Why does Jow Forums have such an obsession with these ugly boomer slow laptops that will tell everyone around you that...

Why does Jow Forums have such an obsession with these ugly boomer slow laptops that will tell everyone around you that you are a virgin? Even looking at one of these is so repulsive. Eww

Attached: DC5AC0A4-6EA1-4926-9E28-F8E69E5B2CFB.jpg (425x437, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comments/97y1qt/rautism_is_one_of_the_related_subreddits/
bad-dragon.com/products/chanceunflared
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>that will tell everyone around you that you are a virgin?
The super Chad in my PDE lecture who cuddles with his gf during pauses has an x220.

yea just get a apple laptop that throttles itself because it's so thin it cant dissipate heat fast enough then run out of battery in 12 minutes because fitting a bigger battery would ruin muh aesthetics

x220 is peak laptop grippy, good keys - what more do you want for $120?

The only problem with Thinkpads is their meme status; there's often better alternatives that get overlooked.

It's gotta be autistic people and/or programmers, no other way.
>reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comments/97y1qt/rautism_is_one_of_the_related_subreddits/

>cheap
>durable
>won't get stolen
>best keyboard layout on any laptop

Solid hardware, easy to repair, cheap as dirt. And who cares if some people think they look ugly? It means nothing to anyone over the age of 17 anyways

This, though the community surrounding it really helps when it comes to repairs and modifications. I wish other good laptops had half the community as opposed to people making stabs in the dark because of their relatively small size.

Back to fortnite

What I care about is getting a durable, reliable and cheap machine to do my work.

What I don't care about is other people's opinion.

Argue with this now.

>reliable
>sturdy
>great keyboard
>great value
>upgradeable
>tons of ports
Its just perfect.

>X220
Ahh yes, the laptop that breaks when you touch the top part of the screen lid

Attached: screen crack 2.jpg (584x778, 54K)

thats a feature dumbass

They became shit once china lenovo bought them

broken hinges everywhere

Attached: 1545505269536.jpg (552x710, 32K)

- Rabid cult following that readily attracts new members simply by never shutting the fuck up about them
- Cheap
- Fashionable among certain retro-worshipping contrarian circles
- Cheap
- Simple branding/model numbering structure that is more easily comprehensible compared to competitors
- Cheap, because there are literally millions of them on the second hand market and nobody wants them.

Basically, they're an easy way to virtue signal and feel part of a group among casual nerds who are tired of talking about how they built their own gaming PC all by themselves but still too lazy to actually learn anything about technology.

Attached: 1565208627829.jpg (1024x683, 53K)

>there's often better alternatives that get overlooked.
like what. what can you get for @ $130 than a x230

They aren't even cheap unless you get the worst and most common models and spares. Just doing the keyboard mod for the 30 series for example can easily cost you 100 bucks.

seething shill mad that people don't want new shitty laptops with their garbage keyboards

have sex

theyre cheap compared to buying a new laptop which is why most buy them i think. go on a laptop site and check models on sale most places are selling celeron or i3 machines for like 400 euro. Also msot consumer machines still dont have gigabit eth which 10 year old thinkpads have. Latitudes are also decent

you trying so hard to be so cool, but it doesn't work

The keyboards aren't even that good, unless you're a contrarian that only distinguishes between "chiclet" and "non-chiclet."
>trying so hard to be so cool, but it doesn't work
ThinkShitters in a nutshell. You hate to hear it only because it is true, yet if you opened your eyes and turned off the reality distortion field as I did 10 years ago you will see the cult for what it is. They are not special, particularly reliable or easier to maintain than any other business laptop. They just have a clunkier aesthetic that hipsters love and a Mac-tier cult that constantly shills them wherever they go.

have sex
dilate
medicate

Attached: I JUST GOT PROMOTED.jpg (640x750, 321K)

why u so mad, it it just cheap laptop.
I like cheap laptops, I would go with any other manufacturer if not for trackpoint

thanks for opening my eyes, i was about to get one like a retard

Depends what you need a laptop for. I picked up a scratch & dent t530 for $40 on eBay. Needed it to run dealership diagnostics and to program ECMs in my shop. Bought a new battery and threw an SSD I had laying around in it. It's going to get the ever loving fuck knocked out of it and get covered in oil and grease anyway, no point in shelling out a grand when this thing does the job it needs to for under a hundred bucks.

A poor non-chicklet keyboard is better than a good chicklet board.

I/O, tactile feedback, structural rigidity, function before form

just use a mouse

If it's battery life you're after they do have new models

You're inexperienced, or just plain spouting contrarian hipster horse shit. The mediocre late-era T60+ keyboards especially are hugely overrated on a basis of their aesthetics moreso than their actual function. They're objectively more fragile, too.
>I/O, tactile feedback, structural rigidity
These are pretty much the same among any business laptop at the same price point, or less since ThinkShit has always been Apple-tier overpriced.
>function before form
Being aesthetically stuck in the '90s != function over form.

You're probably the same person that made this thread

>that will tell everyone around you that you are a virgin? Even looking at one of these is so repulsive. Eww
Recorded myself plowing my gf with one.
Incel baitposter btfo. This thread needs a certain herb.

Attached: sage.jpg (240x225, 9K)

Post it. Unless you're lying of course

Attached: e8e.png (277x271, 8K)

I love my x220 desu

>revealing identity to a bunch of autists on a board where people censor even their fingertips
sure, user, sure.

Please, no ironic, can you name 3 please?

i fucked my gf last night and it was fucking good
t. uses x200 tablet running arch linux as main laptop

Attached: 1568088657.jpg (600x359, 37K)

hahaha that's what you get for buying a thinkpad without a latch
BAKA BAKA

No one makes chiclet keyboards since the goddamn 80s.

Attached: 1200px-ZXSpectrum48k.jpg (1200x882, 139K)

Seriousy.
STFU.
BTFO.
&.
GTFO.

How dare you talk!
("It's okay Precious, the crazy man is gone.")

Attached: 1565485194887.png (1400x1050, 317K)

>they're the dragon dildos of laptops.

Attached: 1417596125890.jpg (1600x1200, 388K)

That's a horse dildo

bad-dragon.com/products/chanceunflared
bad dragon makes horse dildo

a true thinkpad user would know this

Attached: yummygummy.jpg (570x842, 96K)

I have a 755CSE from 1995... does that count?

Because they are gorgeous mass-appeal blazing quick laptops that ooze sex appeal and signals to everyone you are successful with a 15 inch dick.

every single laptop on the market has a chicklet keyboard, you're just in The Nile

i bought an actual tp25 for the keyboard and used they are now going for more than they cost new

>cheap
>not a macbook
>upgradable
>good drivers for linux
>makes you look profesh

he sounds like a wholesome guy

Got a new t470 for 200 bucks from my work. I5-6300 8gb ram Intel 520 graphics ips display 256 ssd and fingerprint scanner. Couldn't be happier with the purchase.

That's not the cause. It's lenovo being retarded and making too thin magnesium screw holders

Got my gf a t430 2 years ago and she loves the keyboard. She despises chicklet keyboard but with new chinkpad keyboards she is just fine.

you just have bad taste op

> T480
> Slow
You what?

You can't get an x230 for $130. Especially not with an SSD, RAM upgrade and new battery.