What do you need to succeed in learning to code?

My theory is I think you need like a 120 IQ and full time commitment which is why bootcamps that take Ivy League humanities grads and train them for 10-15/whatever weeks work well and others don't

if you lack one or the other (or both yikes) you'll be in an endless tutorial loop learning nothing that sticks and never gaining real skills

Attached: learn-to-code.jpg (1440x540, 114K)

You need motivation and a project for which you're learning the skill.

Coding isn't hard. It's complex, but the isolated bits of it are easy af

I mean learning to code to an industry level and getting a job

Sounds about right

Attached: Screenshot_20170829-183213.png (1080x1920, 148K)

you just need to practice data structures & algorithms, and read up on what common interview questions are for your job title.

if you answer the interview questions right, you'll get the job even if you're a moron. if you get it wrong they think you're a moron even if you were the top performer at your previous jobs. and dress nice and whatever else obviously

You are just giving yourself anxiety and spreading negativity by imposing this kind of view. Remember that Feynman did not get into Mensa yet has contributed more to science than anyone who did in it's entire history.

programmers are basically construction workers assembling precreated frameworks others have built. the real brains design the frameworks software hardware etc

>120 iq to write code
hell no its not that hard

120 IQ is not high in the big picture, that's like an honors grad from a regular pedestrian high school going on to a state flagship where you earn spotty grades or may not graduate

Most of us wouldn't pass the resume filter at FAANG and shit so we need to do web dev for a local job first (if we even ever get to FAANG)

be obsessive about learning and applying what your learned into building things

This, and IQ was pretty much debunked by Taleb.

you just need basic math skills and generalyl have the attitude of 'trial and error' to code.

You don't need to believe in a strict scientific "IQ" to know what I'm talking about
I mean vaguely a top 5% ish quality person mentally speaking in the general population

we would actually help many "learn to code" aspirants by telling them to give up although it would be politically incorrect

Bootcamps are dumb because
>it's easy to learn how to program on your own
And
>you pay just as much or more for something that doesn't even give you a degree as compared to a university
Either self-teach or get a degree from WGU (which if you're not a retard you can get in a year or two)

True, but if the construction workers don't know what they're doing the building will be off and fall apart.

Also, said construction workers can still make good money without having to become a master architect themselves.

I'm not considering a bootcamp but you can't deny they can place a 24 year old english grad from Cornell into a very decent job in 3 months

Because they already have a degree.

>>english grad

general surgeons, construction engineering and the like is 120IQ area, kode should be around there too.
Physics and math should be around 130IQ+

this is all you need

Attached: programming_socks.jpg (660x879, 20K)

professional mathematicians and physicists are way higher than that
130 might give you a chance at finishing a math/physics undergrad degree that's about it

Learning to program is like going up a hill. It's very difficult at the beginning, but once you've reached the top it becomes very easy. The hard part isn't actually programming itself, but fixing bugs.

Yeah for most companies that care about degrees it ticks off the degree requirement

lol

>going up a hill very easy once you've already gone up the hill
no shit

IQ hasn't been "debunked" by anyone, ever. IQ is a proxy for g with a mountain of evidence behind it - it's one of the best statistical predictors for success in life.

>its another /v/tard came to Jow Forums thinking hed learn to code since hes already always at his custom built computer anyways and found out that building a gaming computer and shitposting about apple does not make you smart

>This, and IQ was pretty much debunked by Taleb.
C O P E
O
P
E

Attached: iq-by-college-major-gender.png (741x643, 45K)

>people studying disciplines involving intensive logical thinking and reasoning do good on logical thinking and reasoning test
sub 80 IQ

No shit sherlock. That's precisely what IQ measures. What exactly has been debunked then?

theres such a thing as emotional intelligence

Certainly sounds like something made up. Is there an emotional IQ measurement somewhere? Can you take a test?

Can you not be a bigoted virgin?

I've been learning to code for 2 months

you are a smart little virgin have fun finding anybody who likes you

Literal horseshit. IQ is very real and has been shown to predict how well someone will do in life and is also extremely heritable. IQ not being real is fake shit promoted by guilty whites that are uncomfortable if they have to accept the reality of IQ

factual

>not return $learn_code
you will never make it

Based retard. Do you even know how uncommon 130+ iq is?

130 is only 98th percentile, most undergraduates at top colleges are 125+ and they're mostly not suited to advanced research
math and physics profs need like 140 as a floor for making a living on the fringes of academia, top researchers are quite a bit higher still

That test is a scam bro

return $learn_code;

Understand what it is exactly you’re telling the computer to do.
I visualize everything in my mind

Basically this. You need at least 130 to become successful in life as median for self made millionaires is little above that. However even if you can success in the real world doesnt mean you have the guts to survive in academia.

There are no low hanging fruits left so the meaning of IQ continues to climb higher and higher. Automation and advances in science raise the bar in both ends. Its sad that its not recognized in the mainstream, people just cant handle the legitimacy of measured intelligence. Even if its detrimental to them and the society.

Im a low IQ brainlet so I really see the struggle. High enough to aspire and get in but too low to thrive. Its infuriating to see people saying how they succeed so everyone else should. They just cant see it, there is a real stark difference when you learn things 2 times slower than your peers. Hard work only gets you so far and when it fails your life shatters to pieces. Even if one goes through university as a low IQ individual they will crash and burn in the work force where time constraint exist and competition is a real thing. Sure, they might hold a meager position but they will do so for the rest of their natural lives and probably wont ever be content.

Gating people by IQ wouldnt just make evaluation easier, it would make low IQ individuals happier. I certainly would as I didnt need to struggle with uncertainty or compete with people who work less and produce better results. Even though the salaries might be smaller and things wouldnt be so grand they would live easier, less stressful and more sociable lives. That alone has immense impact on the quality of life, even if its not as materialistic.

Why do I struggle then? Debt.

Attached: 1568069217256.png (2000x2000, 1.28M)

ah my daily dose of suicidal thoughts, thank you

>assuming $learn_code is always a boolean value
not gonna make it

>using not typesafe languages
LOL!!!
what's that, php? (bool) $var
it's javascript? !!$var

literally kys

cope

I partly disagree. Hard work can make up for some of it. Im at 120 here on a good day but I routinely get higher performance marks than my 130+ peers at work. Also more recognition because other teams always pick me to work with because of a higher social aptitude.
Intelligence is not wholly quantifiable. It's all relative.
While yes a 85 iq barbarian can never do what a 130 iq engineer can, the gap can be somewhat bridged. Don't give up

>Intelligence is not wholly quantifiable.
no
>It’s all relative.
NO

>to code
>coding
Just give up now, the market is saturated with retards and webdevs (assuming they're even distinct sets).

Everyone has a genius tier level iq on this bs and yet some people are still falling for it

>While yes a 85 iq barbarian can never do what a 130 iq engineer can, the gap can be somewhat bridged. Don't give up
It really cant, at least in those terms. And sure, if the other person is laziness incarnate then you might be able to bridge some 10 points but then its only you working your ass off whilst someone else is on near parity doing jack shit. That isnt a way to life your life.

Using "I'm just not one of the geniuses" as an excuse for your own failures. Pathetic.

Don't be a retard, it's easy.
>This, and IQ was pretty much debunked by Taleb.
Is this what retards actually think?

>There are no low hanging fruits left so the meaning of IQ continues to climb higher and higher.
It's true. Every year, the average IQ gets lower and lower...

There is no such thing as excuses. If you dont make it then you failed for a reason. Not being smart is a reason enough.

We see this in sports all the time. If athlete said he lost to Phelps because he lacked his extraordinary physique nobody would bat an eye. However if user claims he lacks the wits to survive in higher education then people call it an excuse. Both claims are based on studies and reality, however only one of them is considered taboo.

To assume one fails due to their free will absurd. If youre unable to achieve a goal were it a tangible record or mental prowess then the reason for it is biological.

Attached: la-michael-phelps-20160813.jpg (1299x786, 91K)

You can learn to code with a 100 IQ. But yes, if you want to be above average or exceptional, you need 120 and up.
There are ways to increase IQ, but I'm not gonna give them away for free. Just look into nootropic herbs and nutrition.

My theory is that you need average intelligence and some dedication.

Product programming is an 110 IQ job, maybe even less. Framework programming 120. Systems and macro arch is 130+. Your overall idea is sound, innate ability is all that matters, retards can learn one tech after a very long period of time but (thankfully) the industry will rarely let them chill on one skill alone.

Yes, your failures happen for a reason. An excuse is something that you put forth to disguise the real reason, possibly even from yourself. For instance, "I'm just not one of the geniuses" is generally an excuse for "I just didn't work hard enough when it mattered".

How do you know how hard I have worked? You dont, youre just projecting because you cant accept the fact that IQ does determine who makes it.
>just didn't work hard enough when it mattered
>when it mattered
Even here you leave a cop out of "oh, you just worked hard on wrong things... yeahh...". Just stand straight and admit youre wrong

>For instance, "I'm just not one of the geniuses" is generally an excuse for "I just didn't work hard enough when it mattered".

thankfully for you we live in a world that if you can't program for shit management will just say to "just try harder bro" and they push and push that poor little retarded, and it doesn't work out, never did. then they just fire him or worse, reposition.

IQ doesnt exist

use devtools and make IQ off the charts idiot

>What do you need to succeed in learning to code?
Some practice with javascript, you dont really need anything else these days

for javascript engineering you don't need more than 90 points

Attached: 1508306899822.png (657x539, 110K)

what weirds me out is that philosophy is third after mathematics and physics

it's also probably the only non science one in the group on top

Hmm... strange how IQ correlates directly with the majors where you'll be doing problems that share the most similarities with standardized iq testing

I would say you won't need more than 80 to 90 and enough time for hardcore dedication. I am like this.

I hope you don't live in an English-speaking country. You type like an ESL, and I'd be willing to bet this is visible in your professional work.

Blag your way into a programming job first then learn to code on the job

Nope, you only need a few things:
Start and finish a whole project (start small, but finish it and create an executable for whatever program you make, don't laze and procrastinate).

Have the capacity to stay seated for several hours on a chair.

Learn not to stop when you are frustrated.

Have an extreme interest in abstract things (you probably don't like people that much).

Philsophy is highly creative. Only high IQ people can reflect about their lives, culture and everything else and draw conclusions and patterns from it.

That's a code monkey.

Anyone can learn to code. Only an expert can learn to program.

The industry is dominated by a few frameworks, so I guess 98% of the people in the industry are just "programmers"

>only an expert can learn to program

No one starts of as an expert, so you are saying no one can learn to program?

says the tranny reviled by every human that ever lived

`return $learn_code;`
now go and kill yourself, you dumb piece of shit

Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!

Attached: ms_frizzle.png (400x300, 157K)

To those in this thread who tried the vive1 and say vr is a dead gimmick, try a newer vr headset. The first headset i owned was the samsung odyssey, which has 615ppi, then when i was at a store out of curiosity i tried out the regular vive which has a lower resolution at 465ppi and it was a difference like night and day, i was like wtf is this shit, screendoor effect super obvious, cant read any text, and i dont even own the PLUS version of the samsung odyssey which has an even smoother image apperently

If $learn_code is a pointer or nullable type then you're wrong

Thats what happens when you shitpost and dont write anything substantial in english

> I think you need like a 120 IQ
yeah, no ...

Too bad these \g\tards won't understand your comment kind sir

Attached: 1561286798887.jpg (334x506, 42K)

this.

You need to be 12 years old with the neuroplasticity to ingrain not just a language but a way of thinking. If you're older than 22 with so-so math skills, you should just kys.

Or get a job in management.

You require a really high degree of abstract thinking, being able to work with imaginary concepts and abstracting concrete concepts down to abstract concepts in code. That's honestly the hardest thing about programming.

Attached: bcb06e8af12a12c424fab1349ce8c9ed.jpg (600x752, 69K)

>saying all programmers are successful in life because they are "good" at this one thing.
you're a faggot.

Yep. If you haven't finished TAOCP by your thirteenth birthday, you may as well give up.

yeah bro Kant and IQ tests totally go hand to hand

Attached: 1535184675432.png (680x680, 413K)

you need to be extremely stubborn

These but unironically. Median starting age of programming for the successful ones is 12.

cringe

finally the truth has been spoken
always had that thought but you manage to put it into words

I think the lower IQ bound is like 95, the key characteristic is initiative, aka just getting shit done. Doesn't matter if you're a tard and don't understand anything at all, just kludge a bunch of crap together and call it good.

Case in point: Webdev.

is this really a common path people take? I thought I was the smart one for setting the bar low for a job as a fresh graduate by wanting to do web dev. Seems like all my classmates are shooting for the stars applying for big boi software ~engineering jobs