Are there any disadvantages to monitor arms aside from how autistic they look?

Are there any disadvantages to monitor arms aside from how autistic they look?

Attached: access-ma-esi-_0004_edge_2.jpg (1126x1126, 45K)

Less autistic than modern stands monitors come with tbqh.
Just get a dark one.

They prevent your monitor from free floating.

looks OCD to me

I'm sure it has a few PRACTICAL situations

just get a monitor with a good stock stand (dell)

Attached: 1566754769542.png (426x587, 107K)

they're a little bit wobbly unless you've got it mounted to a concrete wall or a half-ton steel desk.

Can I use this to angle my monitor over my bed so I can play games while lying down?

The best thing about the arm is that it frees desk spase.
Without the stand you can move your keyboard, graphical tablet or whatever there.

A low quality arm might be a little loose

for me its desk space they float over my table so i have space for stuff. maybe if my eye sight where better i would have them on the edge any way.

basically

Attached: 74747474.jpg (2280x1964, 363K)

the standard disadvantages when it comes to mounting something
if you ever need it somewhere you didn't mount it, that becomes a problem, though that's more of an issue for wall arms, which also can be distracting when cleaning

What IKEA desk are you using?

but I want to put my old monitor to my side on an arm and put a new monitor on my desk like normal

they probably don't make arms that long unless your bed is literally touching your desk. Or you could get one of those $10K+ super gaymen chairs with a reclining chair built into a desk

Buy a double arm then and put both monitors on the arms.

The main advantage is that you can elevate them to actual work height.
A adjustable desk is far better, since you can at the least adjust the desk to a position where your shoulders match standing or the chairs position.

The idea is to get the monitor elevated enough to avoid scholars neck. You might still have issues with chair not matching height of desk, meaning you are horrible posture in the first place.

Attached: Ikea-skarsta-arbeidsbord-sitte-sta.png (1400x1400, 583K)

i want to get a monitor arm mounted to the wall so the desk is completely clear of the stand equipment

Nice drawing

Wall mounting master race, no movement from table transferred to monitor.

It allows for more desk space and vertical monitors

kek

I have a funny story involving one of these. I got my first job as programmer 2 years ago, my desk is next to two other guys who started a week before me (we're still in the same team). Our desks had two of these arms so we screw in our monitors and everything is cool. Few weeks later some guy comes in and says that we and bunch of other guys are going to a different floor, this spot is gonna be for testers or something. Ok cool, before we even managed to disconnect our computers a swarm of girls comes around and start putting their shit on the desks, arguing who sits where. My buddy had a little problem with unscrewing one of his monitors from this arm, one screw was just totally ruined and the screwdriver was spining in place. Since everyone has the same monitor he asked one of the girls to give him her monitor and she can keep his already mounted and evetything. She started a scene yelling like are you fucking serious ??? and shit, she was batshit insane. Well, eventually he managed to unscrew the fucking monitor and we were on our way. It was pretty dope, they just opened a new floor in the office cuz they started hiring more people and we were first to use that new space, we had the whole floor for only ourselfs (about 10 people) for almost half a year. No wonder we're loud and obnoxious on the open space now, we got spoiled a bit with all that space just for us lol

Attached: 1568031120661.png (326x309, 75K)