I've realized that FOSS is a cult, just another religion

I've realized that FOSS is a cult, just another religion.

Attached: pepefroggie.jpg (800x450, 40K)

Only just? Of course it is, any rigid rule set where there is a clearly defined line of loyalty and disloyalty or conformity or nonconformity is going to develop into an ideology (as opposed to realpolitik or pragmatism) and ideology often leads to cultism.

If you used nouveau and GIMP, you'd know how marvelous the Church of Emacs is!

also the "Faith" in success like faith in mao or whatever t. not op

The religious should pump out, and maintain free software.
Like how Trappists monks make beer, and Buddhists monks do animal dancing.

So is proprietary software.

come back with evidence

Not all cults are bad. Just use your brain.

Yes, but it's the true religion.

FOSS+Anime > *

Attached: 1389065029888.jpg (326x273, 19K)

I have a toy conspiracy theory that Ted Kaczynski met Richard Stallman while at Harvard/MIT respectively and redpilled him on FOSS in an attempt to stop technological progress by removing a large percentage of the profit model

BaSeD and blackpilled.
Software is as unimportant as politics and everything else.
Just keep using whatever is on the current devices.

True, they all use this kind of jargon as in groups promote a transcendent kind d of conformity. Look how stalin used to always finish sentences with "... just like Lenin would want". You cant argue with a static and non tangible image of the dead guy.

FOSS actually has a purpose though, in contrast to religion.

ah yes *pulls on corncob pipe* i too am an intellectual

if you have any refutation of free software as an ideology id love to hear it!

FOSS zealots do good and useful work, though, and often for no pay. What's wrong with a religion that motivates people to better the world around them?
>They're annoying
I think they can be forgiven for that. There is a place for aggressive evangelism of free software. Sure, it isn't very effective on young, relatively well-off people who are already familiar with using technology on a personal level, but it is very effective on, say, politically-aware and socially-concerned older people who don't know much about technology and are not aware that it could (potentially) be a force for liberation and communal good.

Congratulations, you figured out that humans doing things will tell you a little bit about the thing and a lot about humans. For the ultimative mindfuck, re-evaluate what you know about actual religions. If any of it would be true (meaning that it claims would be correct), then how would a group of people following that religion look like? Buddhism, Islam, Christianity?

>tools that work are a cult

>has a license that artificially restricts what you can do with it
>works

>source code must be hidden and rules must restrict users for tools to work

This

At least this religion produces technology. The other religions don't.

and then there is this faggot.
Enjoy being a tool of your cult.

The purpose of religion is to give a purpose to the life of normalfags.

They're not bad until you fall out of line.

Good, the world needs religion