What were you doing in Summer 2001?

What were you doing in Summer 2001?

Attached: basement-2001.jpg (2503x1669, 1.41M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PiNdcBg3xC8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECHELON
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Watching pokemon and playing pokemon snap, and probably playing pokemon yellow too.

gettin laid

Would've been on break between freshman and sophomore years of high school. Probably would've been playing Rainbow Six.

How old are you people, goddamn

Imagine being old enough to remember this and still be browsing this site. What a bunch of hopeless losers you are.

33, been here since a few months after Jow Forums's inception. Jow Forums has a relatively high level of ancient oldfags compared to other boards.

fuck off zoomer

Enjoying a CIA-free Internet and world peace

Attached: alliswell.jpg (1024x768, 99K)

Screenshot this post and look at it again in ten years when you're still here. You can try to leave Jow Forums but it'll never leave you and you'll keep coming back, at least if the site still exists.

being this ignorant

any old old fags here? how about 1992?

Attached: office-1992.jpg (1520x998, 532K)

oooh fuck
shitposting with britfags on insaneheat.net

>tfw you learn all the british internet slang first because you like a game that only they bought
im fuckin spastic prolly m8 soz about being shite

i was four
my dad sold his Commodore 64 to buy me a Genesis.

My earliest memories date back to 93.

Probably playing pokemon, silent hill or thps

don't know, probably playing N64 and catching bugs

you better thank your dad every day

>93
gotcha

Attached: office-1993.jpg (1512x990, 474K)

Having an affair with a married woman who was the head of public relations for a law firm in London

same but also waiting for the gamecube.

Attached: 1551429164338.jpg (960x1280, 104K)

Having a professional office already in '92?

Ok now I feel young. I salute you Boomer King.

I was living in St. Cyprien, enjoying my childhood, reading Lord of the Rings in a musty gite, in between whacking the cherry trees with branches i'd pretend were swords.

fucking whores i picked up from a local hotel.
> yes, im that old

I was 7yo and my parents were getting divorced so I was at home playing with my toys hearing them fight all day long.

i was dying and eventually passed away later that year

playing on my computer. 2003 but close enough

Attached: 2003_0806_182153AA.jpg (1392x1199, 649K)

and watching Spongebob, Seinfeld, star trek voyageur on this tv

Attached: 2003_0806_182131AA.jpg (1200x1600, 842K)

Moving to another country.

Being born

reading transformers

Family had just moved into a new house. I played a ton of N64 (Goldeneye mostly).

Playing some gaymes on the iMac G3.

This is kinda more /v/ than anything but it involves computer crime... August 2001 when I was dumb and just turned 15 I sent an email bomb threat from my Hotmail account to Square-EA (as they were known at the time) demanding they make games for Nintendo platforms. Apparently the email was taken very seriously (it had a countdown) and they evacuated an office in the US and investigated at some expense.

Learned my lesson that internet behaviour can have real life consequences pretty quickly, especially since it was "terror" shortly before 9/11 (It was after 9/11 that they came after me). Cops called my dad who was then pissed, down to the station to explain myself. Pled guilty to something and got 10 hrs community service. Ended up donating 10 hours worth of wages to the Food Bank in lieu of doing service, $10/hr = $100 for the food bank.

Attached: 1411936121900.jpg (600x420, 45K)

This thread hurts me, but it's also good.

Attached: 1553543828886.jpg (720x695, 53K)

If you were 18 you would have gotten 30 years, that's crazy.

Probably playing my PSX, N64, emulating 4th gen games, browsing anime web turnpike, chatting with a girl who roleplayed as an anime character, and reading Tenchi Muyo fanfiction

Attached: 1556340666628.png (454x533, 295K)

waiting for 9/11

ur mum m8

eating, shitting, sucking on tits

Attached: 1561781091878.jpg (2560x1920, 418K)

this is so comfy thank you. reminds me of my childhood

27 yo here
anyone who doesn't remember 9/11 shouldn't be allowed to post here

You are too young for this site

Playing Quake 3 Arena online and Unreal Tournament 99 on my Dreamcast

Mostly three ways with goth chicks. Also using Windows ME.

Playing video games like Red Alert 2, Total Annihilation, The Sims, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Pokemon Stadium, Star Wars Racer, emulating Pokemon Gold/Silver. Watching Pokemon, DBZ, "Cardcaptors". Having sleepovers with my friends every single weekend and renting a bunch of movies at blockbuster. Going biking/rollerskating with my friends. Normal 10 year old stuff.

either your chair is broken, or you don't know how to adjust the seat height, or you are a 200m+ lanklet

Fuck, I'm fucking concerned for generations who grew up on smartphones and don't remember uncensored Internet.
Brave New World.

Attached: bedroom 90s.jpg (1200x900, 301K)

I had just graduated high school. I was working a shitty fast food job before going to college.

Attached: 90sboomer.jpg (977x689, 194K)

I think remembering pre-9/11 is better.

Playing Wolfenstein 3D on my IBM PS/2.

I had that same recliner

This is incredibly similar to the room of my friend (female). She even had a mac.

Shitting myself, and apparently on the floor once.

t. zoomer.

Fapping to stuff like

Watching everything change

i couldn't come up with anything with an impact as universal as 9/11 so that anons couldn't say that particular thing wasn't a thing in my territory

are you me? good thing that didn't fuck me up or anything haha
I'm totally well adjusted

Attached: coke.jpg (400x532, 50K)

That was before my time.
My earliest memory is from when I was 2 I used pieces of a wicker basket in my room to pick the lock on my door and turn the lights on in my parents room because I thought they might be afraid of the dark.
2001 in summer?
Playing house and doctor with the girls my age next door.
Playing jkII and starcraft 2 against my dad on my hp vectra vl6 after I got enough money from chores to buy a pci graphics card, I forgot which one probably a matrox.
Good times.

I was an 18 year old junior in school. Good times. Kids now have no clue just how much different the world was before 9/11 and so called "easy tech" made it all fucked up. Hell an 18 year old would've been born in 2001 now. Fuck I'm old enough to have an adult son/daughter.

29 years of age, my fellow.

I'd be 13. I have moved to a different school for 7th, so I did still have my grind crew in Pokeman, but Dreamcast was the highlight that year. I was playing a shit ton of counter action in DOA2, blasting through Sonic Adventure, that killer deep sea fishing game, and Sega GT. Now that shit was cash, I fucking loved DC.

Can't forget finally having a decent light gun game in House of the Dead 2

Techwise I'd be doing the same shit, removing trojans from the family computer

that lamp!! i think my first conscious memories were in 1992. I remember looking up at the running dishwasher and thinking to myself. "I'm going to start remembering stuff now"
everything was less crowded, my city has doubled since then. it was a big deal when we got a walmart

i hate rich kids, my little sister (relax I'm old my mum had me young and decided to have another on her 40s) is spoiled as fuck and it's not cute at all unlike in those animes

idk, baby shit

You just gave me flashbacks to the day it happened on the TV in my school's dated library. It felt like I traversed a wormhole.

I was watching at the gym. Saw the 2nd plane hit live.

probably playing Age of Empires 2, idk i can't remember what i did yesterday

This isn't 90's because togepi is there

Playing shit on my expanded Amiga 1200T while shitposting on IRCs.

I think I went to Florida with my friend and his younger twin sisters showed me their cooters and told me that if they were ever going to have sex they would want it to be with me.

still virgin btw

bionicle didn't exist until 2001, this is early 2000s. i think togepi was also around that time

playing nintendo 64 and riding my bike around.

>Hell an 18 year old would've been born in 2001 now.
Not quite. Earliest would be 09/10/00 mmddyy
>so called "easy tech" made it all fucked up.
arguable, but yes.
>Kids now have no clue just how much different the world was before 9/11
not triggered, but please don't generalize an entire generation of people because the only examples you've met/seen are fairly ignorant of the past.

>Fuck I'm old enough to have an adult son/daughter.
...dad? come back, mom said you were just getting a pack of smokes...

t. zoomer.

FAGGOT

FAGGOT

I'm 20. Been here since I was 14. Jow Forums made me a real hacker. I bet you come here to discuss the newest phones and smartwatches.

I'm in my 30s and I'd be doing this if I could

Summer before sophomore year of college. I worked at a local grocery store chain selling lottery tickets, developing film, making copies of keys. Great summer hung out with friends, earned money and had a few lottery players who bought big winning tickets from me and bought me free scratch offs regularly. Won a good chunk from that.

Saw some movies, hit some concerts, went to the beach. The world changed when 9/11 happened I was in the sophomore dorm but man were we united as Americans. Freshman and sophomores running around our Co Ed floor blasting John Phillip Sousa etc.

I was only in high school for 9/11 but it was crazy. Like blacks and whites united in their hatred for browns. Just pride everywhere

Going to school

sucking mommy's boobies

i spent the summer of '92 testing the limits of how many L&Ms i could smoke in an hour
when the ashtrays got full i ashed/put out the cigs on my keyboard
sold the keyboard back in '03 on ebay as a keyboard in "vintage" condition
some sucker out there owns an IBM 5251 filled with tar and ash and lost $1,200 over it
pretty much quit smoking after that summer. got really into birdhouses.
everything '94 to 2010 is a complete blur

watching Toonami's Midnight Run: Special Edition in the middle of the night at a sleepover, I'm the only one awake still watching tv in the dark room all alone and this comes on
youtube.com/watch?v=PiNdcBg3xC8
I was never the same since

>my childhood was defined by media consumption

sad

I live in New Jersey so it was pretty f'ed up to have seen and been to the WTC. I had just gotten my first cellphone my sophomore year I believe and I couldn't get through via cell or landline to my family to Find out if my brother was ok. Thankfully he was.

I remember thst our across the hall neighbor knocked and was like terrorists hit the world Trade Center and my roommate answering I know. (we were like a dead sleep) then we turned in my TV just in time to see the second plane hit

great story mate

topkek

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECHELON

wow we got ourselves an ENLIGHTED INTELLECTUAL over here

Planning 9/11

Who's the oldest here? I'm 32 and I feel like a child compared to some.

>too poor to have a nintendo

37 here. God I'm getting old

but like a chad compared to most of Jow Forums, where the average age is 17

my son told me about this site about a decade ago and i enjoy posting in the hardware benchmark threads.

imagine being so ugly that your record label is like, yeah bros nobody needs to see you guys

>This kid is like 29 or 30 now