Could Jow Forums help me finish building my PC...

Could Jow Forums help me finish building my PC? I’m doing a restoration and want to know if I should use a new motherboard/cpu. How do I get it to turn on?

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.94M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IhX0fOUYd8Q
youtu.be/8ZqrXaeaQKg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Please help

Attached: 90208023-B3A2-443E-924E-69E7846F092D.jpg (619x453, 28K)

give it back jamal.
haven't you found the headers for the switch (or the I/O) yet? I see a couple of ketchup and mustard cables upfront.

No I’m a noob okay? I don’t know what PCs are

I set up the new power supply correctly but all it does it make the mouse change colors and the motherboard blinks a red light while the cpu fan turns over once. One time my brother put ice on the back of the cpu and it turned off. I was able to get it back on but the processor was fried. Do I need both a new cpu and motherboard? Here is where he put the ice

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 2.05M)

You're the cro magnon who couldn't get their 24pin out?

No. I can’t get the PC to turn on

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 2.3M)

What goes there?

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.39M)

Ah damn the fucking connection from the power supply won’t stay in the slot long enough for the PC to turn on

You do realize that the DVD drive doesn't have a power cable plugged into it right? And your heatsink is dusty as fuck, not ideal.
Nothing
You have to plug in the really thin little cables to connect the HDD LED, power button, etc. to the motherboard. Right now pressing the power button won't do shit because the cable isn't plugged in. Look at your mobo's manual to see where each header goes

Jesus
Your Power supply is not screwed in place, the Hard disk is installed upside down, I can barely tell what's going on with these pictures, but I think you should carefully take it all out and put it all back in part by part. Mobo, power supply, then disk drive and hard disk. Then read the motherboard manual to install the front panel header, usb and audio, and to plug the HDD in

It also looks in the picture that there's no RAM installed so it's not going to boot without that either

What the fuck
In this case your best bet is to let it dry for 24 hours before applying power, but if you already have I suppose you've probably burnt out anything you could by now
Nothing

How is this even possible
Please read your motherboard manual properly before reattempting

I was able to get it to turn on. It’s connected to the monitor but nothing shows on the screen. I’ll clean the heat screen, thanks. What next?

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 969K)

Alright I’m flipping the processor and securing the power supply, the ram is installed next to the cpu

I am mistaken, there is RAM in there but it's possible there's a lot of reasons you're machine won't boot, from the board shorting out on the case to no front panel connectors

Is the monitor plugged into the GPU or Motherboard Output, try both, also try with GPU removed and check the monitor is set to the correct output

The front panel sustained damage during a move but appears to be wired properly. I have a new motherboard and gpu just in case this would happen. The monitor is plugged in via an hdmi cable which is plugged into the graphics card

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.18M)

Well you need to make sure the power button connector is connected to the motherboard properly in order for the power button to actually signal the motherboard to turn on

Have you got a PC Speaker connected, so you can hear if the motherboard is throwing you an error code? And if you don't know what this is, please refer to the motherboard manual or Google.

I’ve tried starting the pc with the gpu disconnected to so you may be right I’ll have to check the manual on how to connect the power button to the mother board

Idk, it's hard to tell what is going on without being there, and based on how little you seem to know about this stuff it wouldn't surprise me if you've killed a component, though usually as long as you're careful and follow the manual you should be fine
Though I really think you should get help from someone who knows a little more about this than you to look at your set up in person and do some basic troubleshooting, before you do end up cooking one of your parts

take everything apart, make sure you have all the necessary components, then put it back together
children can build PCs user
youtube.com/watch?v=IhX0fOUYd8Q

I can’t get any help. Here’s one more pic. Is my power supply too strong for my graphics card?

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 2.01M)

there a song to help ya
youtu.be/8ZqrXaeaQKg

>Is my power supply too strong
That isn't possible
You did plug the PCI-E connector into the GPU, right? Also what CPU do you have? Maybe you should get your shit working first using the integrated graphics, then put the GPU in when everything else is already working.

Looks like based on the pics the board doesn't have integrated which is something I didn't notice earlier
That statement doesn't make sense. I feel you lack the experience and knowledge required to pull yourself through this without breaking something

Anyway, Do you have a PC Speaker installed, some call it a cmos speaker/ bios speaker /piezo speaker / pc beeper ? This is used for the motherboard to beep codes at you so you can tell what the problem is if the machine won't boot. Usually these come with the case or motherboard

I’m not sure but I’m almost positive it’s fried. I’m going to install a Ryzen cpu into a tomahawk mobo

When you turn it on do all the fans spin at 100%? What happens when you turn on the PC

Only the fan located on top of the cpu turns once

>this cable menagement