There is literally no reason to not use Ubuntu if you use Linux on the desktop...

There is literally no reason to not use Ubuntu if you use Linux on the desktop. It's the most stable distro with the most third party support.

Prove me wrong.

Attached: 1567925751268.png (709x709, 407K)

Mint is Ubuntu but with a less retarded desktop.

Gnome idling uses over 1gb of ram
KDE uses 600 idle on their flagship distro, less on suse or manjaro

who cares. I have no issues with gnome with only 8gb or ram.

>Distros are the same thing as DEs
Lol

bitching about idle RAM usage is just poverty cope at this point
You are already doing better than Windows in some ways already

There's no reason not to start with Ubuntu (or ideally, one of it's flavors) and only moving to another distro when you understand why you would want to make the switch.

Attached: 1382899244279.jpg (1010x925, 429K)

you're so right i had to give you a (You) and agree with you.

>i3 arch with minimal kernel
>idle at 164mb
plebs

What can’t be done on Ubuntu or its derivatives that can be done on other distros?

I agree but only if put flavors version of Ubuntu on that. Since 10.10 Canonical had failed in doing a good desktop.

Nothing. You can rice Ubuntu just as easily as arch or any other distro. Only legit reason to not use it is systemd.

>uninstall gnome
>removes networking, xorg and pulse audio somehow

There is hardly a reason to switch, that is what I meant to imply, if my post wasn't clear. The huge majority don't need to switch. Maybe you want a rolling release, a different package manager/repos, you want a fully libre distro or some other thing that sets the distros apart.

Attached: 1389337746211.png (992x1404, 541K)

But arch uses InitealD too. And you are forgetting their version of a gnome is even worse than Gnome 3 in itself.

kubuntu is better and easier to use

Part of the whole reason I switched to linux was because it made better use of hardware and didn't require 8GB just to idle just to secretly thrash my hard drives doing god knows what in the background.
You might as well go back to windows if you're gonna bloat up your machine with a default install of GNOME 3 or KDE.

I haven't hugged another person affectionately in months. I'm so deprived

works on my machine noob

Why on Earth would you install gnome only to uninstall it later?

Attached: 1443725593352.gif (500x419, 177K)

I can't, I started with ubuntu on 6.06 and distro hopped for years started trying fringe stuff like OpenIndiana or different BSD's
Ubuntu just works and is pretty stable, there are always packages for everything and it has real vendor support.
>inb4 idle memory
I do stuff with my desktop instead of rice and stare at neofetch all day, this is with VSC, 15 tabs in firefox, Keybase and other random shit
like terminals open. Xfce 4.14 idles at around 400-500mb though, but you'll only see that on a fresh boot since everything is getting cached.

Attached: uwubungoes.png (927x482, 89K)

I used xubuntu for a long time. I have nothing against it as a desktop os. I've decided to migrate over to debian because my ubuntu installation started to deteriorate over the course of a few years of upgrades. Bluetooth stopped functioning, the machine would get hot and it hogged a bit more ram than I would've preferred. Still a comfy experience though.

For me, it's Kubuntu.

>There is literally no reason to not use Ubuntu
bloat, thx but i would like to know what's on my system when it breaks. also i think ubuntu includes snaps?

Snaps and snapcore user framework. yes

>kubuntu
my komrades

In 2019
>Forced Snaps over Apt
>Getting rid of i368 libs
Prior to 2019
>List too fucking long but start with Mir, Unity, Upstart

>Ubuntu doesn't ship with Gnome3
Lol

>Forced snap over apt
Why are you repeating falsehoods? You can still use apt if you want and 99% of all packages are still offered in apt form

Attached: 1508665580041.gif (320x180, 500K)

>unity
That was a mistake as Gnome 3
>Mir
>Upstart
That made RedHat stop to be too lazy.

I'll give you Unity was less of a mistake than Gnome3. What about Canonical getting rid of some apt versions of packages for snaps and getting rid of i386 libs?

>What about Canonical getting rid of some apt versions of packages for snaps and getting rid of i386 libs?
Late or soon that will happen. The same happened to 16bits processor and programs in the early '00s. The right thing is maybe just to keep 32bits support on the next LTS.

>openbox arch
>idle at 100mb
I guess that's why people call i3 pseudo-minimal.

Attached: 1563964461429.jpg (1048x963, 241K)