Do you use anti-static bracelets when you build a new pc?

do you use anti-static bracelets when you build a new pc?

Attached: Anti Static Bracelet.jpg (413x320, 27K)

I just get the people at the computer shop to do it because I'm not a peasant

nice of saying you a dumb retard who can even put together a pc in 10 minutes

no, and i also put the components on top of the outside of the anti-static bags they come in, all while building on carpet

What's wrong putting components on top of antistatic bags? I always do this. It's an antistatic bag for a reason.

I can by why would I
I don't farm all my food from scratch either

>Wake up check Jow Forums to make myself angry at the idiocy here.

That's not a anti static bracelet. That's just a rubber bracelet fags wore in 00's. For it to work it'd have to be grounded.

Attached: index.jpg (259x194, 7K)

Nothing is wrong with that. Unless it's powered on.

lurk more you stupid faggot.

thats a stupid argument you fucking retard.

i used to wear pic attached but then i just started wearing shoes that proper soles and have never shocked myself or the parts

smart move user how it should be

I cum on my hand and let it dry to insulate the electron flow

>For it to work it'd have to be grounded.
citation needed

no,.because I have wooden floor and not a carpet like some tasteless poorfag

If it dies, it dies

>Ground self through water pipe
>Hand is now wet
>Wipe it down with a towel
>Hand is now statically charged
HELP

no I like to live life dangerously

Just touch the PC case. You will at least equalise the charge between yourself and the object, which will prevent static discharge from your fingers to the components.

Sometimes I verge on forgetting some of the bracelets and braces.

why would I wear an anti-semitic bracelet when I build a new PC? that's not cool

>thats a stupid argument you fucking retard.
In other words "you got me, I cant argue with the truth"

Well, think about it. If there's static inside the bag, where is it all going to go? On the outside of the bag. So once you take something out of the bag, don't put it on the bag, just use the box it came in. Putting it on the antistatic bag is worse than carpet.

I build my computers inside a faraday's cage

>people actually buy this snake oil
lmfao seriously, i've assembled and disassembled on carpet tens of times with no issues, just don't be a retard and ground yourself every couple minutes

I put it on leg

No, never have.

All you have to do is earth yourself before building it by touching a metal object [not one of your components, obviously]. And make sure you're not building on carpet. A wooden floor is ideal.

How static charge goes in the bag in the first place? Doesn't bag "reflects" charge or is made out of non static material?

Static electricity is just some electrons roaming around,so I guess antistatic bag is made to keep these electrons outside, there's a reason why the foil has different texture inside and outside

No, I always build on my shag rug while wearing my fluffy pink bunny slippers and moonwalk the whole time.

Yeah and how it keeps them outside? Doesn't it mean that material is non static?

how new...

Attached: vergepc.jpg (676x493, 28K)

something like a Faraday cage I guess

My cage is a bit too tight

i don't even ground

Nah, I just touch the frame every few minutes. As long as charges are balanced, there's no reason for charge to migrate. Have never cooked a part in my life with ESD.

no, never used one ever and never had a problem. but i do use plenty of tweezers.

Computer is like people, as it ages, it lose memory.
But strangely computers only age when you take em to computer shops.

That means you ARE a peasant

This is a fucking scam.

You will kill your machine.

Static electricity builds up on your hands for several fucking reasons, and as soon you touch anything grounded, it discharges,regardless of if you have thick rubber shoes or is doing the monkey dance or anything.
And if the shit have no ground, it can't discharge you.

Just touch your psu while its plugged into an outlet

can you please stop being so fucking new or just go back already

>I can by why would I
>I don't farm all my food from scratch either
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, not everyone can farm food but just about every idiot on the planet can assemble a pc. Why pay someone to do that?

>every idiot on the planet can assemble a pc
stop

I just watched this jackass build an ROG PC while touching everything. Nothing was fried.

Attached: tech-1024x676.jpg (1024x676, 72K)

no they're a useless brainlet item. I got one with a chink ifixit knockoff and ended up just taking the alligator clip off and tossing the band.

only when I'm being paid to build it.

>unplug computer from ground
>you can now be at any voltage you want and touch all the shit because the pc potential is undefined

please stop advertising here

Welcome to 2016, user.

it's been proven these things are scams and don't work
try to stay caught up with things op

I just get barefoot

do you pay someone to wipe your ass you mongol