How do you feel about the upcoming Mac OS upgrade?

New security features are always nice. However, it sounds like shit. They're trying to merge their computer operating systems with their mobile and tablet operating systems. Also, what does the iTunes split mean for iPods? Will we still be able to sync them to our computers?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1200x680, 130K)

I run a hackintosh and all my hardware is supported in the beta version but I'm still on Mojave. Also shut the fuck up about your iPods or whatever, iToddler. Buy an Android phone like the rest of the civilized world.

The first time I didn't even bother with the beta. (although partly because Mojave runs so well) The only interesting feature for users like Sidecar doesn't work for my mac and the rest is basically maintenance, getting rid of 32 bit bloat and tools for the future (Catalyst).

>Will we still be able to sync them to our computers?
It will be in Finder now. So basically nothing really changed.

>i am a faggot please fuck my facehole with your mongodong

iPods are not phones, you dolt. They're mp3 players from a decade ago.

>the rest is basically maintenance, getting rid of 32 bit bloat and tools for the future (Catalyst)
>It will be in Finder now. So basically nothing really changed.
Sounds like something I will download because of features I could use on my newer mac and not something I will download on the old one I use for iTunes. Got it!

I’m worried about the 32-but removal. Anyone have details on that?

There's an easy fix for that.
Bend over, spread your ass cheeks, and take it up your ass like a good appletard always does.

>apple still not allowing nvidia to write turing drivers for it
i just can't use it
this is an appliance OS

I tried the Catalina beta.
Music app is great. ITunes Store is still there, just hidden by default. It’s to force you into getting Apple Music but that’s a good service so it’s fine.

You can sync all your devices through Finder now which honestly makes way more sense

Rich civilized countries have iPhone majority according to statistics

Isn’t that because of the encoding problem? People have made hacks to enable sidecar that uses cpu to process the encoding.

>They're trying to merge their computer operating systems with their mobile and tablet operating systems.
Isn't this something Apple said they would never do?
I don't remember the interview, but I'm pretty sure that when questioned on whether they'd ever have an answer to the MS Surface, they said no because they think it's a stupid concept and no one would want their laptop and their tablet to be the same device because you just get less out of both.

>It’s to force you
/thread

Yeah something like that but in the end it's just more direct remote pc and that stuff should be fine when sending data from laptop to tablet when gaym streaming works despite having to reroute it in the router. And the fixes showed that it does work on older hardware fine performance-wise but just creates artefacts.

i have a 2012 macbook pro, but i just don't care any more.
switched my desktop over to linux and use that for the most part.
macos wants to try my shit by keeping the fans at 0%. have to use third party software to keep this shit from overheating. they can even read the sensors properly. rip mac.

There's a single country with an iPhone majority, and it's Japan. The next greatest marketshares for iPhones exist in brandwhore anglo countries. Any reasonable person has an Android phone.

I don't like how you can't hide the sidebar in the music app. It makes the controls at the top off-centred.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 2.37.08 pm.png (1680x1050, 778K)

Jesus, there is still no way to adjust the displayed information in the app, so you have two rows for tracks?

Kiss WINE goodbye along with any software older than 5 years. This is because a year from now all the Macs will be running on single threaded 64bit ARMshit

I'm waiting to see if Apple ever unfucks itself and makes a notebook that is as good as the 15 inch 2009 MBP I used to have. That thing was the best computer I've ever owned and one of the most beautiful objects period I've ever used.

Now they've gotten rid of all the cool and unique features that made them great, made them so thin they can't cool themselves adequately, took away all the useful ports, made the keyboard unusable even when it's working properly, and hiked the price up

Still using my 2015 because it has USB-A ports on it. I'd like to think Sir Jony leaving the company means more functional MBPs but we both know that's bullshit.

Wrong board.

Attached: 1564550749694.png (400x1650, 367K)

You don't get more functional than usb c. A single port that does everything any macbook ever could if you add a dock.

>killing off 32bit support
>no nvidia webdrivers
>no native vulkan support
>can't use it with HFS+
>no UI updates
>no relevant new features compared to mojave
It's shit.

>t. Russian subhuman with an 140$ chink phone who think his garbage is as good as proper phones

Replace the /v/ one with Windows.

Russians actually love iPhones.

but can't afford them

They aren’t merging shit, they’re simply getting some apps cross-platform. This is a good thing, winkiddie

I'm really disappointed by this update, it has zero new features I personally could use (don't own an iPad, don't use Apple Music) and it removes 32 bit support so I really don't know if I should update or not this time. Mojave also didn't have anything useful (well stacks turned out ok actually) but at least it didn't remove functionality

Same here, tried playing wow on it at the lowest settings from 2013-2018. It runs fine except for that I have to crank up the fan to 100% with a 3rd party program. Since have switched to a 1080ti and 2700 desktop and it works perfectly (install what I need and then leave it alone).