HD600 Bros, what's the best budget amp to pair with this set of headphones?

HD600 Bros, what's the best budget amp to pair with this set of headphones?
Too poor for a bottlehead crack

Attached: 600.jpg (564x750, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

schiit.co.uk/headphone-amps
youtube.com/watch?v=tCZ-AJQOiDg
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-monoprice-liquid-spark-headphone-amp.5224/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurement-and-review-of-fx-audio-dac-x6-dac-compared-to-topping-d30-and-fiio-e10k.2097/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Topping DX3.

Attached: 1538568177702.png (1440x1080, 1.83M)

>nearly $200
>budget
I mean if that’s the case then.

I bought the 600's because of you and they are pretty fantastic. But my budget is around 100 bucks.

Attached: 1568121632886.jpg (274x309, 31K)

>too poor for a bottlehead crack
Good luck then, all the good tube amps are expensive and all the solid states worth getting are around the same price

Correction, I just looked up the price of the crack, I was severely mistaken and thought of another, diy amp. Lemme find one for you

Fiio e10k

JDS Atom, then.
No DAC, but the amp is the important part; Your computer probably doesn't suck that much as a DAC.

Thanks, I was deciding between that or the Liquid Spark. Some people said the Liquid Spark sounds like a tube amp

Attached: 1568148928826.png (1200x1013, 1.01M)

Just noticed.
>because of you
Glad you liked them, user!
Whatever you do, get a flat, well-measuring, objectively good amp, to act as reference.
You can always play with tubes and other subjective nonsense later on.

Attached: 1551008416562.png (1600x1200, 3.08M)

Also consider the geshelli labs Archel Pro. The Atom is more polished, but the Archel has the numbers.

Thanks user, I picked out the 600 because they seemed to fit what music I would want to listen to them with.
I already had an Umi figure so I went with it for good luck. Only got it for 50 bucks from somebody

Attached: 1568122780018.png (700x700, 563K)

Was listening to Loveless World with mine just a moment ago :-).
I love my alter umi figure.
Rin is adorable-nyaa. One of the better voices in µ's, but not anywhere as popular as she should be.

Attached: 1559916168599.png (1391x1042, 2.43M)

Good taste user. Umi's voice sound lovely on these headphones. And Rin is pretty underrated too. When did you visit Japan from that picture?

Schiit Fulla 2
schiit.co.uk/headphone-amps

December through January. It's been a while.
Currently applying for jobs, now that I have both aws pro certs it should be easier. I get more responses than in previous attempts; Let's hope it works out.

Attached: 1553928440384.png (1391x1042, 2.3M)

Used LG V20. Quad dac + great amp.

I wouldn't. I actually got rid of mine, because it distorts and bottlenecks most headphones I have.

Attached: 1543467113905.png (1391x1042, 2.04M)

>Sennheiser
in the trash it goes

>hd600
>trash
>unironically

Attached: 1538434591748.jpg (483x487, 44K)

>actually buying schiit
youtube.com/watch?v=tCZ-AJQOiDg

Then get the magni 3. No dac and more juice for sicker headphones

You're lucky fren. Wish I could go down there for Christmas. Did you visit any headphone shops while you were there? Curious what you liked at those.
I read that the Atom measures better than Schiit products around the same price anyways. But I guess they have build quality over it which doesn't seem that important if an amp will just lay on someone's desk

Attached: 25b23c62287287d8046978d085aa2792.jpg (500x688, 160K)

Sure, it's pretty good and I've tested it (a coworker has it), but I'd go with the jds atom. It measures better.

Attached: 1557149290905.png (1391x1042, 2.01M)

e-earphone and yodobashi, in akihabara.
I found all the beyerdynamics I tested to be shit.
I liked the audio-technica open stuff (ad1000x).
I liked stax l300/l700, but not l500 nor sr-007, sr-009.
The hd800 is appealing but not as well balanced as the hd600.
hd700 is horrible; hd660s sounded good but not as much as hd600.
I also tried hd579, it's an improvement over 598, but doesn't hold a candle to hd600+ stuff.

Attached: 1539096186025.png (1387x1038, 1.91M)

Interesting. I've heard some people say the treble sounds thin on the 800 and it isn't as flat as the 600. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on these headphones with me. I feel like I have similar tastes to you. So this would help in the future

Attached: 1545533325350.jpg (1920x1080, 139K)

Of the stuff I tried, once I get my manage to move to japan, I'll likely get the sony mdr-cd900st immediately. Then after I have an apartment and some monetary buffer in yen, I'll get the STAX L700.
That's the plan... but first I need to get a job, and it's not as easy as I'd like.

Attached: 1541869321841.jpg (640x706, 98K)

Re: Magni 3, my coworker already complains of scratchy volume knob, so that's one more reason to get the Atom.
My Magni2 uber / Modi2 Uber are still perfectly fine... but they're not getting much use ever since the Topping DX3 arrived. I love the volume display and the digital encoder knob; I can set exactly the volume I want rather than analog guesswork. It also sounds different (and I prefer it!), which must mean something in my schiit stack isn't as flat as it should be.

Attached: 1541509639682.png (1387x1014, 1.8M)

Oh yeah, I read a lot of your posts in the archive of you talking about the cd900st. Was interested in them initially but read some anons said the mids drown out everything else. But I know Umi likes them so. The mk.2 L700 is out so youre in luck. I don't know how they compare to the originals though.
What type of job do you have? Surprised you met someone else into the same thing as you. Might consider the topping once I move from neet to working status. But for now I'm considering the Atom. Have you ever tried out the Liquid Spark before?

I'm in the same boat as OP but with hd650 and I'm in leafland.

Anyone can recommend me a good amp.
No Schiit stuff I was actually using a modi valii combo before and it was shit that broke after a year.

I've read that the Objective 2 makes the soundstage of the 650's a lot wider and more enjoyable to listen to. And those sell for under 100 bucks on ebay.

>cd900st
Yes, the cd900st are mid-centric. They manage to sound much better than the mdr-7506, which I own and find to sound horribly colored.
>But I know Umi likes them so.
Chihaya does, and I like chihaya too :-)
>What type of job do you have?
Job -> Cloud Architect (AWS certified).
>Have you ever tried out the Liquid Spark before?
No. I hadn't even heard about it.
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-monoprice-liquid-spark-headphone-amp.5224/
It does seem decent, but I'd invest in the atom, as the price difference isn't large.
I understand the O2 was decent back in the day but quite obsolete vs the fancy current amps. It should be a good option if the price is that low. Just beware of variants and annoyances like power input in the front.

Attached: 1539290673432.png (1920x1080, 1.95M)

Look into FX Audio X6. Cheap, great, and reliable. I have one, and I’ve had it for 2 years and it’s treated me well.

>Chihaya does, and I like chihaya too :-)
Ah I got that mixed up sorry.
I've read the treble on the 7506's are ear piercing at times too. Wonder why they're even used in studios and movie production if they're so colored lol.

Measures absolute shit.
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurement-and-review-of-fx-audio-dac-x6-dac-compared-to-topping-d30-and-fiio-e10k.2097/

>quite obsolete
What makes you say that? Nothing has happened between it's release and now as far as improvements go.

Also newer O2 from companies like JDS Labs and Mayflower have moved the power input to the back. A DX3 Pro or the O2 + ODAC form Mayflowe/JDS Labs is more than enough for anyone.

7506 do seem very fake-detail oriented to me. Like beyers and other poorly balanced cans.
There's some massive peaks in some frequencies. I find the bass particularly horribly highlighted in some ranges.
I've since concluded that the whole "used in studios" is probably a myth.
Like the HD598, I don't have them anymore; they're currently used by my family in another country.

There's stuff like the atom, with more power, lower impedance and distortion.
To be fair, likely no audible differences in most combinations. But why settle for lower specs, when there's so much better in the affordable zone these days.

What did you think of the dt 1990? Those are compared to the 600's a lot and some say they beat them with EQ.

Attached: h.jpg (1280x720, 464K)

>What did you think of the dt 1990?
I was disappointed. Greatly. The price tag is wtf. I would place them at $150 territory.
Played some idolm@ster stuff through them, they sounded as if underwater. Horribly V-shaped.
I doubt EQ can make them sane without introducing distortion, and you'd lose the "plug to anything and it sounds alright" value.

Attached: 1554557477218.png (1920x1080, 714K)

>HD600
nobass, no soundstage, shit imaging.

Let me guess: You're not Jow Forums.

Attached: 1538055185496.png (1920x1080, 1.6M)

Yeah but that doesn't make the O2 obsolete, that would be like there being some revolutionary new method of amplification. The Atom is a technical improvement, but nobody would ever be able to tell without measuring equipment.

Funny how subjective it is, I consider H600 to be some of the worst headphones you can buy while the DT 1990 is the best ones I've ever used.

HD**

Maybe no bass is a good thing.

Ah there you are.i was looking for you.

Ignore the JDS shills and their cheap, plastic amp.
Plenty of better advice itt

fiio e10k

just buy speakers, kids

So what's wrong with the amp exactly?

This.

JDS Labs Atom for neutrality
Garage 1217 Project Starlight for tubes

>hybrid tube
lol it doesn't do shit

1st two yes. shit imaging? 'no'

Yeah the imaging on the 600's are actually great. Better on the 660s though

How do I make the imaging sound great? Or are there any example of songs with good imaging?

Well they're reference headphones. You'll know if a song is supposed to sound wide or narrow depending on the recording.

Maybe you just have a fetish for getting your eardrum perforated by treble

Treble meme is something you only hear about on places where a lot of people with Asperger's Syndrome are concentrated, such as audiophile forums and sites. People with Asperger's Syndrome have sensitivity to high noises so they are a large part of the audiophile community(probably close to 2/3). Every time you hear someone complain about treble there is probably a 90% chance the person is legitimately on the spectrum.

wasn't asperger's removed from DSM? Lmao

>current year
>not being autistic

Wrong, retard. Too much treble gets fatiguing for anybody when you listen for hours, unless you already have hearing damage.

>t. autist

That's bullshit. Treble spikes are very real and certain songs become annoying with treble heavy headphones.

sometimes ignorance is bliss for these people. at least it helps them cope with hearing loss, lol

>The autist is immunized against all dangers: one may call him an incel, retarded, faggot, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him autistic and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”

do you brainlets not know how to EQ?

This desu

hd 600 has low harmonic distortion and highly EQable

Now that's some cope. I have Focal Shape monitors and Q350 speakers, both of which have decently neutral treble. The HD600s sound noticeably brighter than them to me (In a pleasant way though) and my DT770 and DT990 sound like 5x treblier than that to the point of being uncomfortable. I keep them because they're comfortable and durable as fuck but I can't listen to them for more than an hour. The Beyer ear rape meme is real. It's fine if you like the treble on those things but you have to admit that it's 100% an acquired taste. Just be wary of tinnitus.

tinnitus happens below 5k

Says who?

Ive had my modi/magni for 7 years now, works fine, I got gypped by customs and fedex because I was a dumb kid at the time and didnt know american goods were 100x more likely to be taxed upon entry.
Are there any new budget options? At the time it was pretty much just the modi and the o2, I dont want to upgrade but Im assuming it wont last forever

JDS Atom measures better than the magni. Most people say they like the sound of it more. I don't think it's worth buying a new amp over though if your current stuff seems fine.

Yeah, only when it breaks, jds looks pretty nifty, thanks

people of culture in technology and anime

what do you mean

Attached: 1566836542342.gif (540x576, 775K)

This thread was better, more informative, and more interesting than /hpg/. Thanks user

dac x-6 ,fiio e10k or a schiit one

Can any of you recommend me a good studio microphone? I'd like to be able to record live music and also voice over work

Keep them until they break, then look at the market again.
Topping DX3 is pretty good if you needed something now.

/hpg/ is trash sadly because of the spammers in it.

Anyone from Canada that could recommend me something?
Every amps I'm recommended aren't even sold here and needs to be imported.

atom?
fiio k5?
liquid spark?

jds atom
topping dx3 pro
liquid spark

CUTE

Yeah. iirc that's from tsukumo honya, the main one in akihabara (there's a lot in akihabara), where they have server cases and network equipment.

Attached: 1550508196810.png (1920x1080, 2M)

You return this trash. Goddamn I regret going for Sennheiser. I've never heard a more tinny and closed back sounding open back headphones in my life. Sound stage is non existent.

>uncolored soundstage
>"closed back sounding"

>tinny
>veiled

yup its snappheiser time

Lol the 600's are nowhere near tinny. I'm not even a sennheiser fan but it's obvious youve never tried them

>hd600
>uncoloured and neutral
Congratulations, you outed yourself.

Attached: 1522570066840.gif (500x281, 1.4M)

>can't even copy text
>unironically

not him but I own them and yes they are tinny and veiled. not just a meme. too lazy to sell them

k lol

Sit down retard.

Attached: 1533350995026.gif (500x529, 1001K)

TINNY
AND
VEILED

(what does it even mean)

no idea, the 600's sound warm and rather lush. i've listened to actual tinny headphones before.

I build my own crack for 160€, with speedball, getting the parts by myself.
Unfortunately I lost the schematic so I can't post it.