What is the best free online source for learning c++?

Attached: 1568360246847.png (676x458, 357K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nim-lang.org/
github.com/germanoa/compiladores/blob/master/doc/ebook/The C Programming Language - 2nd Edition - Ritchie Kernighan.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also how long does it take to learn c++?

Got any knowledge of programming before?

You see user, you never truly stop learning C++

Attached: forever.jpg (274x184, 8K)

I have none

If you want to get started and like yourself:
nim-lang.org/

If you hate yourself but want to actually be competent:
github.com/germanoa/compiladores/blob/master/doc/ebook/The C Programming Language - 2nd Edition - Ritchie Kernighan.pdf

This.
My naive college self thought that I knew all that there was to know about C++ when I graduated since that's pretty much the main language my university focused on in my classes. Got out into the field, and realized boy was I wrong.

Retarded recommendation. Learning C first is the worst mistake possible

OP, go with Programing: principle's and Practice with C++ by the language author

cppreference

torrents and online compilers desu i would post magnet but i don't have it atm

libgen

C++ is nothing you learn, it is a way of thinking.

Forever.
But you can start being useful after a few weeks.

A good resource is cppreference.com (avoid cplusplus.com which is not as good). But really the only way to learn is to start a project and keep going. Pick some domain you're interested in, some good library/framework and start hacking.

Basically C++ is bit like the Talmud. You can spend years studying it and get better at it, but no one in the world knows every detail on top of their head. The draft C++ 20 standard is a bit under 1800 pages. But there are thousands of additional pages of defect reports, technical notes, etc. Just like the Talmud, you could spend your life studying C++.

By comparison many experienced C developers know more than 80% of the language (probably 95% of the language and 70% of the standard library).

thank you based cons. watch bisqwit he's got some good videos for after you've gotten the basics down

learncpp.com

>cp
Hmmmm.

C++ is not something that you ever stop learning.

D u r g a s o f t

freetutorials (dot) us

Just download the C++ source files and start reading.
Pay special attention to the comments. Coders hate leaving comments so any they do leave are vital.
Then start making changes to the code, compile and read the error messages.
This is essentially how IBM JCL coders learn. Submit a blank deck and debug the error messages.

Attached: 1568303815060.jpg (971x280, 69K)

Delete this

your dad

cppreference

>Guy recommends Nim
>C first is retarded
>C++ instead

Attached: Daisy.png (496x418, 277K)

Coping linux denier