couple months since i got the rtx 2060. if that fails and they send it back saying it's fine I guess i'll just try and cope with it till the thing explodes.

>assume gpu as i saw online my gigabyte model 1070 had some coil whine issues online.
>replace gtx 1070 with rtx 2060 rog strix to be safe.
do you have onboard vga? try it.

Nah am a ryzen user, r5 1600

i had a Galax 1060 6gb and EVGA 1080 ti and both had horrendous coil-whine.

Try this, install MSI Afterburner and set power limit to the lowest option (50% i think). Now do something that causes coil whine to be loudest and compare.
If it disappears it's the gpu, and it could be nearing end of life (characteristic for ex-crypto mining card in my experience) or it's just shit build quality

Nah I brought it brand new. Will try that thanks

Jayz had a video a couple of years back, it barely helps with overclocking.
If the gpu has coil wine then using both power rails wouldn't save you.
OP check if something is just shaking, had that problem with the rear io cover on my motherboard, it extended all the way to the bototom and 2 years later it got slightly loose and touching the mobo, sounding like a fan going bad

Because your putting twice as much draw on one line
How dangerous it can be depends on the quality of the power supply

I'm using a X3650 M2 IBM server which has only one on-board 6-pin but i've used a 6-pin to 2x 8-pins on my R9 290 for about 2 years now and the GPU is still just fine, i've never suffered any electrical issues from the gpu

>Because your putting twice as much draw on one line
>How dangerous it can be depends on the quality of the power supply
Not sure if you mean rail here or just talking about the cables. Cables have an amperage rating based on their gauge. Each cable has three positive lines, so you take your GPUs power requirement and divide it by 3 and the by 12 to get how many amps each line would be carrying. So long as you're below the gauge rating you're fine.
If you're talking about power rails in the PSU, then it all comes down to whether the separate GPU cables from the PSU are even separate rails, and then above.
Anyway, for the really high power GPUs, I certainly wouldn't do the daisy-chain method. Daisy-chain is fine for the X060 series and probably X070 series, but higher would be pushing it. As as for what would happen, your cables or connectors could melt/catch fire.

>COIL WHINE
Are you sure it's not one of the fans? This usually only happens if you don't supply enough voltage (like with fan regulators), but try it anyway.

Shit thanks for the picture user, I didn't look at the manual and I connected my 2x1080ti through one cable each.

Here's some advice in return:
1) un-plug all case fans
2) if you have an iGPU, try running without the GPU for an hour and, if you still hear the whine, it's either the motherboard VRM or the PSU. You can isolate the noise by running the PSU outside the case.
3-a) if you suspect a fan, you can manually stop it. CAREFULLY and slowly press with your finger on the rotor (center) of the fan until the friction from your skin grinds it to a halt. Listen to the noise and let go after a couple of seconds. You can do this to any PWM fan (including CPU/GPU) and it should be fine as long as you're not a total idiot and touch the blades.
3-b) a safer way to test fans if your UEFI/motherboard supports this is by plugging them individually and then setting the speed/PWM manually
4) again, if you suspect the GPU fans, you can set a fan curve in MSI afterburner so that they never turn on. Run a 100% load with the case side panel removed and listen for a couple of seconds. The GPU will run fine for 5-10 seconds, depending on the radiator, and then throttle. If you can hear the coil whine with the fans off, it's clearly the GPU VRM. Again, don't be stupid and revert the fan curve after you're done.