Linux mint sucks. Randomly just freezes for no reason...

Linux mint sucks. Randomly just freezes for no reason, complete freeze to the point only holding down the power button can shut it down.

And it’s been doing that since the installation, the timing is completely unpredictable. Sometimes within half an hour of boot sometime after 12.

Is there no good OS? Is that the Jow Forumspill? That while windows and Mac suck, so does Linux?

Attached: F55E882F-10BF-407B-8E5A-6651893CBBE8.jpg (1000x500, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

askubuntu.com/questions/749349/how-to-set-intel-idle-max-cstate-1
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MRS3MIS
askubuntu.com/questions/803640/system-freezes-completely-with-intel-bay-trail
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

TempleOS

>my hardware doesn't have good support for linux
>therefore not only is linux at fault, but the problem is somehow this specific distro
t. brianlet (not misspelled)

About to install Linux Mint because I’m tired of Ubuntu. Really hope I don’t have these problems

If you were able to use Ubuntu long enough to know you didn't have these problems with it then you won't have them with Mint. Problems like this are rarely userland bugs.

So you only tried mint?
Not anything else??

I've exactly the same issue, even trying to enter in tty does nothing

You’re right, I can’t speak for all distorts(not misspelled) but so far mint is not a good time

What is the best distro for programming

Let me guess, Intel CPU? It will freeze on any Linux OS.
askubuntu.com/questions/749349/how-to-set-intel-idle-max-cstate-1

If not even the power button works then it's almost certainly a kernel issue so I don't see how a different distro would work better unless it ships with a hardware-specialized config
Get supported hardware

Delete your garbage thread and either post in /sqt/ or /fglt/.

Again, probably not a distro issue. You probably won't be able to run any distro at all on the hardware you're trying to use.

Literally never had this problem on multiple Intel CPUs.

That’s correct
>Intcel Quad Core Pentium N3540 Processor
>4GB Memory
> 500GB Hard Drive,

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MRS3MIS

The excact laptop to be specific

>N3540
askubuntu.com/questions/803640/system-freezes-completely-with-intel-bay-trail

YOU'RE LYING YOU CAN'T BE RIGHT YOU'RE A STUPID GLOWNIGGER

Welp, when I booted it up with the usb and try to go into mint, I get nothing but a black screen. Jesus.

Op here, you’re my boy for that

Thanks.

It's on a very specific generation. Basically just budget laptop CPUs.

After looking it up, looks like I might have to disable secure boot or UEFI in bios

Easier solution: stay on Ubuntu, just install a non-shitty DE like Cinnamon or Budgie.

Is there a blinking cursor?
Can you access a TTY (try Ctrl+Alt+F4)?
Can you reboot with multiple successive Ctrl+Alt+Del's?
If no to the first two and yes to the third, this sounds like a graphics driver problem I fixed in Gentoo on my GPD MicroPC by installing the most recent mainline kernel.
If this is your same problem, you should be able to boot into a CLI by pressing E at GRUB to temporarily edit the boot script and adding 'nomodeset 3' to the command line arguments on the line that runs the kernel. This will cause Mint to boot without trying to load a graphics driver, continuing to just use the framebuffer console, and it will also boot to runlevel 3, text mode. Which will allow you to use a non-crashing TTY to make needed modifications e.g install a newer kernel. Remember to copy the distro config provided with the old kernel before building, and keep in mind that since mainstream distros have pretty bloated kernels, it will take a long time to build.

thanks for the help. for me it was just a totally black screen. no cursor or anything and had to force shutdown. think i might try again in compatability mode and see what happens