Are you ready for Google stadia user?

Are you ready for Google stadia user?

I am ready, and I'm also ready to throw my console and gaming PC in the bin

Attached: Screenshot_20190911-141904.png (720x1440, 104K)

It has a lot of haters but it's probably the inevitable future of gaming for most normies

The hardcore people will still stick with their own custom build pc's but those aren't most people

I really do want to try the service for myself so i can feel how bad the latency actually is

Depending on the game a bit latency isn't that and perfectly playable
Not competitive cs go or something though ofc

The real scary thing is if eventually u can only stream games and not own / modify / mod whatever your games anymore

Attached: mustardrace.png (976x658, 272K)

Bump

There was like a second of latency in their demo, so it's probably going to be shit at best and unusable for most people.

Thanks for the bump faggot

I'll wait for 5g connection

> Are you ready for Google stadia user?

Why would I want to use that shit? I have a PC.

>Playing games for imaginary achievements instead of contemplating the universe and becoming a superior being

ngmi

Attached: derp.jpg (474x408, 34K)

Australia invested in top tier fibre optic broadband so no need for that

5g will be more suitable for portability, if I'm fixed lactation there's better alternative

I do both

Another Google's travesty gimmick.

The inevitable future just like VR.

I don't claim to be an autist who can apparently notice the difference between CRTs and LCDs in terms of input latency, but doing all of that shit over the internet is just going to be way too fucking much.
It's going to be dead on arrivial.

They cannot solve latency. It'll fail just like OnLive. Also don't want my games controlled by the Cloud

Vr failed, 3d failed and next streaming games fail

>hey man, i was in the beta, the latency was fine for something like assasin's creed
>LOOK AT THIS WEBM THAT PROVES THAT YOU ARE WRONG
>but i've actually played it and it was fine
>NO, THIS IS LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE

every stadia thread

Exactly. People just don't seem to realize that unless Google puts one of their Stadia servers on every single city the latency will be complete garbage.
>Put they fixed it
Google can't fix it latency, it's virtually impossible to fix latency unless they start using something that travels faster than light to transmit data

>fixed lactation

Attached: br.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Google directly peers with most major ISPs dudes. so, instead of going through their normal egress/ingress routs, they'll have a special connection that routes their traffic differently. most every major company with an online presence does this. it doesn't solve latency but drastically reduces it.

also, if you see the "low latency" mode on Twitch, that is also the reason why.

The key difference here is that streaming has come and failed already, Google's just late to the party.

This test is retarded, download speed barely matters as long as you have enough to stream 1080p60 video (multilated by 4:2:2 subsampling).
Experience will be awful even if ping is above 50ms, in which case you're 3 frames behind.
Also god forbid you start rotating camera or more than 4 particles show up, they'd need to have like 20 000 kbps stream or else everything is going to become blocky mess.

Sounds good OP, since you're going to throw them away anyways, if I pay for shipping can you send me your consoles and PC now that you don't need them?
Quite honestly though, if you think this is going to replace PCs and consoles, you've got another thing coming bud

>no measurement of latency
Is everyone at Google just retarded?

No they hope that if they dont mention it nobody will notice.

I loved OnLive when it was out, around 2013-2014 was when I used it.
On a Pentium 4 PC with 1GB of RAM and a 2Mbps connection, it looked like shit most of the time but it worked and I hope Stadia works too even if I have upgraded to something infinitely better.

Op here, is latency the same as ping, and lower the better yeah?

Attached: Screenshot_20190911-195036.png (720x1440, 142K)

How delusional are you to think vr has failed
It's growing larger every year retard

>based on your current download speed, we expect that you'll have a high-performance gaming experience
They don't know what latency is?

All this shows me is that you invested heavily in a "virtual reality" headset and are becoming bitterly disappointed in the impending doom of said investment

Guess not. Probably trying to push it under the rug

Yeah pretty much. Also important to test for stuttering as well and if latency changes based on how much bandwidth is used. Most of the time, I just do a simple ping.

Shame

Attached: Screenshot_20190911-225842.png (1080x2160, 180K)

imagine not owning your hardware lmao

Attached: IMG_20190911_090024.jpg (720x1440, 69K)

Pathetic

Attached: 8D931079-A9CE-40FA-B019-5AB81B87723C.jpg (1242x608, 40K)

>The real scary thing is if eventually u can only stream games and not own / modify / mod whatever your games anymore
That's what worries me as well. Stadia is supposed to be an alternative to local copies of games, not the only solution, which is what Google is trying to do.

How much bandwidth do you actually need to just have the streaming input delay?
Say, at home I have 120Mbps DL and 20Mbps UL at a maximum of 32ms ping. Would that be enough to do the things you described without causing more screen delay?

Stadia is gay but it means Linux support for AAA games so I'm excited

I see

these, I tested Steam inhome streaming, which is local and it still felt like ass.
unless you have severe brain damage or are very stupid, you will hate it.
enjoy your ass in creed, rocket league and fifa I guess.

i dont own a vr headset but its pretty clear to see theyre making huge advancements every year and interest is only growing. im personally waiting for a really good wireless version

Interest is declining, just google the stats, drop in market share, lower investor confidence, declining profits.

Oculus rift is basically finished, looks like Sony is going to take whatever's left of the diminishing market.

Why is it failing?
Lack of support
Lack of software
Costly
Inconvenience of having mask on your face, same reason why 3d failed, glasses on face is annoying

>only 5MB/s
What a shit connection mate, that's nowhere near "great". Great is when you have 150 MB/s or something.

thats the end game of crapitalism. you don't own anything you just rent it from the corporations. it's literally communism for the rich.

I'd say VR is pretty much dead, but AR still has interest, but not necessarily for gayman uses.
OpenXR is the kind of thing that was needed for all of that shit to not be a fractured mess, but the 1.0 version of that only came out a month ago.

K.

If it actually becomes the future of gaming then of course I'll use it if I want to play games.

But I'll never throw away my gaming PC, because I also use it to develop.

I'll also never develop for Stadia, out of wholly justified spite / moral indignation. There WILL be a somewhat publicly recognized non-proprietary alternative with no botnet -- possibly no streaming as well, but that's worth it -- and I WILL develop exclusively for that platform instead, whatever it may be.

5?
It says 41

Have you met most gamers, user? Console gamers especially. There's a ton of people that press the button on their TV that stretches 4:3 stuff into widescreen, and then never even notice the fucked aspect ratio. You think 700ms of lag will bother them? At most they'll have a vague notion that its not as good but be unable to tell you why and use it anyway because normalfags are very much convenience uber alles.

Why are you answering for me? Lol, fucking retard

I've heard google will install dumb render racks at ISPs which pretty much cuts network latency to

Will it cuts latency in general or only for the Stadia service?

Anything >0ms will always have some delay by definition. Anything >20ms can make an fps difficult to play but that also depends on how fast your monitor is.

>I tested Steam inhome streaming
What was your setup? It can perform extremely well depending on your setup. If you were using WiFi at all, you fucked up.

>700ms of lag will bother them
Have you ever played with that much lag? No one would be able to handle a second of delay.

using my desktop with a 6700k on a gigabit ethernet steamlink, but even 2d is slow

More like
GOIGLE STDia!

What GPU?

Fuck stadia and fuck you for wanting to give the retarded lawyers the powers to erase games from existence.

But stuff like shadow where you basically rent a powerful PC and can do the fuck you want with it are more than OK on my book.

1070ti

Hmmmmm as long as you enabled hardware accelerated compression of the frames in steam, it should be working well. Your hardware is certainly capable.

Pathetic

Attached: 420.jpg (510x198, 21K)

It has declined compared to the vr revival hype obviously
People realised that it's quite bleeding edge tech, and that the first gens are for enthusiasts only.
It has enough support and software for such an early tech, and a lot of it is pretty great actually.
Comparing 3d glasses and vr is stupid. 3d stuff brought nothing to the table besides slight depth perception, and the software was inconvenient at best.
Vr immerses you in the world, obviously you have to design new ways to interact with virtual worlds. And it takes time.
Ease of use was rough in 1st gen, but it's almost plug and play now.
Cost has also been greatly reduced.

Also oculus is killing itself by fragmenting the vr market

The stadia speedtest is the same as the google speedtest (which also shows your latency)

So might as well just use the regular old google speedtest since it gives you latency and upload results as well.

Attached: 2019-09-11 13_12_31.png (2638x563, 180K)

>Imagining the universe in your head
Aren't any achievements in philosophy as imaginary as in vidya

lol

Attached: lmfao.png (788x155, 18K)

You are going to play games at fixed settings for 10 bucks a month plus full price for every game?

pathetic

Attached: 8581672435.png (350x200, 20K)

It won't last more than 3 years. I would put big money on it.

t. beta tester

pathetic indeed

Attached: 1568222586920.webm (788x534, 888K)

>not testing his home connection

I don't care, I can rent a server with 10gbps to do a speedtest too, or do one from work.

It's actually a loopback server on my shitty laptop kek

Even more retarded.

At least with a 10gbps VPS you can get buffer on private trackers.

>full price for every game
wait, what?

Yep user, they are that retarded.
Like with loot boxes, greed will save us from itself.

Do it man, you have a time-frame and all. Short it.

Google stadia is 10 bucks a month plus full price for every game.
Also assuming you live in a place with data caps it would probably be cheaper to get a pc and buy on steam in the long run.

>10 bucks a month + full price for every game
Why the fuck anyone would use this, then???
What the hell... It's much cheaper to get console or build gayming PC

I guess 10$/month might be comparable to a gayming pc upgraded every few years. Wouldn't know, my pc is 9 years old now. But there's still latency + you need a not-complete-dogshit pc anyway. No way this shit's gonna fly.

>+ you need a not-complete-dogshit pc anyway
Why would you need that?

It runs on Chromcast ultra dongles, why would it require a decent PC?

How much is it going to cost?
Do I have to buy games for it separately or does the subscription cost include a library of videogames?

I stopped playing videogames a long time ago but there are a few singleplayer games I would like to try out but I don't have the willpower and money to invest in a gaming console/setup to actually be bothered.

$120 a year, so about the same as 3 games. Xbox and Playstation are doomed.

can't wait

Attached: google likes me.png (1093x688, 69K)

The wost part about stadia is how closed shit it is.
You can't for example run emulators on stadia.
No "a ha! i will just run Yuzu".

Do the google speedtest to find out your latency to their servers.

Still added cost. Chromecast is definitely the cheapest option though.
I'm just trying to rationalize renting a gaming console for 120$/year and it's just retarded.

It's not added cost, because you likely already have a shitty laptop or desktop capable of stadia.

The point is, you DON'T need a powerful computer at all.

The same can be said about Shadow, but on that you don't need to rebuy your games, and can run whatever you want.

>I'm just trying to rationalize renting a gaming console for 120$/year and it's just retarded.
For someone who is not a videogame obsessed manchild but still would like to have the possibility to play one it's a decent deal because you don't have to pay for a full year's worth of subscription, only for the time it takes you to play the game until you get bored with it.

Cool?

I really don't care, all i'm saying is your argument of
>+ you need a not-complete-dogshit pc anyway
Is not really true, it will work even on a dogshit PC as long as your internet is solid and it's not so outdated it can't run W10 and hardware accelerated video decoding. Even cheap trash from ~2012 would probably still run it.

Even in this case its more expensive than just buying it for PC, because you will have to pay the full price of the game + 10$

I'm not the same man, and i do agree with you in this point.
But just stealing a bit of the stadia thunder.

if I ever want to give stadia a try, I'll be fine.

Attached: 2019-09-11 14_56_04.png (400x191, 8K)

Bandwidth is more about the image quality. If you want it to look close to flawless at 1080p 60FPS you will probably need a 50+ Mbps stream, because live video encoding isn't that efficient. Google will not give you 50+ Mbps, I expect them to give you like 10Mbps or 20Mbps at best for 1080p 60FPS and it will look awful, but probably good enough for normalfags.

You can expect your total input lag increase over the game running locally to be around the ping to the server + another 10-30ms on top of that, so pretty awful once again. It's going to be the absolute bottom of the barrel "serious" gaming option, with consoles on top of streaming and PCs on top of consoles.

1080p24fps with HEVC is already down to like 5-7mbps, making it 60fps is only an increase of ~40%. You'd be fine with ~15Mb/s and still have netflix quality video.

even 4k@60hz would only be ~30-50mbps.

You can't use HEVC or any sort of heavy encoding scheme.
It need to be lightweight on both sides because you can't count with buffering saving your ass.

They're supposed to be using VP9 with custom built encoding ASICs and will likely switch to AV1 encoding when it becomes feasible.

I bet they had to cripple it to work.
Video codecs are not exactly lag friendly, because they need shit like forward frames to complete frames.

Considering I have 10mbps NO.

I don't have a PC. My ultrabook is a browser, an e-mail client, a text editor and a SSH terminal.
I can afford a gaming console and I can afford a gaming PC, I just don't want to spend money on it because it would be a waste of disposable income
Spending 20USD to rent a virtual gaming console for two months and whatever-the-publisher-asked USD for a digital copy of the game (which I would assume could be a lot cheaper on a walled-garden platform like this) is a far better deal for the short timespan I require.