When did you start hating programming?

When did you start hating programming?

Attached: istock-637893502[1].jpg (1200x799, 93K)

hmm around 2 months after I started working
get me out, I beg you

when i started working and people with zero programming knowledge who are senior to you force you to do something retarded, then when it goes wrong in a month and you have to waste more time doing what you originally planned to do but was simplified by some drone who worries only about time

Death is the only escape now

1 week before choosing what to study in uni
dodged a bullet there, figured out I fucking hate coding and wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life programming

that's what I thought, good thing I already prepared for it

Got pretty burned out after my first startup job. Nothing like being slavedriven so some other faggot a level higher than you can take all the credit and your douchebag boss makes all the money

when the trannies started doing it

then at my gay fortune 100 job before that I had to teach some token diversity bitch how to program and she made like 4 pay grades higher than me because she had been at the company longer

I still love programming all these years. It is not the craft itself you despise, it is working for someone else on meaningless projects and for money.

lol i was on the same money as a graduate project manager after 10 years of employment and I had actually had 6+ pay rises and 4+ job offers (contracts in front of me that I turned down). this guy had been here 2 years.

i feel like it was discrimination on my background and where I came from, the other guy came from a posh family and was just at his first job and was doing well so they wanted to keep him and gave him a 30% rise despite generating zero money for the business. I had done over 200hrs of unpaid overtime by this point.

when I tried to learn it

When I was 14

>*t. faggot keyboard*

Attached: th.jpg (215x255, 10K)

is working in a job really this stressful, I had a friend who was already depressed and bitter for not having a job for a while, but after getting another job he got even more bitter and insulting.
but all the guys who work in our own country aren't all that bad, but people who go work in foreign countries go full 180 and become bitter as hell

When I realized that I suck at it.

when I was debugging a 50 line assembly program for 2 hours, and finally realized I had mistyped a single instruction

aliens...............

Attached: aliens.jpg (800x501, 34K)

When I realized it was a job for undergrad monkeys

When I realized that sitting hours on end was not my thing. I should have gone with telecommunications instead.

Attached: 1505776202760.jpg (400x600, 56K)

Seethe dicklet

This.

When my Chad classmate (he works in finance) become director of a company 3 years after graduating. I'm still a 'software engineer'. PROGRAMMING IS A MEME.

Never went to college
Trade meme
Pivoted to automation
Pivoted to sales

Making 250k @ 27yo
Now 42 own business, house and investment property.

College itself is a meme if you're smart

Can you elaborate please? How did you get into the stuff you're doing?

Just took every opportunity that I had to learn something.
Working in manufacturing in maintenance, took a job with a machinery supplier and took an interest in everything.
Most people are unmotivated and stupid, show serious interest and do more than your paid for and you will get trained in everything and you cna use those skills when you work for yourself.

when I had to collaborate with others.
- oh we started using X before you came on the team so now we have to support this legacy
- oh you had a milestone for that feature? well we had to undo Ed's code, and since he added his code after yours, we had to revert to a version before your milestone -- guess you'll have to start over
- that thing that is sending ten alerts to your phone every day isnt a part of this sprint, you can try fixing it two weeks from now but not before.

and I haven't even started on the vague requirements I get from users. I love programming; it's people that bug me.

Attached: plimpton_facepunch.jpg (421x345, 131K)

>42
So you're from that generation. Not a whole lot of opportunities like that now. Anything that makes that much money requires fancy degrees these days.

I hated programming for years doing enterprise Java, it was endless pointless meetings and onerous documentation standards that nobody would read, and code conventions that i didn't agree with and made no sense but I lost the will to argue about it.

I quit that job now work from home. I love programming again, now working on modernizing a Perl 5 codebase with one other dude. No meetings, do whatever the fuck I want, and perl5 is underrated AF, literally king of gets-shit-done mountain.

never have i met a tranny programmer. if they exists they stay out of my sight and there's nothing wrong with that.

I really don't wanna work in a "corporate" place, it must suck being a crab in a bucket AND having to deal with old ass code, as well as people with seniority that just force you to do shit "their way" despite "their way" being 7 years outdated.

Startups are where it's at IMO, or at least modern / new companies.

42 isn't that old. The early 00's job markets weren't so radically different.

Literally the day I started doing it as a job.

I quit and now I work full time on FLOSS projects. Hopefully one day I'll be making enough money to go around the world and preach about free software like RMS.

Never.
I spend all my free time programming since middle school, in a way that was really enjoyable and effective.(modding, wire mod, hobby projects)
Now when I went to work I practically have 10 years if experience when I entered market, do I got fun, interesting job at start.
Never had to be a code monkey, never had to study and practice plain programming. Even if learning it all took me few thousands of hours, it was still fun and worked.

have you ever met a tranny programmer who deletes comments because they aren't gender neutral though?

Such bullshit
Wasn't easy when I did it, it's never been easy to best the majority

Even if you're a programmer, no reason you can't get a customer facing role, learn how to speak to clients and thereby end up with all the skills to run your own business.... People just like to say it's all too hard so it's not their fault their life sucks.

no

>When did you start hating programming?

It was when this guy slapped my girlfriends ass

Attached: cyberpunk.jpg (354x600, 27K)

How much do you make monthly and yearly? You better not be paying taxes because if you are, you're nowhere near as smart as you think you are.

>muh if I can do it anyone can do it
>also admits it is the minority
42 y/o boomer

Attached: 92n5hakwk3i31.jpg (971x1137, 126K)

When I realized I hate the people that I would have to work with.

>program as a hobby
FUN
>program as a job
NOT FUN
explain this atheists

Attached: (39).jpg (662x712, 38K)

only if you are a brainlet

capitalism ruins everything

Same

Never do shit for free user. If someone start talking shit about this kind of opinion it means he/she is either naive or just get paid a shitload of money.

Anything done as a steady Job is not funny.

I still like programming, but everyone at my job does everything possible to take my time away from programming.

>The early 00's job markets weren't so radically different.
you're an utter moron

hate == love

i wish somebody warned me

its too late to leave now

THIIIIS x10000

fucking boomers.

I still like programming both as a job and as a hobby. What I don't like is management that expects the system to shit out fucking magic 3 times faster than feasible and the brain donors that write the APIs I need to integrate with.

I've never seen anyone who's involved with software after they are 35. why is this?

They realized it is not worth the investment

You can get better payments in administrative positions, no matter what industry you are on

Why is this so common?

this feels bad

When I stopped learning it and had to start applying it to problem solving. Anyone can learn to code, whether you're able to do anything useful with that knowledge is a whole other story. Guess it's just not for everyone.

You got Sawyer'd.

Anyone else hating coding in private but loves code to solve real business problems?

When I found this board.