Wasted a day of work(freelancing) because I can't settle for one distro

>wasted a day of work(freelancing) because I can't settle for one distro
Great, I'm about to fucking jump off a bridge. I just can't decide which fucking distro I want, Arch or Debian. I'm only interested in these two but I can't pick one for good. Distrohop is a disease and i'm fucked if this continues

Attached: e98.jpg (212x249, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=major
download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/30/Everything/x86_64/iso/Fedora-Everything-netinst-x86_64-30-1.2.iso
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

YouBanto

Install gentoo

fedora. best of both worlds: stable, bleeding edge and a large userbase

>work
right

if you were actually working you wouldn't be choosing between those two distros

You are pathetic, just throw a dice or something and let God decide which distro you should use. It's not like your soul is going to be attached to it or anything

Theres a appropriate and inappropriate time to distro hop,that was not appropriate.

Use both on separate drives, swap them out when you feel like hopping and have your ~ on a 3rd drive that’s mounted in both OSs
I do this with arch and Ubuntu 16.04

I seriously suggest to use arch, for a workstation.
Debian stable packages are too old and debian unstable or testing is way to unstable.
If you dont feel comfortable with setting up Archlinux I would suggest you install Ubuntu current or LTS or Fedora.

Debian or CentOS host with multiple VMs using QEMU+KVM

mint

Attached: cat_whats_up_everyone.jpg (800x534, 39K)

Unironically this

...take opensuse, it just werks!

It's literally all the same shit OP

i've never had to deal with this on windows

Ubuntu LTS is older then Debian as of now.

THIS. people act like arch is the only distro with the latest software but except its not, its unstable, AUR is insecure and youll find way more support for deb or rpm distros than arch.

this. opensuse tumbleweed best of both worlds. more stable than arch, more up to date than debian, not bleeding edge but rolling release, stablized and tested via openQA before releases. Automatic snapshots are taken anytime you use the package manager so if you break something you can roll back. And it removes the snapshots on its own over time so it doesn't take up space. easy to install and use. great implementations and sane defaults with kde, xfce or gnome.

Just keep one partition with a working set-up distro and have another one for distro hopping.

This looks based. Why don't more people use it?

Second for comfy fedora, my only complaint is systemd. When my meme tiling window manager(xmonad) setup worked out of the box I knew it was going to be top tier comfy.

Not sure why it isn't mentioned more here, but it is among the major distributions.
distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=major

Fuck this, I'm setting for Debian I don't have more time to lose.

See you on Arch tomorrow!

i tried it once. after installation every boot time was literally 10 minutes.

alright. you can download it right here, user: download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/30/Everything/x86_64/iso/Fedora-Everything-netinst-x86_64-30-1.2.iso

mint/ubuntu if you want to be productive, no exceptions (perhaps eOS)

ARCH IS THE BEST DISHTO

I'm a poopy dumb dumb and Debian is easier to find support for

Some advice for the future, OP. If you hesitate so much among 2 options that means they both have similar value, and thus you can choose randomly

Manjaro if you prefer a rolling distro (and dont mind fixing it from time to time)

How long ago did you try it? For me it always has booted up just as fast as Debian.

Where are you people freelancing?
I used to do it when it was shit but that was years ago, I need to go back to doing it now.