Innawoods Battlestation

I've got a large amount of undeveloped land that I'm planning to bury a shipping container on and make an off-grid battlestation

Not so much because I'm a paranoid schizo but I think it's just fun. And maybe it'll actually be useful some day. Regardless, I'm curious how Jow Forums would outfit a 40ft shipping container to be their ultimate laboratory?

Attached: download.jpg (294x171, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

old.reddit.com/r/DIY/comments/5uo176/underground_party_bunker/
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/09/spacex-says-itll-deploy-satellite-broadband-across-us-faster-than-expected/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Toughbook or Thinkpad, generator, satellite Internet uplink, done.

bumping with photos I'm using for inspiration. Nobody that's buried one to be a secret lab has really posted anything though, if any

Attached: modern-shipping-container-office-studio-130918-113-11.jpg (800x420, 78K)

You should get the energy supply down first.
Also, underground doesn't seem comfy.

lmfao
Its the "I want my house to look like an Apple store" starter home.

nice trips satan

I'm actually building a regular house above-ground and wanted to bury this container just to have a totally hidden off-grid space to build a cool bunker in. So I'm thinking of lining it with an anti radar material, using well-water and generator for utilities, my only ? is the internet connection

>anti radar material
Radar doesn't work through dirt you stupid asshole.

Rude cunt.

Wow you must have such a pathetic life if you feel the need to not only trip on Jow Forums but be an asshole at the same time. Get a life you fucking loser

>off-grid
>internet connection

Attached: 1466952685183.gif (370x335, 1.53M)

Shipping containers are built to withstand vertical pressure, not lateral pressure. Without expense and care burying one is likely to result in its sides caving in. Your best approach is likely just to build a more traditional basement, but you can look at some prefab bunkers if you want (generally they are tubular to better withstand pressure). I'd also advise you to spend some time lurking on /diy/.

Wont rust be a problem?
Is it a dry place?
How does ventilation work in one of these?
Or are you literary just going to plonk a rusty box in the ground and sit there suffocating by your own farts?

What a nice cuck shed he made for himself.

sorta possible... I guess?
Satellite internet connection is a bit expensive, though. Low bandwidth, slow as fuck upload.
>t. lived in a farm

>I'm planning to bury a shipping container on and make an off-grid battlestation
Why though? All you need is a concrete foundation, a bunch of wood, some modern fireproof/insulating/sound reducing/strong (and/or for each of these as needed) dry walls, exterior insulation and modern windows and some basic plumbing and you got an actual decent expandable cabin. Some of it can even be premade and/or rigged on metal tube frames or something else that isn't perfect but solid and repairable/expandable.

Vs a poorly insulated (or small) rust bucket.

Maybe Starlink or something will reduce that issue sooner than user has placed his shack.

Might have 4G depending on the area.

probably with a good view of his wife getting ploughed by BBC

That's a cool idea but don't be like this guy and think his party bunker made from a pesticide company's container will get him chicks
Honestly all the complaints in this thread are probably worth taking into consideration when planning
old.reddit.com/r/DIY/comments/5uo176/underground_party_bunker/

Why did they delete OP?

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/09/spacex-says-itll-deploy-satellite-broadband-across-us-faster-than-expected/

I once found a site on tor that had a guide to this. I'll try find it.

>chicks
It could work as well as the Epstein rape dungeon/breeding center.

It's the libs who have the actual brap farms.

>Shipping containers are built to withstand vertical pressure, not lateral pressure

Several solutions:
>reinforce the walls
>put the container on its side so the top and bottom are the sides and the sides are the top and bottom
>place sacrificial containers on the sides so they collapse first
>make a special container out of container bottoms

Shipping containers, or anything made out of steel then buried, would make for a terrible long term bunker but an alright short term. The largest problem you'll have is rain in the soil. Unless you're surrounding it in a concrete shell on the sides and reinforcing the top somehow the weight from the soil when its rain soaked will push you right up out of the ground, or worse, cause the sides to buckle and crush you. If you're living in an area with little rain you should fair better but you're in a steel box, in a very hot place, underground. Put it together you have heatstroke.

There's little I can think of off the top that can insulate the container from the pressures of the ground around you without scrapping the concept and pouring an actual concrete bunker. Maybe a gravel layer? If I had hard numbers I could figure something out but this is just school stuff I'm recalling.

Build a coffer from containers around a central container and fill them with concrete

It's a brap barn thank you very much

Kekd

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-13-23-33-34-357_me.ccrama.redditslide.png (1080x4469, 650K)

Why are smart people such bitchy nerds? Can't they just give practical advice if they're so smart?

The only thing I can recommend is:

Have two exits. Not one, two. Dos. That's one (1) regular exit + one (1) fire exit.

it's reddit and the intro was written for gold in mind

People shit on Jow Forums but I've gotten so much advice and tips even when I'm doing something retarded. The reddit community always seems like a bunch of snarky assholes from the caps I've seen posted here. Why would anyone reward you for trying to kill someone's dream as rudely as possible?

>bury a shipping container
Go back to

Attached: Buried Shipping Cargo Container Failure.jpg (1668x1188, 775K)

^this
in case youre not memeing this is a terrible idea
shipling containers can take vertical pressure but burying it will bend the walls and entomb you
also
if youre burying it to hide how are you gonna get power
how are you gonna get the water out

Reddit, like all social media, is a Skinner box, and everybody's just hooked on upvotes. Being a snarky asshole gets you points from people who like to think they're smart. It's high school, and everybody's desperate to show just how cool and aloof they are.

>bury shipping container
enjoy your leaky rust-bucket

it's not, you're just retarded and going into defensive mode.

If they're such a big brain why not give practical advice? Why just point out all the ways this person is wrong instead of helping make something that seems impossible possible? Like suggested a theory or the guy that user was replying to says 'just build a traditional concrete bunker' maybe that redditor could have adapted design concepts from a bunker like that to help out the dream. It is just too easy to poke holes in a dream like that instead of thinking of a way to make it real.

because otherwise it would be one short sentence
>dont do this, you fucking retard

>pointing out all the reasons not to bury a container is bitching
why waste time and effort talking about concrete bunkers when the topic is containers.

>user helps you avoid doing something dumb
>"WAAAHHH spoonfeed me how to do it right or you're a meanie"
a bit pathetic m8

hah

a shipping container will crush itself under the weight of the earth if you bury it. you must reinforce it, horizontally and vertically. how have you not done any research?

Funny first thing I thought of was the guy that had the top of his buried shipping container cave in. Sounds like a bad idea overall just do spray concrete or whatever it's called

Probably the best solution is to bury it sideways. Then you'll just have to place some kind of flooring down to level out the corrugated metal