How dificult is to buy damaged electronics and fix them myself?

How dificult is to buy damaged electronics and fix them myself?

I see expensive shit like for 10 bucks damaged on ebay.

Attached: apu.jpg (750x1000, 55K)

Buying is easy. Fixing depends on your skills and if you have tools and parts.

It is difficult. You need to master electronics, and that requires a few thousand hours of studying and practice, plus the cost of tools, which isn't cheap either. If fixing broken shit was easy, they wouldn't be selling for low prices.
Repair usually involves donor parts from similar or identical equipment, like chips, capacitors, diodes, resistors, etc.

Attached: 1299889405584.jpg (493x387, 20K)

Usually not worth the money and time unless you're a decked out repair shop with a soldering station and have a ton of spare parts already in stock.

Middle ground would be "it boots to bios". Those usually just require a dban nuke session/new SSD.

Try. If its only ten bucks then its a cheap lesson and cheap fun.

>learning is hard
t. low IQ brainlet

you can learn all the shit you need to repair something but if the parts are not available then you're fucked.

Sure. Learning anything is super easy. It's 100% effort free and super accessible. 0 challenges.

Autistic retard.

Attached: IMG-20160602-WA0057.jpg (624x469, 37K)

you can buy the parts also on ebay for cheap.

Exactly. In data recovery labs they have units of almost 100% of all hard drives and SSDs models ever produced. When a damaged drive arrives for data recovery, it almost certainly needs "new" parts. The technician almost always have to use an identical SSD or hard drive model to donate replacement parts to the damaged unit. Once they get it working again, they initiate the actual data recovery process.

Just watch Louis Rossman on YouTube. That's basically how all electronic repairs works. Donor equipment is used all the time to repair broken shit. Get X part from equipment Y and place it on equipment X. Repeat until equipment X works.

Attached: 1492446530206.jpg (529x480, 64K)

Great now all you need is a soldering station and at least community college level of electrical engineering know-how.

Fix: get X part from equipment Y and place it on equipment Z. Repeat until equipment Z works.

Attached: 1491396145031.jpg (300x250, 30K)

Autism and internet can take you a long way

>going to college to learn shit already on youtube
lmao cuck

Shipping and parts costs eat into your profit margins
You could eventually work your way into having a repair shop like louis rossmann but he works like 14 hours a day

this is just a hobby for me.
I'm more interested in getting electronics for cheap for personal purposes and to gift to family than make a bussiness.

If it's on such a small scale you are probably better off avoiding it entirely. Lack of warranty will mean anything that can go wrong will be out of your pocket, on top of the initial repair work.

I can save a lot of money by doing it.

A PS4 at 300 bucks is a lot of money for me.

And then you proceed to pay for PS4 online for $60, don't you?
Lmaoing at your life

I don't play online games.

Then why the fuck are you buying a console

I want to get one for my nephew dumbass.

Then you're both faggots

you haven't answer my question.

Hobbies are expensive, user.

you can make money off your hobby.

im a pajeet, i buy broken shit and fix almost everything because i cant afford to buy it new
mostly headphones (Bose), Phones (Galaxies) Laptops (Thinkpads)
you can even make your own bench power supply from a used ATX PSU , it's not difficult
just time consuming
and you need to not be clumsy or you are just going to lose a lot of money
it brings in a lot of money esp since I can sell it to foreign customers that pay crazy prices

You don't need microscopes and very specialized stuff, unless you want to resolder BGAs which you wouldn't wanna do anyway if you are just a one man operation.

Your time is better spent learning career specific knowledge and getting a better job than saving pennies on repairing used electronics.

I mean for fucks sake, a used Ps4 off Craigslist is dirt cheap, especially with new consoles right around the corner.

A ps4 is still expensive in south america.

it's not "pennies". Idk what you make in the US but here as an example:

a broken QC20 goes for 10-30 USD, sells new for 300 and used/repaired for 150 USD
Bose themselves just toss away the whole device if the battery goes flat and make you buy a replacement for a reduced price, which it almost always does after 1-1.5 yrs of daily use
replacing the battery costs 2-3 USD

you can save a lot of money and make a lot of money BUT you have to get lucky with what trash you find so it's not a reliable job

if you just do it for personal use and want high quality stuff for cheap, it's the best way

however it is time consuming because companies are making their products harder and harder to open without completely breaking them

these companies are complete niggers and ruining the planet by being so wasteful but the white and rich sandnigger people buying new as soon something stops working are just as bad

>im a retard pretending
fuck off, retard
you can't fix anything because you're retarded, stop trying to put other people down with you

cope